Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession : I ate 1200 calories for lunch (guesstimate as it was a local deli with no online nutrition info). I have 237 calories for dinner. Oops.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    My new favorite show is Big Giant Swords, it's about some Irish Guy who blacksmiths Big Giant Swords, then uses them to destroy something. it's amaze-balls.

That sounds awesome. I don't understand why this is something you have to *confess* :P
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I don't like being touched by anyone other than specific family members. When I do get touched, or get a hug or something like that i have to pretend that its ok but inside i'm counting the milliseconds until freedom.

Ha, I am totally the opposite. I have no problem being close to or affectionate with strangers (I am a dancer) but I would be fine with never having to touch my mother again. I love her, but we have a COMPLICATED relationship and I don't like the feigned/forced affection that she wants.
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I've been addicted to chewing tobacco on and off for years. I just recently I started up again and way too often, I started getting sensitivity in my teeth and skin changes in my mouth, I got scared and decided to quit yesterday. I used some nic gum yesterday, but got rid of it today because I'm afraid to get addicted to that.
    I am having horrible cravings, I am acting like a complete hostile B@#$% , and I have no control over my eating today. I am so hungry, these are the munchies from Hell.
    I'm terrified of gaining weight from quitting.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I don't like being touched by anyone other than specific family members. When I do get touched, or get a hug or something like that i have to pretend that its ok but inside i'm counting the milliseconds until freedom.

Same! If people other than my family/close friends touch me I try to set them on fire with my mind.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I got a great deal on chocolate and brie at Grocery Outlet the other day--seriously, $30 of stuff for about $5.

So I've been chowing down on both...and have dropped a couple of pounds. I'm wondering if this means that I need a LOT more fat in my diet than I usually get. Went back this morning to buy more brie to test out the hypothesis. ;)
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »
    I found myself wondering earlier if a food scale would accurately weigh my boobs. Decided not to bother since I have no clue what they 'should' weigh.

Depends on what your scales max weight is. Mine only goes up to 3lbs and I know my boobs would make it say error if I tried that. Just have your husband/boyfriend/significant other hold them up while you stand on the regular scale. That works pretty well for me.

I'll try that as soon as I acquire a boyfriend again. If he dumps me for being weird, oh well, he wasn't going to last long anyway if he can't handle weirdness!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I got a great deal on chocolate and brie at Grocery Outlet the other day--seriously, $30 of stuff for about $5.

So I've been chowing down on both...and have dropped a couple of pounds. I'm wondering if this means that I need a LOT more fat in my diet than I usually get. Went back this morning to buy more brie to test out the hypothesis. ;)

I think sometimes you just need to shake up the diet to kickstart the weightloss again. I had a totally excessive weekend with food and wine, and gained 2.5 lbs, but already I am back down almost 4 lbs, I had been on a plateau for over a week before this.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Those are great ideas, but I'm hoping to do something outside the kitchen with her. One of the reasons I take my son grocery shopping is to demonstrate that the gender roles society has placed on us are artificial and that we can break them with our actions. I'm hoping to do something similar with my daughter.

I freaking love this.

Me too. How about taking her to the DIY store and every time buying an item towards a long term project. Or if you know about cars teaching her some mechanics.

I like the idea of a long term project. I've got next to no knowledge on cars, but I do have several friends who can build one with their eyes closed. I've been thinking I might get a beat-to-*kitten* muscle car and have her rebuild it with me, then give it to her when she gets a driver's license. The only problem is that it's not something we can start until she's a older.

Someone else mentioned model rockets, and that's a great idea. I'd love to foster some interest in STEM as they are typicaly male-dominated fields. Rocketry is something we could do early on, too.

As a girl with a chemistry degree working in the nuclear industry I 100% support this. Your daughter is lucky to have a father who believes she can do anything she wants to :)

Late to this party but in for another idea- my dad's an electrical engineer, and when I was younger we would desolder/solder parts on circuit boards together to make stuff. Now I'm an electrical engineer. Kudos to you indeed.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I found myself wondering earlier if a food scale would accurately weigh my boobs. Decided not to bother since I have no clue what they 'should' weigh.

Depends on what your scales max weight is. Mine only goes up to 3lbs and I know my boobs would make it say error if I tried that. Just have your husband/boyfriend/significant other hold them up while you stand on the regular scale. That works pretty well for me.

I don't get this. If you're holding on to anything, you'll never get an accurate weight anyway, how would you expect this to work?

I had too many chocolates and snacks again. 450 calories left for dinner (maintenance goal), which would be fine if I didn't want to keep a deficit to make up for my binge of 2 days ago... I'll be very surprised if the scale isn't up this month!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I judge the workouts that I see other people do at the gym. Not because I hate what they are doing, but because I want to see them actually work for it. I saw this girl doing weighted squats, and I wanted to tell her to go lower or to put on more weights. She made it look easy.
    But then there's that guy that comes in and does really weird workouts, and they don't look like they are beneficial, but everyone's body is different.
    I guess I want to try and push people harder at the gym, but I hate talking to other people.

