Oh, It's TOM so You Can't Exercise? BS!

Options

Replies

• ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I feel SO sorry for any men who have read through this thread! :laugh:

Why? Oh my god, women like you, and the men for whom you feel sorry, disgust me.

Wow, really? You're going to call me names because I feel bad for men who might have read some of the very picturesque visuals that have been posted in this thread? Yes, my husband knows i have lady parts, but I certainly wouldn't talk to him in some of the words that have been used here about it. I also don't use the restroom in front of him, either. Some things are just better done privately. It's called being a lady. More women should practice it nowadays instead of trying to be men and compete with men all the time.

1. I didn't call you names, unless you're insulted by the word woman?

2. How is speaking freely, in a public forum, with other women, about what it is like day-to-day to be a woman "[competing] with men" or "trying to be men"? I have every right to talk about whatever I damn well please, and any man who finds menstruation disgusting can either suck it up or go to hell. You think I enjoy it? You think I look at my underpants and think "Wow, that just looks AWESOME and not one bit repulsive"? No, I don't, but I'm stuck with it, and any guy who wants the perks of being allowed entry to a vagina should be able to deal with the bad parts. Any guy who scrolls down through this thread and thinks "Wow, these girls sure are disgusting" doesn't deserve to be allowed near them.

3. Whether you pee in front of your husband is your business, and I'm still going to think you're a disgrace to your gender, no matter how "classy" you think you are.

I'm sorry, when I said the words "it's called being a lady" I didn't realize you weren't one and apparently don't care to be, but your disgusting language and impolite behavior have have let me know quite clearly. Please excuse me. :flowerforyou:
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I don't think men should be subjected to it if they don't want to hear about it. One of the above posters did have a great point though: that the thread itself has TOM in the title and if a man has gone 8 pages in, I guess they wanted to read all that...which begs the question...WHY would they want to read all about some strange women on the internet and their menstrual cycles??? :huh: :laugh:

You just made the point. Any guy who acts offended after even opening this thread deserves no accommodations. He came in of his own free will.
  • MadiRose2
    MadiRose2 Posts: 145
    Options

Why? Oh my god, women like you, and the men for whom you feel sorry, disgust me.

Wow, really? You're going to call me names because I feel bad for men who might have read some of the very picturesque visuals that have been posted in this thread? Yes, my husband knows i have lady parts, but I certainly wouldn't talk to him in some of the words that have been used here about it. I also don't use the restroom in front of him, either. Some things are just better done privately. It's called being a lady. More women should practice it nowadays instead of trying to be men and compete with men all the time.

1. I didn't call you names, unless you're insulted by the word woman?

2. How is speaking freely, in a public forum, with other women, about what it is like day-to-day to be a woman "[competing] with men" or "trying to be men"? I have every right to talk about whatever I damn well please, and any man who finds menstruation disgusting can either suck it up or go to hell. You think I enjoy it? You think I look at my underpants and think "Wow, that just looks AWESOME and not one bit repulsive"? No, I don't, but I'm stuck with it, and any guy who wants the perks of being allowed entry to a vagina should be able to deal with the bad parts. Any guy who scrolls down through this thread and thinks "Wow, these girls sure are disgusting" doesn't deserve to be allowed near them.

3. Whether you pee in front of your husband is your business, and I'm still going to think you're a disgrace to your gender, no matter how "classy" you think you are.

Ouch.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    since we're on the topic of excessive bleeding (well, I am and a few others).... does anyone else get the tissue clot stuff? I mean like huge golf ball size chunks of tissue coming out?? When that happens on a run, it's really..uh...unpleasant to do anything but run to the restroom and get that outta my pants immediately.

Really.

I'm glad OP doesn't have these problems. But I actually do. And it hasn't put me out to take it easy on my first few days of flow and save the serious work outs for when it lightens up a bit.

I got one so big once I thought I was having a miscarriage instead of my period. Im not kidding went to the doctor and everything
  • ishallnotwant
    Options

Wow, really? You're going to post insulting things to me because I feel bad for men who might have read some of the very picturesque visuals that have been posted in this thread? Yes, my husband knows i have lady parts, but I certainly wouldn't talk to him in some of the words that have been used here about it. I also don't use the restroom in front of him, either. Some things are just better done privately. It's called being a lady. More women should practice it nowadays instead of trying to be men and compete with men all the time.

OH HELL NO.

Sorry this thread about WOMEN'S BODIES wasn't ladylike enough for you. Which "words" exactly are you referring to? Vagina? Uterus? Blood clots? Because guess what.... those are REAL THINGS that women have, and it's nothing to be ashamed of or grossed out by. It's bad enough that we have to deal with this *kitten* every month, but on top of that people like you tell us we can't even blow off a little steam about it because we might offend men's gentle sensitivities.

