OMG this model has the most perfect bod!

Options

Replies

• tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

I look at that image and understand that no one looks like that, not even those models. I understand the power of makeup, photography, lighting and photoshop. That's not a knee-jerk reaction or jealousy, that's "real" life. Professional images are retouched, often to unrealistic proportions.

I understand what you are saying but unfortunately a lot of young women (and older women) don't make the distinction. I think that is where the outrage comes in. Setting up unrealistic expectations women put on themselves. People see these images and think their body is wrong for not being smooth and dimple free, when the models aren't even that smooth.

I feel just as sorry for the models because it is almost saying "the true image of you is not good enough". I bet they deal with the same self esteem issues we do because of this unrealistic image we are seeing every day.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    she is not chubby at all! I would bend her over a barrel and show her the 50 states
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    MY NEW INSPIRATION = Model Kate Upton !!!! Cant believe the media is calling her FAT! And saying horrible things about her, shes sooooooo beautiful!

upton.jpg

A long way from perfect by my standards. :) Look at the upper thighs and the belly area. Nope. She could be a LOT more toned before she had to worry about looking "skinny".
  • satououji
    satououji Posts: 2
    Options
    Is it weird that i just want her swimsuit?

Yeah, she's gorge and i want my boobs to look that fantabulous in a bikini but look at the BIKINI!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    i think she's beautiful! i would like to have a body similar, but not exactly like hers. :) i'm aiming for a little more muscle definition, but she is gorgeous and has nice curves. :)
  • CarrieQuiteContrary
    CarrieQuiteContrary Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I don't find her attractive but I think she has a smokin' body. Not fat by any account. Just absurd.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    MAYBE SO, BUT THISE BOOBS AREN''T FROM GOD!!!!
  • jbdaddy1920
    Options
    If anyone thinks that is fat, there is something wrong with them. Her body is amazing. She has curves in all the right places. Curvy is so much better than skin and bones!!!! It is my opinion I know, but the musclar look on women is not that attractive either. Stop thinking too much ladies, men I am friends with love the curves.
  • _KatieKat
    _KatieKat Posts: 224
    Options
    She is beautiful but in all honesty she is a little bit chubby (not fat but definitely a little overweight). That doesn't detract from her beauty though. :)

Your perception is off. She's not chubby at all. Certainly not overweight in the slightest.

Her perception is NOT off, eveyone has their own likes and tastes and opinions. Some think shes chubby some don;t. There is no right or wrong ,just personal opinion.
  • Catiec76
    Catiec76 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My goal is to also have a body just like her. I would have to have implants for the boobs though. Not something that I would do. I already have the curves just need to tone. Absolutely gorgeous!
  • CarrieQuiteContrary
    CarrieQuiteContrary Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Women have been screwed over mentally, first the ideal was to make you WANT to look like that.

I guess I'm not mentally screwed over, because I don't look at this image and want to look like them.

victoria-secret-model.jpg

I look at that image and understand that no one looks like that, not even those models. I understand the power of makeup, photography, lighting and photoshop. That's not a knee-jerk reaction or jealousy, that's "real" life. Professional images are retouched, often to unrealistic proportions.

britney-spears-before-after-candies-photoshop1.jpg

medium_d3da9c8238467d0ca663a2c67ba4ec89.jpg

real-versus-photoshopped-jessica-alba-2.jpg

real-versus-photoshopped-jessica-alba1.jpg

Do I have to go on?

I'm a photographer/photog resource creator and I wish more people would realize that this is the **** that makes them look GOOD! Most people are not even close to being perfect, even most models. come the freak on. It's just about making ourselves look better. With Britney and whatsherface Jessica Alba, it's just stupid that they made them even smaller when they are great the size they are naturally. geeesh.
  • Lando_pr
    Lando_pr Posts: 36
    Options
    She's not fat. She's fat for a model though. That's all. Case closed.
  • denmark979
    denmark979 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    She needs toning. You can be little but over fat.
  • jtshere
    jtshere Posts: 2
    Options
    All in the eye of the beholder! Yes, back in the 50s and before that, women were more curvy and looked like this model....so nothing unusual..she's just "normal." I'm sure society will start moving towards this figure in the future...you can only hold onto skin and bones for sooo long before women get tired of having to meet "THAT" standard...and Men probably would rather a more curvy woman.......but maybe they don't? Who knows...and who really cares what they like!!!! :wink:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    She is beautiful but in all honesty she is a little bit chubby (not fat but definitely a little overweight). That doesn't detract from her beauty though. :)

She is deff NOT overweight. She has meat on her bones.. which makes her healthy.

She's a good example of what a healthy person (who isn't looking for a more muscular body) could aim for.

so, because a person has less meat on their bones, i.e. less body fat, that makes them UNhealthy? Um, no.
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    MY NEW INSPIRATION = Model Kate Upton !!!! Cant believe the media is calling her FAT! And saying horrible things about her, shes sooooooo beautiful!

upton.jpg

MEDIA IS DUMB STUPID AND IDIOTIC...THIS IS WHAT A REAL WOMAN LOOKS LIKE....CURVACEOUS AND SEXY....GET IT KATE
  • jtshere
    jtshere Posts: 2
    Options
    :smile:
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    The body you have is the perfect body for you. It is up to you how you take care of it. Obviously I have not been doing a good job taking care of mine but I am trying to change that. Looking at other people and wishing I looked like them only discourages me. I am never going to look like someone else. I will always be me. Even if I lose the extra 86lbs I have left to go I will still only look like me. I am a one of kind creature created by my heavenly Father to be me. Ladies especially we need to learn to not compare ourselves to each other. We need to love one another not critique each others bodies. We all have faults and we all have strengths. What not choose to be an encouragement?
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I saw that!!! Half the women in the country would give their eye teeth for a figure like that!!!!
  • EliseVanca
    EliseVanca Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Why aren't all models like this?? :noway: