Options

Replies

• jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Bump.
    How we doing?

I'm pretty much dying all the time. I have a nice chest cut coming in- but ugh- the waist- still fluffy. more cardio.

After my initial 3kg/6.6lbs loss of the holiday fluff from the states, the weight is slow to fall off in advance of my trip to Italy this 2 day weeks but I don't mind as I don't have that much to lose. Recorded a 0.5kg/1.1lbs loss for the last week so to allow me some wiggle room for the upcoming trip for all the pizza, gelato, etc in Italy, I've reduced my calories by 250 down to 2600 today and most of that is coming from carbs. Going to keep protein consistent at in or around 150 grams daily.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Bump.
    How we doing?

I'm pretty much dying all the time. I have a nice chest cut coming in- but ugh- the waist- still fluffy. more cardio.

After my initial 3kg/6.6lbs loss of the holiday fluff from the states, the weight is slow to fall off in advance of my trip to Italy this 2 day weeks but I don't mind as I don't have that much to lose. Recorded a 0.5kg/1.1lbs loss for the last week so to allow me some wiggle room for the upcoming trip for all the pizza, gelato, etc in Italy, I've reduced my calories by 250 down to 2600 today and most of that is coming from carbs. Going to keep protein consistent at in or around 150 grams daily.

You said the magic word lol ..... PIZZA!!!!

I sure did. Eat it all today @filbo132 :smile:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    We ate all the sushi's yesterday- it was amazing.
    Pretty sure I went over in sodium/calories- but whatever. I spent like 5 hours at the gym on Saturday- and I have no regrets about this weekend.

Cardio is coming along- feeling better- looking better- weight is still moving slow- but lifts are all okay assuming I get my meal timing correct. That has become far more important to me than it ever has. ugh- the disadvantages of not being 20 years old and being able to gut through whatever I can. womp womp. lift smarter- not harder and all.

I have a new cardio buddy- we are both getting lean so it's nice we get on the stairmaster and *kitten* about life together- and it's awesome because we can usually make 30-40 min with each other there- we'd both be doing it anyway- but probably for not as long- and it's just better. So that's awesome.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Hit a 4 year low of 219lbs yesterday. Encroaching on 10% bf and starting to look half decent without clothes. However I'm well into DYEL status with a shirt. The mind games are strong when dieting.

UD2.0 has been by far the most successful programme/diet that I've ever run. I wasn't mentally prepared for how savage depletion workouts and a tension workout after 5 days of low calories would be.

DYEL?
  • leajas1
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm into my second cycle of ELEL. My two weeks of EMEM were glorious. I'm down 15.2 lbs. After I lose 5 more, I'll reassess. It's all going to depend on on where those 5 lbs come off of. Probably not where I need them to. Ho hum.

ETA: I'm right at that place where then general population would be really happy, but I'm not quite at the point where all the hard work I've done is showing. You know?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Ramping up the volume on 5/3/1 again, via more Joker Sets and supplemental/accessory lifts. Since implementation of more recovery methods and my lifting day surplus, I barely even feel like I am training anymore.

I am halfway tempted to run a 1RM test 7th Week Protocol and adjust my TMs as needed. As expected, my squat and deadlift are far outstripping the pacing for my December goals, and bench is about in line. I have no intention of holding back year one progression; there's plenty of time for that *kitten* once I am more intermediate in training age.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »
    Hit a 4 year low of 219lbs yesterday. Encroaching on 10% bf and starting to look half decent without clothes. However I'm well into DYEL status with a shirt. The mind games are strong when dieting.

UD2.0 has been by far the most successful programme/diet that I've ever run. I wasn't mentally prepared for how savage depletion workouts and a tension workout after 5 days of low calories would be.

DYEL?

Do You Even Lift

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Nothing exciting to report. Cut officially started this week. Huge water weight drop. Now we keep going and wait... (Zzzzz)
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I mentioned my schedule has shifted- it's hard. But the nice thing is it's freed up my Tuesday entirely- and no husband.
    So I'm able to go lift fully on Tuesday without rushing- so Monday between 5:15ish and 6:45 is now free time- and I have a cardio buddy- so we go on Monday's to cardio- which is awesome. and then lift on Tuesday.
    But UGH- so hungry this morning.
    I did 50 min on the stair master yesterday- wasn't the plan- but we got to talking- and there we were- almost an hour in.

OperationLeanAF is in full swing.
    Need to do progress pictures this weekend I think. starting to get some lines in places I haven't seen- but still feeling like I'm the fat kid with my shirt off. blarg.
  • leajas1
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »

DYEL?

Do You Even Lift

duh!
  • leajas1
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Nothing exciting to report. Cut officially started this week. Huge water weight drop. Now we keep going and wait... (Zzzzz)

Slow and steady, just like your bulk. You're good at that - no problem!!
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I also need to get some pics taken! I end up drinking Friday night or have a heavy calorie day (or both!) and feel pretty bloated Sat/Sun morning (when the hubby is available to take pics).

I am going to start TLS on Sunday. I am having a mess around week. One day I just kept adding plates to the bar, lifting once and seeing how high I could go comfortably. That turned out to be a lot of fun! Today...I did a high rep/lower weight day (20% off last recorder weight I did 12 reps of). I tried to see if I could do 20 reps. THAT SUCKED SO MUCH!

I am having a little trouble flipping the switch in my head for shopping. I keep buying cutting food. My freezer is full low calorie options. I was supposed to get some Talenti but I saw this at Costco and bought a bunch without thinking:

7y0tp9kq47zd.jpg
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    So I am on vacation this week and pretty much have eaten pizza and ice cream daily.. so id say its been good.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I thought my bulk went ok, gained only 4 lbs, but all my pants were tight/t shirts getting tight across shoulders. Then, I lost about 2 lbs and got out my summer shorts, they fit. My pants that I always wear are tight, but shorts that were put away all year fit? I guess I only "bulked" 2lbs. Maybe only thighs and chest/shoulders broadened a little. My bench, ohp, squat, and deadlifts all improved.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    uuughhh

I had a rough mental day yesterday- work has been much harder.
    The gym has been difficult. I'm dealing with nagging injuries I don't know how I'm getting (not surprised with the decrease in food)- and I jumped on the scale after being at the gym for 3 hours- 182 pounds.

What the *kitten* body- what the *kitten*. I'm NOT happy. I get that its' end of the day- and I will be high- but come on man- that's too high. So- I'm debating dropping calories some more- but at 2000 and 2 hrs of cardio a week plus 6ish hours of lifting and struggling weigh weights AND ghost pains that isn't my first choice.

I'm cutting my fat down a bit- I think I'm going to aim for like 50-60 grams of fat. Usually low carb works for me- but the high fat It think isn't helping. so more protein. and we'll see where the rest shakes out.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    but- my pants were on fu*king fire yesterday.
    so there is that.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    So I am on vacation this week and pretty much have eaten pizza and ice cream daily.. so id say its been good.

Italy perchance?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

Italy perchance?

Nope. In laws at the beach. Good none the less.