Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Oatmeal is cooking. I decided last night as the pot missed the dishwasher that it needed to be scoured.

We are having a taco truck coming in at work next week as a gift for our hard work, I need to check calendar to see if I havent taken the day off......

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • Annede02
    Annede02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I am a serial starter and back at it again. I love this app and it helped me before. I went from a 219 down to 155 a few years ago and sadly I am again up to 188! I either don't have much motivation to start or keep it going. Once I begin to see and feel results I think I can have a cheat day and slowly start to dwindle until i stop. So now I would like to start again and try to keep going! Looking for more help in the motivational side and feel free to add me and holler at me if you see me slacking I would appreciate it. Thanks
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Annede - welcome we have an Annie on the board - can we call you Annede to stop any confusion? Stop by and post when you can.

oops alarm went off, time to go to work bbl.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Could not pass up a 2 inch by 2 inch piece of chocolate cake today at work.

Might just have oatmeal for dinner, nothing else sounds good.

Will bring Miss T to spend evening with Lana in lounge chairs under Palm Tree - foot massages are on tap.

Wishing all a great night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Annede02- Welcome! I do the exact same thing... just a few short weeks ago, I was 9lbs from goal... then, it all went to heck and I'm back up to 13lbs from goal... and, it doesn't seem to be looking better, any time soon... you have found the perfect place to come for support and encouragement..
    Stop by whenever you want... stay strong!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    What a miserable day... my allergies really, really kicked my butt! It's not bad enough, that I have to get up at the crazy hour of 5:30am... which, wears me out... then, my allergies just would not stop, today...I seriously considered, taking a 2nd pill... but, was afraid, it would make me sick... oh... and, to make the whole thing that much better...TOM stopped by first thing this morning...I did, however, find the motivation to begin Day 1, Week 2 of C25K...I didn't do great... but, I did the best I could and finished... boy....I can only hope, tomorrow goes better...I truly just want to SLEEP!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Sara,
    If you haven't done so already I think we should send out a special team of Cabana Boys to take care of Dawn!

My computer has thrown up, so I will post more tomorrow. My computer has thrown up, so I will post more tomorrow when I can get it straightened out. Using this phone is too difficult.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - thank you! Special team of C Boys sounds like just what I need! You are so thoughtful!
    Computer throwing up... can not possibly be a good thing... hope it keeps things down (in) tomorrow and all is better...

Time to rest... can not go on much longer...
    Have a good night all...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn - herb tea or hot water with honey. Find something to comfort yourself, lotion- hot water bottle/heating pad - just not food.

Lana - had to laugh - computers do have a nasty habit of falling apart so inconveniently - liked your image. Hope you can get things squared away.

Those Cabana Boys were looking for something to do = so thank you Lana for suggesting a care package of Cboys - they are on their way Dawn.

Time for me to wind down - windows open to air out for a little while longer.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Sprinklers outside just went on. Rethink shoe option walking dog.....

Window open and fans on - come hot/polluted days of summer I cant open windows as often, so taking advantage. If it was light out Miss T would be sitting in front of window enjoying breeze -

Question of the Day (QOTD): It is Wednesday - what do you plan to do to stay on course the rest of the week?

Answer of the day (AOTD): Keep walking and staying away from "rewards" of junk food. Will set up herbal tea/ hot water bottle and non food rewards to keep me distracted.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.

• ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Wednesday

Well, my meeting out of town pushed me completely out of being low-carb and SBD Phase 1 for the day yesterday. But today is a new day and I'm back on track!

Welcome Annede! I was also near my goal a couple of years ago and now am about 10 lbs up from my current goal. I've been playing around with the same couple of pounds since Christmas.

AOTD: Plan and pre-track! Get some walking in now that the kids are done with school! Chew lots of gum to keep myself from eating sweets. :)

Sorry for the post-and-dash. Lots to do today at work since I was out yesterday at that meeting. Will lurk from work.

Annie
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.

Welcome Annede. I think you just described me as I do the same thing. Here's to a better try this time.

Dawn: Feel better soon!

Just checked and saw it's only 114 days til my trip to New York. Yay. That was all the motivation I needed today.

I'm written off sick for the week. Some stupid stomach bag. Monday night and most of Tuesday were pretty bad but now I'm better, so I'm thinking of putting the time off work to good use. Got chores to do and some other stuff to take care off.

AOTD: Plan, plan, plan. Work days are easy to handle by now, days off - not so much.

Getting ready for a late lunch now. Pasta and pesto rossi, mmhhh!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Thank you all for good wishes! Today is a little better...I guess, pollen is high and I think the cat dander, is too..hehe

Sara- I have not ever thought of water bottle... eyes are so dry...I wear contacts... so, that makes it worse...I use drops.. but, really hasn't been helping much... I'm wondering, since I've been walking first thing in morning, if that kicks it off and it just gets worse thru the day... all I do know, is it is no fun at all... blah

Annie - Hi! Good to see you!

Back to work...
    Have a great day all
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Half of baked potato in toaster oven, will cook up rest of chili and add a little string cheese.

Lady at work sells bags and lunch bags are an option, not too pricey and it is something nice that is food related. My lunch bag has seen better days.

Dawn - did the Cboys get to you yet?

Looking for comfort before lights out.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - enjoying care package and CBoys, as I type! So helpful!
    Potatoes with chili and cheese sounds yummy!
    I am a bag junkie! I have sooo many... my newest one, is very fitting.. pics of different pups, all dressed up...I love it!

Chicken in oven.. not sure what to have with it...

Check back later...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Hat for Supervisor is done - coworker selling bags is making chemotherapy gifts, so I will make her a couple of hats before Tuesday....

Chicken - rice? vegetables? potatoes? Pasta -gee the possibilities are almost too many. Which was why I froze mine until I had better ideas - chicken salad sandwiches with leftover chicken??
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I forgot until now to check in. Rather busy day here and lots on the do list got done.

AOTD: I ordered my groceries for tomorrow delivery--getting plenty of fresh vegetables, fruits, eggs, and cheeses. Vegetarian friend coming for a quick visit on the weekend.
    It's really true here for me in NC: If it's not in the house I can't eat it !

Lana
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hey Serial Starters! :)

Ah, lazy day. Slept way too long. I wanted to go to the library to write as something I'm working on is due next month. But now it's close to the time when school kids hit the library and that just won't work. Gonna go to bed earlier today and set an alarm for tomorrow.

Decided to have more sweet potato mash and veggie schnitzel for dinner today. Mmmhh...

Sara - I think I'd go with rice. Also really love broccoli with my chicken. Always depends on how it's made, though. Some spicy chicken can be really good with (sweet) potatoes. Or chop it up and make a lovely Thai curry bowl out of it. Chicken salad sounds really, really good right now, though.

Lana - I wish ordering groceries was an option for me. It'd make it so much easier for me if I didn't get sidetracked by stuff looking so yummy in the store.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Iamunicoon (kathy?) - veggie schnitzel? what vegetable? - eggplant?

Hand is little upset with change in air pressure, may not crank out hats for coworker - but did order a new lunch bag - price of our company's bags is highway robbery and their new model is more cute than functional.

Hope to remember to put out boxes for the delivery of fruit/veg overnight - last month they put at manager's place and I didnt get it for 3 days..... but then I forgot and didnt put note on calendar. We shall see how alert I am after work.

Lana - good for you for ordering your groceries- one less hassle and more energy to do other things.

Dawn - now we want to know what you had with your chicken.....

Oatmeal is done and I must go. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning All~~

Hi Sara, Hi Kathy~~
    Grocery delivery is a must because I have no car here in NC; the shopping/delivery charge is a hefty $20 plus I tip the guy, but doing this once a week is way cheaper than renting a car for the two weeks.

Waves to Dawn and Annie~~

BBL,
    Lana

*tossing bag and hat onto favorite lounge chair for later*