12345679»

Replies

• juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    SaintGiff wrote: »
    I should do more cardio hahaha. Would have actually finished under 2 minutes if I didn't have to catch my breath

http://youtu.be/UoTfE2q59sk

That's damned impressive. And no wraps this time! It's crazy how much stronger you got in just one year.

Definitely! I was actually shocked that it was about 2 minutes because my original was 6 and I was hoping to get close to 3. It's funny how we can see the minor improvements when we track stats, but things like this show us how much we actually improved. Doing it again in a month after I add some cardio. Want a better angle because I didn't realize it cut the weights out.
    That looked seriously easy. Nice job.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    SaintGiff wrote: »
    I should do more cardio hahaha. Would have actually finished under 2 minutes if I didn't have to catch my breath

That's damned impressive. And no wraps this time! It's crazy how much stronger you got in just one year.

Definitely! I was actually shocked that it was about 2 minutes because my original was 6 and I was hoping to get close to 3. It's funny how we can see the minor improvements when we track stats, but things like this show us how much we actually improved. Doing it again in a month after I add some cardio. Want a better angle because I didn't realize it cut the weights out.

Very nice! I guess that's the great thing about revisiting challenges since they can be a great yard stick.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

I'll probably do this again December 1st and get video from a better angle.

Well now you're just rubbing it in. :smile: Seriously impressive and a big improvement over the last video. Inspiring. 25 rep set is cardio. :p
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I'm interested to see what I can do a month from now since I haven't done deadlifts in two months. The only part of me that is sore is my hips, but that's because of a muscle imbalance I haven't been working on fixing (you can see my knees cave during my lifts).
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    I'm sick. No way I could do them yest. But I might try them tonight if the girls get back from trick or treating soon enough. Going to set up the tripod and camera
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    I'm sick. No way I could do them yest. But I might try them tonight if the girls get back from trick or treating soon enough. Going to set up the tripod and camera

Good luck, I might give this a try some day but I'm still in the middle of a periodization so I'll wait at least until I get done with this cycle.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Anyone attempt this over the weekend?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    No, I was being a baby
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options

Sick all day Sat and had a bball game sunday. Might try to schedule for it for tues or later this week as I'm only going on vaca this weekend
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    No, I was being a baby
    Same here, been sick and haven't been to the gym in a week. Feels... weird.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Have my meet in a week - may try it a couple of weekends after that, depending on my recovery.

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    taking the 5th. :)
  • usmcmp
    Options

youtu.be/UoTfE2q59sk

I said I was going to do this again December 1st, but I sustained a partial tear to my quadriceps tendon. I will probably revisit this challenge after it heals and after my cut.
  • dbmata
    Options
    ouch, heal up well.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

youtu.be/UoTfE2q59sk

I said I was going to do this again December 1st, but I sustained a partial tear to my quadriceps tendon. I will probably revisit this challenge after it heals and after my cut.

OUCH! Hope it heals quickly! how bad is it?
  • usmcmp
    Options

youtu.be/UoTfE2q59sk

It's minor. Headed to the VA in a few weeks to see what other damage was done. I highly suspect there's more damage to my meniscus. Eventually I will need surgery on the meniscus, but I'm putting that off for as long as I can.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

youtu.be/UoTfE2q59sk

It's minor. Headed to the VA in a few weeks to see what other damage was done. I highly suspect there's more damage to my meniscus. Eventually I will need surgery on the meniscus, but I'm putting that off for as long as I can.

Hope it goes well .
  • dbmata
    Options
    yowch, knee problems to boot...