Yep, I do this too. I also check out the weight that people are lifting and compare to my own . Like "Oh, I'm stronger than he/she is" or "WOW! He/she is really hardcore"
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I get glazed eyes and stare in beffuddlement at the people on the treadmills at the gym, who put the incline to max and hang onto the tops of the machines, making themselves perpendicular to the machine again, which they could totally walk without the incline for.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I get glazed eyes and stare in beffuddlement at the people on the treadmills at the gym, who put the incline to max and hang onto the tops of the machines, making themselves perpendicular to the machine again, which they could totally walk without the incline for.

I was watching a woman doing this last night at the gym. Makes me shake my head.

• xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I confess, when someone at work asks me how I'm maintaining my weight, and I start to say "well, I track my calories in and calories burned-"

They stop me and say "Whoa whoa whoa...that's too hard & not to mention a pain in the *ss. Also, I hate vegetables"

I want to turn my pen around and stab them in the throat.
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I confess, while I appreciate the compliment for what it is, if I hear one more person say, "But you don't need to lose weight" I am going to scream. Maybe I just don't want to gain weight. Either way, I like food far too much not to count my calories. If I eat for a day without looking and then go back, yikes! It's no wonder my weight was higher than I wanted it to be for a while!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I judge the workouts that I see other people do at the gym. Not because I hate what they are doing, but because I want to see them actually work for it. I saw this girl doing weighted squats, and I wanted to tell her to go lower or to put on more weights. She made it look easy.
    But then there's that guy that comes in and does really weird workouts, and they don't look like they are beneficial, but everyone's body is different.
    I guess I want to try and push people harder at the gym, but I hate talking to other people.

I'm that person who doesn't go down far enough and use less weight. It isn't because I want to go easy, it's because I have had 6 surgeries in 5 years and still have a dislocated pelvis - will for life. I know my limitations so I push myself as far as I can without further injuring myself. Confession: I still judge other peoples work outs, lol.
  • KrisAZ000
    KrisAZ000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    dunnodunno wrote: »
    Sometimes when I want to eat sweets & have no more calories I just put the calories in another day in the same week.

I do this too. Putting the calories onto another day ensures that I still hit my deficit goal for the week. A lot of people say to log the cheat and move on, but I feel it's better to make up for it than to just let it slide.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    This thread is so interesting! Many amusing stories, but also a few sad ones. :(

Here are some of my confessions:

1. I am secretly pleased when I realize someone is jealous of my weight loss, even if it is a close friend.
    2. While I appreciate people noticing I look good (see above), at the same time I HATE it when people comment on it. I feel very self conscious. It's like I want people to notice and yet not notice at the same time. It's strange and is probably a relic from my past.
    3. I am pleased that my brother whom I do not like (he abused me when I was a child and is still a jerk) is obese and has poor health. I just think karma! And living well is the best revenge. (Dealing with what he did to me is part of the reason why I gained so much weight.)
    4. I have been known to eat an entire sleeve of Girl Scout thin mint cookies within an hour, or an entire box of Girl Scout tagalong cookies (aka peanut butter patties).
    5. Former favorite binge foods: Pepperidge Farm chocolate stripe cake (I'd eat an entire cake in a day or sometimes two), key lime pie (one whole pie in 1-2 days), Kraft macaroni and cheese, rocky road ice cream (an entire large container in two days). I did eventually scale down to Ben & Jerry's s'mores ice cream. I would eat 1-2 pints in a day which at least was a little bit less than the half gallon of rocky road. What's really gross is that much ice cream gives me diarrhea, badly. Obviously, I was a wreck.
    6. My friend who has gained close to 100 pounds in the past two years (after gastric sleeve surgery) and now weighs around 300 pounds is starting to gross me out. (I apologize to everyone here who is just as large. This is a confession thread, though. I think my feelings about my friend are more about her rapid weight gain and her attitude about it than her size because I have another friend who is heavier and she doesn't gross me out at all.) I do feel extremely guilty about this because I want to be more compassionate.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I don't get this. If you're holding on to anything, you'll never get an accurate weight anyway, how would you expect this to work?

I had too many chocolates and snacks again. 450 calories left for dinner (maintenance goal), which would be fine if I didn't want to keep a deficit to make up for my binge of 2 days ago... I'll be very surprised if the scale isn't up this month!

Sure you will. Step 1. Get on the scale (remember your weight). Step 2. Ask partner to lift your breasts for you (granted this will not work if you've got nice perky boobs, or small boobs. Mine happen to be extra large and pretty darn saggy from having two breastfed children so my hubby can just lift them right up off my body for me) Step 3. get back on the scale. Step 4 calculate the difference between lifted and not lifted. Vola, boob weight.
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Felt really hissed off at swim club arriving at pool last night. They arrived with fins, face masks etc. (Want to take up scuba diving but i'm too fat, so really felt they were rubbing it in).
    Then spent rest of night cross with myself for being annoyed about it.