Can we discuss public restroom etiquitte???

Options

Replies

• ethansmug
    ethansmug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The worst thing I ever saw, and it was at work which made it worse.

One of my clients needed to use the restroom so of course I let her, she was in there for more than a few minutes so I knew what was going on. I needed to pee but I waited for about twenty minutes so that the smell wouldn't be so bad.

Well when I went into the bathroom the only smell was some type of Glade we had in there....BUT wiggling on the toilet seat was a MotherF'in maggot.

I went and pee'd outside.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    There is a woman that I work with occasionally that has such drama in her life that she.. on purpose.. goes to the bathroom (which has two stalls, a shower and a bench) to discuss her issues about her boyfriend. She sits on the bench, talks on the phone and glares at whomever comes in to use the facilities. IT IS A BATHROOM! Do not glare at me because I have to pee, I drink tons of water during the day so I have to pee often! I do not want to hear about your problems and I'm sure the person you are talking to doesn't want to hear the toilet flush. Ug! It drives me insane! There is a lunch room that isn't very busy that she could use, or she could go outside. So rude!

Next time I will flush a couple extra times like someone previous mentioned.
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options

One of my clients needed to use the restroom so of course I let her, she was in there for more than a few minutes so I knew what was going on. I needed to pee but I waited for about twenty minutes so that the smell wouldn't be so bad.

Well when I went into the bathroom the only smell was some type of Glade we had in there....BUT wiggling on the toilet seat was a MotherF'in maggot.

^^Winner! :sick:

ETA: Aaaannnd I don't think it was a "maggot", my friend.
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    When someone decides to talk to you for 20 minutes in the bathroom?!

I hate going in there because everyone expects you to talk o.O

But I do think it's creepy when you walk in and someone is doing #2 and they just sit there, making NO sound, until you leave. You know they are listening to you.

And jeez women, do you NOT see the gallons of pee on the seat when you get up?! How do you not notice that, and HOW do you piss all over the seat! We practically have our equipment in the toilet! We're all respectable adults and there are still people and piss on the seat or don't flush. I don't understand! We're geneticists, you should know that you can't catch anything from sitting!
  • ethansmug
    ethansmug Posts: 159 Member
    Options

Oh I am pretty sure it was a maggot, I mean I didn't pick it up and tastes it or anything. But I have seen a few in my days and this definitely looked and moved like one.
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    blood.. ON THE TOILET SEAT... enough said..
  • WillowyKitty
    Options
    OP: AGREE! I hate that. I don’t want to sit close to someone in a cubical or anyone in my bubble. A small wall that close to me is so within the bubble space I want when when am doing my business half naked!

I also think it funny when I go into the bathroom and two or more ladies are playing the wait-till-everyone-leaves- to-crap game! It only lets me know when I see you come out what you were doing. HAHA
    Or the Clear-you-throat so called dropping sound distraction.

Oh and when someone passes gas I have to grab some cleaner from the dispenser by the door and jet out because even at 39 I still crack up! HAHA Classy!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    For example: If there are six stalls, and they're all empty except for the one I'm in...why would you choose the one next to me???

And for the record, this is not a glory hole type sitch.

i know!!!!!! and then yesterday, i walk out of the elevator into the first floor bathroom to take care of some deuce action....and the cleaning lady follows me in. proceeds to do all her cleaning right in front of my stall. of course, i had to poop, so i did while flushing to minimize noise....and then after i'm done, i walk out, and she says in her pidgin english, "so sorrry." yeah, i bet you are. i gave her a look and left.
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Oh I am pretty sure it was a maggot, I mean I didn't pick it up and tastes it or anything. But I have seen a few in my days and this definitely looked and moved like one.

Pretty sure it was just a worm. People get them like animals do. They do look like maggots.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I can't stand it, when someone drops the kids off at the pool, and then doesn't flush. We have someone on our floor at work who does this all the freakin' time. Congrats if it's epic, but we don't all need to see it!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    As for the women who flush tampons down the loo - um....do you not have sanitary bins to put these in? Same goes for towels as well.

We flush tampons. I'm not putting a used one in the trash.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    It's makes it easier for conversation. We'd be yelling otherwise.....:drinker:
  • TallyGal97
    TallyGal97 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Or when your in a stall, and you hear the feet pacing in front of your door. HHHEEELLLOOO!!!! I WAS HERE FIRST!

Lol.

Or when peoples kids that are like 5 or 6 try to climb underneath your stall AND THE MOM SAYS NOTHING!

OMG! This happens to me constantly! Especially the kid invasion. Seriously, why would any mom want their child's hands on that nasty floor? This I do not get!
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I'm there for one reason and one reason only. Take care of business and get out. Do not talk to me unless I am on fire. And never ever, ever take the stall next to me. EVER!!
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Passing gas in a restroom? I was always brought up with "As long as you're in the restroom, fire away, it's only impolite if you're in any other room of the house". No need to even excuse yourself.

That's the difference between mena nd women. Women go to the bathroom to pass gas. Men, the whole world is our stage!
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    This sort of weirds me out, too. Same for people who sit right next to you in a nearly empty movie theater.

OMG yes... last weekend a guy with 5 children about 8 years old sat right behind my fiance and I when the WHOLE theater was open... needless to say we had to move because the kids wouldn't shut up...
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    There is a nurse here where I work that hangs out in the ladies locker room on her off time (waiting for the bus) and everytime people walk in the restroom, she strikes up a conversation with them... me included, only I do not respond once I'm in the stall.
  • gillespie925
    gillespie925 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    OMNgs... the car thing drives me crazy (no pun intended)... my last car wanted dented on both sides... both doors ... and I never hit anyone ... although someone told me it was payback for keying a car that was parked so close to me that I had to get in on the passengers side and climb over the gear shaft ... and trust me I'm not a skinny girl... but I digress ... yeah ... stay away from my stall ... both parking and p--ing!!!!!...Whew that felt good...:laugh:
  • TallyGal97
    TallyGal97 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

0TDso.gif

It takes alot.. But I literally Laughed out loud at this short clip!

Love it!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options

Pretty sure it was just a worm. People get them like animals do. They do look like maggots.

Oh man...I really wish I hadn't visited this forum while I'm having lunch. :sick: