Daily Gratitudes and Accomplishments

Replies

• gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,689 Member
    68myra wrote: »
    68myra, give me the link. Blue today. Today I am thankful that the parking lot repairs are proceeding, slowly but surely. Also grateful that I finally got paid for work done.

Hiya, Gayle. I found the mentioned thread under "message boards: general diet and weight loss help". I was told by my physical therapist to stop exercising (i can walk), and in the past, EVERY time i've done that my depression has increased dramatically..... so i believe i did a search on exercise and depression and ended up here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10058170/depression-and-weight-loss#latest

Myra, thanks for the link! I ordered a suggested book The Mindful Way Through Depression I found on that message board.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    What a great thread! i am grateful for my wonderful students, being their teacher inspires me and supports my family. I am grateful i am making healthier choices with diet, exercise and the chancw to improve my health, thank you Gayle for ths thread! Karen from ny
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    no problem, Gayle. I was tempted to look for that book too, but it will have to wait for now. I hope you find it helpful!
    Today, I am grateful for my good friend Cindy, even though she makes the most irresistible peanut butter cookies :)
  • gaylebodine
    Today I'm grateful for this thread and the people that participate in it! Also grateful for a great women's art journaling group today.
  • 68myra
    yesterday, i was so very grateful a dear friend loaned me FIVE dvd's after discovering my younger children had just seen "star wars" for the very first time! I do believe she is trying to give us an education before some new movie comes out later this year, LOL :)

Today, I am grateful there is an OTC i can take for this headache i woke up with. too many movies yesterday, perhaps? :wink:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    that it's monday and i have a job to go to
    and part of my job is to help other people find a job at the office too
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    Grateful for the roof over our head, a warm home to call our own and food in our bellies. Things I take for granted every single day! Today, I am just grateful.
  • 68myra
    today i am grateful for technology, and that i can afford to use it.
  • gaylebodine
    Today I'm grateful that my son was with me to try to solve the problem and laugh when we got locked out of the car.
  • 68myra
    laughter is the best medicine
    i'm grateful for the belly laugh one of my daughters gave me tuesday morning :)
  • gaylebodine
    Today I am grateful for the end of a school term and finding two jobs I wanted to apply for. Also that the sun came out after a couple of overcast days.
  • 68myra
    today, i am grateful for sleep. just being able to sleep.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Today I am grateful for another good book from Sue Grafton (only two more letters left in her alphabet).

Yes. I saw she is at X!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I am grateful to accept myself where I am without judgment.
  • gaylebodine
    Today I am grateful that my son got his driver's license.

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Today I am grateful that I was able to really screw up on my calorie goals yesterday and, because of what I learned on MFP, I came back today strong and sure. I met all of my goals today and I can't wait for tomorrow.
  • 68myra
    Today I am grateful for a happy couple, getting married tomorrow!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    I'm thankful today for my friend, David's, successful heart surgery. He is safely back in his own home today and quickly recovering.

I am also grateful for my husband unfailing supprt of the changes I have made in my (our) lifestyle as I continue toward a healthier me.
  • dawnlira587
    dawnlira587 Posts: 7 Member
    Today im grateful for my new job, my son, and a roof over my head.
  • dawnlira587
    dawnlira587 Posts: 7 Member
    Today I'm grateful that my transmission is acting the way it should after being worried about it. I'll have it looked at later in the month when I have a little more money. I'm grateful for chicken soup, a warm home, extra blankets on the beds now that it is getting colder. And, as Tracy says, friends that that sometimes even appreciate the way my weird mind works.

Today I made progress with an art series I'm working on (ideas and directions), started this thread, did some errands, made a to do list for this week and got organized a bit for classes that will start this week and soon. Stayed in calories despite a pumpkin muffin top (I ate one, not the one sticking over my waistband).
    asia1967 wrote: »
    Today I am grateful that I have friends that I can lean on in difficult times. That don't judge me for my crazy thoughts and weird ideas. lol
    That I have friends and family that love me for who I am.
    <3

I like the winter, extra blankets, and chicken soup. Nice post.