The man and his horrid comment

Options

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he was trying to come on to you and it just came out wrong. Not all men are poets! :) Don't let it get you down.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, men don't think before they speak sometimes.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Seriously, I understand he didn't say it right. But I would LOVE my man to tell me when I don't look good in something, or that I'm a bit big here or there. As far as he is concerned I could walk around in a frumpy moomoo and he wouldn't care! It drives me insane! I think we as women need to grow some. Men are men, they have their ways and if we can't handle it, then it might not just be "their" problem.

Wow! You are absolutely right. *Mentally checkin' myself in the mirror. :smile:
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Seriously, I understand he didn't say it right. But I would LOVE my man to tell me when I don't look good in something, or that I'm a bit big here or there. As far as he is concerned I could walk around in a frumpy moomoo and he wouldn't care! It drives me insane! I think we as women need to grow some. Men are men, they have their ways and if we can't handle it, then it might not just be "their" problem.

SPOT ON!!!
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I got a question:

Why do women develop complexes of such things? I know you do. My wife does the same things. I'm not saying the guy was in the right, sounds like to me it was said jokingly, and not in a mean spirited way, but it doesn't take a genius to realize it was a bad idea....

But my wife will walk past me and slap me on the butt, and say, "getting a little jiggle down there eh?" I know she is joking, so I don't care, in fact i don't mind it at all. One day, I made the universally bad move to do the exact same thing to her... After an hour of her crying in our bedroom and many I'm sorry's later she came out. Why?

Not trying to start a fight, I'm just curious, as to why for most guys it gets shrugged off, but with most women, it is taken to a higher level?

I admit, I have met many many men that are just as bad as some of the women, and in my time in the Army, I met more than one woman that could kick my butt...
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    mine always seems to tell me I have a black girls booty. He's like you've lost a lot of weight and inches but your butt just stays....THHHHHANKS. So I usually turn around and tell him well tell your 1.5abs that the other are covered by the keg....
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I got a question:

Why do women develop complexes of such things? I know you do. My wife does the same things. I'm not saying the guy was in the right, sounds like to me it was said jokingly, and not in a mean spirited way, but it doesn't take a genius to realize it was a bad idea....

But my wife will walk past me and slap me on the butt, and say, "getting a little jiggle down there eh?" I know she is joking, so I don't care, in fact i don't mind it at all. One day, I made the universally bad move to do the exact same thing to her... After an hour of her crying in our bedroom and many I'm sorry's later she came out. Why?

Not trying to start a fight, I'm just curious, as to why for most guys it gets shrugged off, but with most women, it is taken to a higher level?

I admit, I have met many many men that are just as bad as some of the women, and in my time in the Army, I met more than one woman that could kick my butt...

cause 90% of men go around saying how hot these stick figure perfect looking women are "joking" around and than we look at ourselves in the mirror and realize we look nothing like them and it makes us upset
  • NanzyBoek
    NanzyBoek Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    ROFL im still laughing
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I got a question:

Because we are our own worst critics. As long as no one agrees with us our flaws are minimized. The minute you agree with us or point a flaw out then it must be true, right? Personally I don't go there with my husband anymore, it just sets him up for failure and he shouldn't bear the brunt of my emotions for my hang-ups
  • CrueChix
    CrueChix Posts: 47
    Options
    If your partner can't be honest with you, who can? He maybe could have worded it better, but if you truly want someone to keep you accountable don't give him too much of a hard time.
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I got a question:

Because we are our own worst critics. As long as no one agrees with us our flaws are minimized. The minute you agree with us or point a flaw out then it must be true, right? Personally I don't go there with my husband anymore, it just sets him up for failure and he shouldn't bear the brunt of my emotions for my hang-ups

I can agree with this... My wife is way more self critical than I am. I take it for what it is. I love her for her. Not how skinny/fat she is. So its not a big deal to me. If she wants to work out, I would be glad to join her. But i wont force her. I think a lot of women need to love themselves as much as they want someone else to love them first.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    So...you want us to lie to you?

