I LOVE YOU

Options

Replies

• bringit30
    bringit30 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yep, always, even if we are at work. And, he always kisses me goodbye before he goes to work at 4:15 AM! Married 7 years, together for 11 and still love him as much as I did then :blushing:
  • Stinaa91
    Stinaa91 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    mosly everytime.. unless we are annoyed with each other at the moment. But i try to say I love you as often as I can, even though he already knows I love him, and vise versa.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    yes. we say it to each other all the time. I also say I love you to my mom, dad and sis when i hang up the phone with them. There can never me too many I love you's.
  • sukuna
    sukuna Posts: 13
    Options
    We tell each other "I love you" quite often, in phone calls, when he leaves for work, night and through out the day. I especially make sure to say it even when we are fuming mad at each other. Life is short and unpredictable, I want him to always know that I love him.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Every single time, and have done for the past 12 years. Every email too. You never know when you're not going to get the chance to say it again.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    Every time he leaves for work in the morning I get a goodbye kiss and an I love you, I respond when I'm coherent enough.

He always texts me when he gets to work with a "good morning baby, I love you".

When we're cuddling I always get a kiss on the forehead and an I love you.

And of course if we actually talk on the phone we say our I love yous when we say goodbye.
  • brianblinn
    brianblinn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yes, we do. The way I see it, any time could be the last time I talk with him.

My wife & I do the same thing. EVERY time. Even occasionally through texts. I don't want her to ever wonder after something happened to me if I loved her. :heart:
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Every single time. Even if he's getting ready to pull into our drive way and we're on the phone. We always say I love you on the phone as well as every morning before work and every night before bed and times through out the day as well as well as in text messeges. Can't ever say it enough or hear it enough. You never ever know when the last time will be the last time.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Not anymore. It became something that was automatic. Now we text each other through the day or call "just to say I love you" when we FEEL it and are thinking of the other person

Edited to say: That we always say I love you and kiss before leaving each other
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    No. In the beginning when I fell in love with him we did. But now not so much and lately I haven't felt like I mean it when I say it, but that's another story.
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Do you tell your spouse "I love you" every time you hang up the phone with him/her?

Yes, and then some ... You never know when God will call you home, so I always want my sweetheart to know just how much I love her. It's just how we are.
  • melb2003
    melb2003 Posts: 198
    Options
    Yes we do, everytime. I have to say I love you to my mom, dad and husband everytime I get off the phone or leave them. When I sit down and think about it, it would tear me apart if I didn't say it and that was the last time I talked to one of them.
  • texastango
    texastango Posts: 309
    Options
    Ya know, it is Friday - well, at least here - and when someone asks a question like this it's easy to just respond. After all, they are just asking our opinion, and most of us are happy to supply one when we feel strongly about something, and who doesn't feel strongly - good or bad or indifferent - about relationships.

For me, however, this question raises another question. Why did you ask?

Normally when we ask opinions of other people we either want confirmation that our ideas are right or we want input because we really don't know what's right or we feel lost about something and need ideas and direction.

So I'm just curious what the reason was here? Just to start a forum for people to vent or was there some other significance to asking?

I believe that most successful couples find a way to communicate their feelings to each other. In addition to communication, relationships require frequent attention (watering), mutual respect and admiration. Without them, the partnership suffers and you're left with two individuals that have some commonality - whether it be children, property, or something else.

Couples find a common way to maintain the communication, respect, and attention they each desire and require. It doesn't matter if it's frequent "I love you", naughty texts, suggestive ideas or photos, or intellectual quips about our government or it's leader. What's important is that we nurture what our partners need and that they do the same in return.

For all of you on this "Holiday" Weekend - G-d Bless, Enjoy, and say whatever you feel worthy.....but most of all care for each other and have a very satisfying weekend.

Lose it all, lose it here. MFP ROCKS.

I was "quiet" all week....had to get on my soap box on a Friday! Just couldn't leave the computer alone! LOL

8443442.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AmadaLynn
    AmadaLynn Posts: 116
    Options
    Instead, I prefer to overload her phone with dirty text messages at various inconvenient times.

This is pretty much what we practice. Although he says "I love you" WAY more than I do.

But I just did not grow up in a house where it was said all that often.

I do however tell my kids as much as possible every single day. On average at least 10 times to them each.
  • Allihexen
    Allihexen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    We aren't married yet, but yes, we always do, especially if one of us is going somewhere. I guess there's a secret side to me that's worried it could be the last time.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    We do. When he left for work and I was upset with him he would always tell me he loves me before leaving. He would text me "I love you" 3 or 4 times a day when he got the chance at work. When we are home together we don't say it all the time.
  • hutchy90
    hutchy90 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Most of the time we do, can't remember the last time we didn't. I also say it every time I end a conversation with my parents or grandfather.

Same ^^.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Every time. Sometimes even during the conversation.. Yes we're very lovey dovey :p (but only in private).
    Same with family though, like some other people said, could be the last time you talk to them (god forbid).
  • crickysue
    crickysue Posts: 67
    Options
    Always, we even hold hands in the car. Always have.
  • sjflowers
    sjflowers Posts: 148
    Options
    yes, and on email. :)