I'm not disgusted by you, but I feel sorry for you. I'm sorry that society has taught you that your body is something to be ashamed of. I'm sorry you feel that some parts of being a woman are so disgusting that we need to just keep our mouths shut about it. I'm sorry that you can't whine about these things to your husband! When I'm on TOM my boyfriend asks how I'm feeling and if he can get me anything. And if he ever acted grossed out by it, you better be sure we'd be over. I deserve someone who loves me no matter what my body does, and whether I decide to talk about it or not. And so do you.

There is nothing wrong with what is being discussed in this thread, nothing at all. Again, I think it's incredibly sad that people like you think there is. Please learn to love yourself, your body, and your gender.

I'm not ashamed of my body, and my husband probably knows more than many husbands do about their wives' cycles, because I have had health problems caused by my own cycle. I do still feel that us women should at least attempt to keep some things classy. Some of you ladies really flip out over nothing on here anymore. It's ridiculous.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    me, i love working out when i have my period. it makes the blood squirt out.

oooooh. squats and deadlifts! *squirt*

Ooooh! Treadmill! *squirt! squirt! squirt!*

Gross? Yeah, well not everyone is the same. I bleed like i been shot and tampons are useless. Ever try running with a maxipad? Can you say RASH?!?!?

hahaha. Yeah. I don't particularly care what anyone else thinks, but I thought I'd share for those who might be pursuaded to agree with OP.... some of us don't work out when we are bleeding to keep the gym from turning into a biohazard zone.

This was the visual I got from this post.

shiningbloodgif.gif
  • snkoyle15
    snkoyle15 Posts: 102
    Options
    Exercise actually helps with cramps and the feeling you have during TOM...some ladies are just wimpy.

um im sorry, but im one that exercising does NOT help with cramping in any way! in fact, most of the time it makes them worse! and i can bleed really heavily so forgive me if i dont feel like even going out for a walk because i want to stay near my bathroom for fear Old Faithful will start gushing every 10 minutes. and to the lady that said birth control doesnt make you to gain weight. um thats a bunch of bull ****. that is a VERY common side effect of bc, some women's bodies dont handle the hormones the same as others. especially if you have PCOS (like me). i took the mini pill for 6 WEEKS and gained 25lbs and the ONLY thing that changed was me taking those stupid pills. and immediately after i stopped taking them, the weight stopped packing on.
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I really love that I have an IUD and I haven't had my monthly in over 5 years.

^^^ This for me too!
  • shoobz
    shoobz Posts: 119
    Options
    I'm sorry, when I said the words "it's called being a lady" I didn't realize you weren't one and apparently don't care to be, but your disgusting language and impolite behavior have have let me know quite clearly. Please excuse me. :flowerforyou:

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that I was speaking with the High Authority on Being A Lady. Nor did I realise that Being A Lady was a prerequisite for frequenting fora. Nor did I realise that using words like vagina precluded Being A Lady. All of these things that I'm learning! So I suppose I'll just go put on my apron and bake my man some cookies for when he gets back from the office? Or maybe you know of some children who need looking after? I don't have any of my own, because I don't conform to your 1950s ideal of Being A Lady, but you betcha once Mr. Husband is finished doing manly things, we'll get right on that.

Anything else you think I should be doing with my life? Maybe cleaning something? I have a fair bit of education, so I might have to bang my head off some walls to get myself to the correct standard, but I wouldn't worry - after reading your comments, banging my head off things is ALL I want to do.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't normally answer this kind of thread. However, I literally just had a good friend use the excuse of her period to NOT join girls' night....again...for the third time... SO ANNOYING!

On the other hand, it is these whiny women who have ruined it for the women that do suffer from really bad periods... There ARE lots of women out there that do suffer from really bad symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, fainting, severe exhaustion, etc. My cousin was hospitalized a few times because of hers... These women do have a good excuse....

I myself suffer from migraines during that particular time of the month....but when women constantly use their 'cramps' as an excuse to be lazy it drives me crazy.

If only they knew that working out actually helps!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Exercise actually helps with cramps and the feeling you have during TOM...some ladies are just wimpy.

Wimpy?

Do you workout when you're in the bathroom with it shooting out both ends?

I sure as hell don't
  • ishallnotwant
    Options

I have a fair bit of education, so I might have to bang my head off some walls to get myself to the correct standard, but I wouldn't worry - after reading your comments, banging my head off things is ALL I want to do.

By all means, please do. I'm sure you would be doing the world a favor. Have a good day. :flowerforyou:
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    Why would you be so judgey about someone else's pain tolerance?

^^ this. And I AM someone who works out during TOM, but why do you care about other people. And before you say "why do you care to respond?" Well.... you posted a topic seeking out responses, so here you go!

Live and let live

Best advice to live by. :)
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I totally agree.

At most, I'll take a single day during TOM - and that's only when I'm doubled over in pain and can't get out of bed. Exercise helps. People have been having their period for centuries without stopping their daily life because their dainty little bodies couldn't handle it.
  • bumbledust
    bumbledust Posts: 22
    Options
    I am glad, OP, that you do not truly suffer as some do. Some people get such severe pain, nausea, and other symptoms that they are completely debilitated until it is over -- every single month.

This doesn't just impact how much they exercise. It keeps them from going to work (sometimes from holding a stable job). It makes them unable to eat or sleep. It affects their family life, their marriages, every aspect of their lives. And I am -quite- certain they would gladly trade that for whatever cramping you have.

Do not judge based on what you experience. There are a great many people out there who have situations entirely different from your own. Be thankful you are able to function normally.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Wimpy?
    Do you workout when you're in the bathroom with it shooting out both ends?
    I sure as hell don't
    This is so full of sex appeal :love:

Not to make light of what you go through :) Some humour is needed in here though. I think the OP is just naive and didn't really intend to be so *****y.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options

Wow, really? You're going to post insulting things to me because I feel bad for men who might have read some of the very picturesque visuals that have been posted in this thread? Yes, my husband knows i have lady parts, but I certainly wouldn't talk to him in some of the words that have been used here about it. I also don't use the restroom in front of him, either. Some things are just better done privately. It's called being a lady. More women should practice it nowadays instead of trying to be men and compete with men all the time.

OH HELL NO.

Sorry this thread about WOMEN'S BODIES wasn't ladylike enough for you. Which "words" exactly are you referring to? Vagina? Uterus? Blood clots? Because guess what.... those are REAL THINGS that women have, and it's nothing to be ashamed of or grossed out by. It's bad enough that we have to deal with this *kitten* every month, but on top of that people like you tell us we can't even blow off a little steam about it because we might offend men's gentle sensitivities.

I'm not disgusted by you, but I feel sorry for you. I'm sorry that society has taught you that your body is something to be ashamed of. I'm sorry you feel that some parts of being a woman are so disgusting that we need to just keep our mouths shut about it. I'm sorry that you can't whine about these things to your husband! When I'm on TOM my boyfriend asks how I'm feeling and if he can get me anything. And if he ever acted grossed out by it, you better be sure we'd be over. I deserve someone who loves me no matter what my body does, and whether I decide to talk about it or not. And so do you.

There is nothing wrong with what is being discussed in this thread, nothing at all. Again, I think it's incredibly sad that people like you think there is. Please learn to love yourself, your body, and your gender.

I'm not ashamed of my body, and my husband probably knows more than many husbands do about their wives' cycles, because I have had health problems caused by my own cycle. I do still feel that us women should at least attempt to keep some things classy. Some of you ladies really flip out over nothing on here anymore. It's ridiculous.

Your original comment about feeling sorry for men who stumble across this thread was meant to be a light-hearted comment (my hubby, for one, would be grossed out lol). I don't know why people get so worked up over stuff! Most guys I know get grossed out by the thought of blood gushing out of a vagina. Doesn't make them wimps. Heck I hate the thought of blood gushing out of it too!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

I have a fair bit of education, so I might have to bang my head off some walls to get myself to the correct standard, but I wouldn't worry - after reading your comments, banging my head off things is ALL I want to do.

By all means, please do. I'm sure you would be doing the world a favor. Have a good day. :flowerforyou:

Pfft, yeah, because saying THAT was lady-like...
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that I was speaking with the High Authority on Being A Lady. Nor did I realise that Being A Lady was a prerequisite for frequenting fora. Nor did I realise that using words like vagina precluded Being A Lady. All of these things that I'm learning! So I suppose I'll just go put on my apron and bake my man some cookies for when he gets back from the office? Or maybe you know of some children who need looking after? I don't have any of my own, because I don't conform to your 1950s ideal of Being A Lady, but you betcha once Mr. Husband is finished doing manly things, we'll get right on that.

Anything else you think I should be doing with my life? Maybe cleaning something? I have a fair bit of education, so I might have to bang my head off some walls to get myself to the correct standard, but I wouldn't worry - after reading your comments, banging my head off things is ALL I want to do.

You are to feminism what bible thumping idiots are to the republican party.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    Maybe we should all take this.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/10234
This discussion has been closed.