I'm probably going to get chewed out for this but seriously, sometimes we have to tell you that you need to start watching what you eat and hit the gym. Would you rather we start cheating on you (not that I would, just saying) or just plain dump you with the lame "oh its not you, its me" ?

Please, don't make my post a gender issue and I perfectly understand getting hurt over comments like these however, the significant others can be in a hard place and a rock with these situations

Would you seriously dump a girl just because she gained weight? You're either very young or very shallow.

Yes, because thats exactly what I wrote in there right? That "I" would dump somebody for gaining a few lbs.

I was dumped for letting myself get in a bad shape. I donot resent the person for leaving me for getting into a bad shape, I do however resent that the person didn't said anything about me getting to a disgusting weight. In all honesty, anyones husband/wife telling them to start working out and eat well should be thankful for having a partner who is truthful to them and likes them enough to rather tell them and explain to them whats bothering them than just lie and secretly hating them for getting unhealthy.

But thank you for taking the time to twist words around.
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    That's when you grab his crotch and say "we need to work on this so I have something to grab!" LOL

AND THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY WHOLE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • yougojo170
    yougojo170 Posts: 62
    Options
    Really dumb comment, but I'm sure he is really sorry for hurting your feelings. Sometimes we speak without thinking..... forgive him and have some great make up sex.
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    That's when you grab his crotch and say "we need to work on this so I have something to grab!" LOL

this. hahaha
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I read your profile and my bet is she left you for a far less shallow reason than you gained weight. You had a pretty severe addiction and I'm sure that didn't help anything.

The hypocracies in your posts is mind boggling. But oh well, its MFP and you can say whatever you want. Good luck with life, where anything a woman does is fine and dandy but god forbid a man says what he wants and its just shallow and inconsiderate

You state in your profile that you spent four years plopped in front of a video game and "it ruined my life." That's an addiction sure as alcoholism and drug abuse. There is no hypocrisy in my post. I doubt your girlfriend was real happy playing second fiddle to a video game. Someone gaining weight doesn't mean that person is necessarily sitting on the couch eating bon-bons. It happens to people who are out living life, too.

If your weight gain was the sole reason you got dumped, then she was a jerk. But based on what you said about yourself, she either lied or you didn't hear her right.
  • Animaniac87
    Options
    I kind of feel that if you are on a weight loss journey, and you're public about it that you open yourself up for comments from people. Whether they be good or bad you've just got to let them roll off you
  • anneouel
    anneouel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend comments that im getting less comfy XD "comfy" being less cushy from fat. it's nice to hear but at the same time im just like o.o lol
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

I read your profile and my bet is she left you for a far less shallow reason than you gained weight. You had a pretty severe addiction and I'm sure that didn't help anything.

The hypocracies in your posts is mind boggling. But oh well, its MFP and you can say whatever you want. Good luck with life, where anything a woman does is fine and dandy but god forbid a man says what he wants and its just shallow and inconsiderate

You state in your profile that you spent four years plopped in front of a video game and "it ruined my life." That's an addiction sure as alcoholism and drug abuse. There is no hypocrisy in my post. I doubt your girlfriend was real happy playing second fiddle to a video game. Someone gaining weight doesn't mean that person is necessarily sitting on the couch eating bon-bons. It happens to people who are out living life, too.

If your weight gain was the sole reason you got dumped, then she was a jerk. But based on what you said about yourself, she either lied or you didn't hear her right.

Thankfully I raised better to make personal attacks and hence the reason I wouldn't say what I would like to but you should realize, 4 years is not a lifetime and I have had relationships before and after.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Uhmm... is that really something to get really worked up over?

I guess I'm just not the type to really take offense to comments like that. My hubby is very honest with me about stuff, but then again he's training to be a fitness trainer, so his comments are usually pretty dead on, lol.

I find it silly how women get so worked up and offended when their SO says something slightly offensive. They're human, they make mistakes. Acknowledge it and move on.