Replies

• Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thanks vicky1947mfp!!
  • krenwren
    krenwren Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    @debbond58 I feel your pain! I just turned 58 on Tuesday. I have about 25 pounds to lose and I just can't get motivated to stick to a plan. I am losing for health but don't feel too bad so the fact that my A1C is creeping up and my cholesterol is 201 doesn't motivate me enough! I too, work nights and find it hard to find a rhythm with my eating. I eat when I'm tired, I eat to celebrate, I like wine too much, the list goes on. ARGGGHH. And having a twin that runs marathons and has maintained her weightloss for 20 years isn't helping. Ah well today is a new and beautiful day so I will begin again.
    There are so many great stories here, I am encouraged every day!
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! To join you just need to chat. I'm 65, married 41years, 195 to lose. Just finished 6 months of intense ED rehab, now just a couple times a week. Book I recommend is " don't diet just live workbook" . If you need support let us know, let's walk the journey together!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • calmom2
    calmom2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies what's everyone's meal plan for today. I need some inspiration. Breakfast I do a boring nutrition bar just to get something down because I'm not a great breakfast eater. Does anyone plan their whole meal for the day or just go meal by meal?
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    My food diary is open and you're more than welcome to view. B)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    calmom2 wrote: »
    Hi ladies what's everyone's meal plan for today. I need some inspiration. Breakfast I do a boring nutrition bar just to get something down because I'm not a great breakfast eater. Does anyone plan their whole meal for the day or just go meal by meal?

Meal by meal, but I have two standard breakfasts (I need my morning to be *simple*!). One breakfast is for when I leave home first thing to go row, or to spin class - a "coco pop whole wheat pop cake" (it's a tortilla sized cracker thing, 20 calories) with 2T peanut butter & some skim milk. The other is when I have more time - oatmeal with greek yogurt, berries & walnuts. Sometimes when I have breakfast one, I eat breakfast 2 for lunch. Did that today. (I love my oatmeal, and find this meal comforting and satiating (356 cal).)

I had a grande skim latte after rowing, with my double partner.

Since I rowed today, and am at 1300 net calories, I have 832 calories left, or more if I get more exercise. Not sure how I'll spend them!
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I nearly always have one of several flavors of Chobani greek yogurt, with 15 grams of Fiber One mixed in - depending on flavor (I try to stick to the 120 and 130 calories yogurts), that is 150 or 160 calories. Then, if I have ripe bananas, I have one, usually anywhere from 85 to 110 calories depending on size. If I don't have ripe bananas, I usually have one Thomas' Light Multi-grain English Muffin (100 calories), with one tablespoon (14 grams - I weigh it) of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Original. I always have water with my breakfast. I've never had a problem eating basically the same things every day, obviously. :)
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Oops, forgot to add that the not-butter has 60 calories.
  • krenwren
    Options
    I try to plan my meals for the day. I try to keep a few extra calories free for indescretions. I am back to eating just 1460 a day and not counting any activity. I am stuck at 175. Trying to lose weight SUCKS!
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options

I usually eat "lunch" for breakfast and lunch because I don't like cereal (it never fills me up). I make sure to have protein in the AM (and the rest of the day too). On gym days, I'll add some carbs to breakfast for the extra energy (always a fresh piece of fruit -- banana or apple).

Meal planning varies since I usually eat the same stuff all the time (boring, but it makes me happy) I log everything but dinner. I plan ahead to see how much activity I have to do to eat what I want for the day. I hate those numbers in the red so seeing them encourages me to stay active. I exercise for food basically. If I don't hit my activity goals, then I change my food to make sure I'm in the green. I hate doing that so it forces me to stay active. I'm so shallow, LOL.
  • krenwren
    Options
    Oh for breakfast I have a piece of french toast, one chicken sausage and some maple syrup and balade light butter
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I eat 1-2 scrambled eggs almost every morning. Most days I add some spinach and feta. On occasion I will have bacon or sausage or toast with my eggs. Some days I mix diced ham into the eggs and have hash browns. Eggs are about the only breakfast that fill me up. I add a peach or a handful of berries some mornings. Lunch tends to be a salad with grilled chicken or deli ham. Staying in this rut leaves me wide open for dinner/snack/dessert. I go out for lunch once per week and usually have a tostada, rice and beans. I go to breakfast every once in a while and have most of a western omelet and potatoes. I guess just find what works best for you
  • calmom2
    calmom2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I'm having plain Greek yogurt with frozen berries and a sprinkle of Chia seeds I'm hoping it will keep me satisfied longer than my nutrition bar. Thanks for the input I love to hear new ideas.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Tomorrow I'm having plain Greek yogurt with frozen berries and a sprinkle of Chia seeds I'm hoping it will keep me satisfied longer than my nutrition bar. Thanks for the input I love to hear new ideas.

Calmom2, that sounds good! Do you like chocolate? I mix in a couple of servings of cocoa powder to Greek yogurt and fresh berries along with some flavorings (vanilla, coconut, orange extract). Keeps me full for hours. I tried nutrition bars a long time ago and they never kept me full and always tasted processed to me, so now I only eat them if I'm away from home and have no other options.
  • Eleted
    Eleted Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Try these for breakfast. So good and low in calorie from MFP.
    URL to article: https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/banana-sweetened-bran-muffins/
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,444 Member
    Options
    Because of decades of shift work I can eat anything for any meal... and brekkie is often a quesadilla... I use a low carb tortilla, mash about 1/4 cup of kidney beans then mix with a few tbsp salsa and spread it on, sprinkle some green onions and a little low fat cheese, fold it over and toss it in a non stick frying pan for about 3 min on each side..
  • gtegirl2003
    gtegirl2003 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm 58 and have just spent 3 months losing 15 pounds that I had lost on here in 2013-14. I have about 20 to go. I am tall- 5'7'' and I have a Dr. goal of 175. I have been there twice with WW. I found that I wasn't losing on their program anymore. My A1C jumped to 6.3 (6.5 is diabetic) I have cut the carbs to 120-130 a day and use my diary. It is hard to keep track on a high day but accountability even at picnics and parties help me be in control. We are retired and travel and eat out alot. I keep a card in my purse with the count for favorite food at the places we frequently go so most of the time, I know what I will order in my calorie range. I also walk 35-40 minutes each day. Without the walking, I do not lose. I allow myself 1400 calories a day but usually use 1100-1200. I hope this keeps running.
  • twilasue54
    twilasue54 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    mk2loser wrote: »
    @twilasue54 did the star turn yellow? If so, you are bookmarked here.

• twilasue54
    twilasue54 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    yes, i figurered it out. thank you so much.

• FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I have just bookmarked too.
    I hate myself right now and struggling. I usually have a good breakfast and a sandwich or homemade salad for lunch. My downfall is wine and good food in the evenings. I am trying to cut back on the wine and don't intend to have any tonight. I am my own worse enemy as it is fairly easy to stick to the 1800 daily allowance without wine.
    I am very heavy right now so what gentle exercises would you recommend to get back into the habit. Thinking of buying some weights as strength training helped me before!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!