Overnight Oats...why didn't I do this sooner?!

Options

Replies

• chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    Crowdie YUM!
  • aussiegirl1990
    aussiegirl1990 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm going to try this out when I get paid! They all sound amazing!
  • kcrozell
    kcrozell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Bump - these sound so good, and I'm getting so bored with my breakfasts.
  • JKellyMA
    JKellyMA Posts: 16
    Options
    tx!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jaxCarrie
    jaxCarrie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JESSJESJ
    JESSJESJ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    could some one tell me what the texture of overnight oatmeal is - soft like regular oatmeal, or a llittle crunchier like granola. i'm not a fan of cooked oatmeal (weird thing I know) but if it was a crunchier texture I;d try it.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    can I just mention how much I'm really really hating people who post recipes without basic calorie content at the end? For me it makes me ignore potentially good ideas I might embrace. sorry..
  • erinleigh76
    Options
    will need to look this over later :)
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Bumpin this
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    can I just mention how much I'm really really hating people who post recipes without basic calorie content at the end? For me it makes me ignore potentially good ideas I might embrace. sorry..

Apology not accepted. You're on a website that orbits around a calorie counter - go count them yourself and help out some other people.
  • MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Do you cook the oats first?
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • quixoteQ
    Options

Do not cook - use old fashioned uncooked oats, chill overnight in the fridge, eat cold.
  • MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Options

Do not cook - use old fashioned uncooked oats, chill overnight in the fridge, eat cold.

YUM! Thanks! :)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

Apology not accepted. You're on a website that orbits around a calorie counter - go count them yourself and help out some other people.

no *kitten*, right?
    It's called: Go in the kitchen and look at what a serving of oats in your brand is, then look at what a serving of the greek yogurt you have is, then think of whatever else you want to mix in, and add that....

I actually DISlike when people go by other people's calorie counts. I don't want to see "Maple Walnut Overnight Oats" in the database, because who knows what brand of yogurt they used, or how much walnuts, etc.....

Enter the ingredients as you would eat them into your diary, then if you DON'T like the way it looks, DON'T make it, just delete it! Simple.

I'm really really hating people who hate people for stupid reasons....
  • Kadidio
    Kadidio Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    could some one tell me what the texture of overnight oatmeal is - soft like regular oatmeal, or a llittle crunchier like granola. i'm not a fan of cooked oatmeal (weird thing I know) but if it was a crunchier texture I;d try it.

It's not crunchy, more chewy than anything. I don't like soggy anything but I do like Overnight Oats. You may want to try tossing some granola on top for crunch.
  • quixoteQ
    Options

YUM! Thanks! :)

No worries - I have been eating some variation of these now for about a month of breakfasts. On days when I run out of ingredients, I go through a process of grieving until I right the situation with a trip to the grocery. Once you find an O.O. recipe that suits your taste and caloric needs, you'll never go back.
  • Anu_mee13
    Anu_mee13 Posts: 73
    Options
    bump