You're about to buy a doughnut .......................

Options

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I really thought there would be more donut pictures on this thread by now. sigh
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    ElliottTN wrote: »
    I don't buy the doughnut. I get a whole dozen of the munchkins instead, sit in a dark corner and throw things at people who want me to share.

This, definitely this

Ooooorrrrr. I look at the calories. I decide based on what I have eaten/am going to eat can I fit this in. If I have had my daily treat, ie chocolate or whatever I dont. If I havent I consider it and just work my *kitten* off at the gym later
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    If I really want it I just eat it. I just don't do it often. If I get a craving for something sometimes though, I tend to think about how hard I worked to get off the weight I have lost already and I don't want to have to work that hard to lose that same weight over again.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    50sFit wrote: »
    You're about to buy a doughnut, do you have a mental strategy to shut down your craving ? What do you think of or visualize?

I think of how much I hate how I look now and how much more I'll hate myself if I eat the doughnut. That always helps me. And the fact that I'm only 8lbs from my goal weight and still unhappy is also helpful for me not to eat anything other than what's inside my calorie intake for the day.
    Same here...we should never trade what we want most with what we want now.

one donut is not going to make you look like crap ....
    No, but for people like me, one doughnut becomes a slippery slope. I won't be satisfied with one. I want to eat either a dozen or none.
    I pick none.

• Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    50sFit wrote: »
    You're about to buy a doughnut, do you have a mental strategy to shut down your craving ? What do you think of or visualize?

I just visualize my fat, ugly body at 270+ pounds, and that stops all cravings immediately.
    I never want to go back to being that guy.
    17ax272nt1s8.jpg

I think of Fat Rob...
    Then I think of Fat Me...

8b9fc51f326e9ffca27b3c6473546ac75634.jpg

Then I order an apple fritter and ride my bike home.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    wmh0b4ar8bq8.jpg
    shai74 wrote: »
    I either make it fit, or I understand it's a treat. I so rarely have doughnuts anymore that having one and going a little over isn't going to be the end of my progress.

And who the hell would argue with this......

bite.jpg

Each to their own I supposed. That picture makes me want to gag. I can't look at food without thinking about what's in it, and there's nothing good in that. Not to mention the sick, headachy feeling I know I'd get from too much sugar.

This on the other hand ...

bacon-2.jpg

maple+bar.jpg

Voodoo Doughnut Maple Bacon Bar.

/thread

EEK!! Why would you destroy perfectly delicious bacon like that?!?!

Oh who am I kidding, it'd probably taste delicious. Sadly I'm like shai74 and while I can enjoy eating super sweet things my tummy tends to feel queasy afterwards, so I can only have a bite or 2 unless I want to feel icky. Boooo!

So yeah, I'd rather have the plate of bacon. Though last time I ate a pound of bacon pretty much at once I didn't feel so hot either, so maybe just some of the plate of bacon.

Life is so difficult!

the dawn of the donut place i mentioned earlier has a maple bacon bar... but they crumble up the bacon... its... amazing. personally however, if i were making it i would do less of a frosting and more of a this mapley syrupy glaze.... if anyone invents that i will be in trouble. the frosting is a little much and overpowers the bacon.

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,117 Member
    Options
    Check my calories and fit it in. Craving deal with.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options

That wouldnt happen. I don't like donuts. :)
  • sumnerfan
    sumnerfan Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I hear my trainer yelling "You can't outrun the fooooork."
    Then I think about running and how I suck at it, and the shin splints I had, and how little bits of spit hit me in the race as I run-sucking wind as my trainer yells that I'm too slooooooooooooow; and then I turn and walk away.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    chadya07 wrote: »
    wmh0b4ar8bq8.jpg
    shai74 wrote: »
    I either make it fit, or I understand it's a treat. I so rarely have doughnuts anymore that having one and going a little over isn't going to be the end of my progress.

And who the hell would argue with this......

bite.jpg

Each to their own I supposed. That picture makes me want to gag. I can't look at food without thinking about what's in it, and there's nothing good in that. Not to mention the sick, headachy feeling I know I'd get from too much sugar.

This on the other hand ...

bacon-2.jpg

maple+bar.jpg

Voodoo Doughnut Maple Bacon Bar.

/thread

EEK!! Why would you destroy perfectly delicious bacon like that?!?!

Oh who am I kidding, it'd probably taste delicious. Sadly I'm like shai74 and while I can enjoy eating super sweet things my tummy tends to feel queasy afterwards, so I can only have a bite or 2 unless I want to feel icky. Boooo!

So yeah, I'd rather have the plate of bacon. Though last time I ate a pound of bacon pretty much at once I didn't feel so hot either, so maybe just some of the plate of bacon.

Life is so difficult!

the dawn of the donut place i mentioned earlier has a maple bacon bar... but they crumble up the bacon... its... amazing. personally however, if i were making it i would do less of a frosting and more of a this mapley syrupy glaze.... if anyone invents that i will be in trouble. the frosting is a little much and overpowers the bacon.

Hmmm, we're neighbors. I'm sketched out now! Donut Parade or nuttin'!

BTW, wth happened to Dawn of the Donut? It looks like a cupcake shop inside it now. Heard the cupcakery from the Garland bought it.
  • chadya07
    Options
    oh i didnt know anything happened. we got ours from the gas station on our side of town (south)... thats so sad. maybe they are still making though, i will see next time we walk that way... i have been wanting to try donut parade for years but we are never up that way suring their business hours..
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I really thought there would be more donut pictures on this thread by now. sigh

Sorry.

tumblr_m7llxmju5H1qhhgsz.jpg

java-time-donuts.jpg

doughnuts.jpg

cakedonutsp7150004.jpg
  • cherryblossombabe
    cherryblossombabe Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I think about how many calories I have used up for the day and how can I fit it in lol if there's a will there's a way
  • cherryblossombabe
    cherryblossombabe Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Damn that voodoo doughnut is sent from the gods
  • chadya07
    edited October 2014
    Options
    oy97dugeemn0.jpg

this one is healthy because strawberries.
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I ask my husband if he'd like a donut.

If he does, I purchase two.

We eat said donuts, I drink my black iced coffee.

Then we take the 30 minute walk up the hill back home and move on with our lives.