Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I really, really, enjoy watching/reading other peoples fights on these (not this one particularly) threads. They can actually be quite informative as well.

OMG yes. I've been getting far too much enjoyment over the sugar threads lately :).

My favorite one, as of yesterday, was the "Can I really eat a hamburger" thread. Quite entertaining.

Dammit! Confession: I bailed on the hamburger thread too early.
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I decided to wax my own underarms the other night. I've had it done professionally before, so I figured it would be fine. I bought a microwave wax kit and waited until I was home alone. I'm right handed, so the left side wasn't too bad. Yeah, it hurt, but I got it done. Turns out that I am completely incapable when using my left hand. I got wax everywhere, I applied it super unevenly. I didn't pull it off fast enough, so the was got brittle and wouldn't come off in one piece. I had to pour oil on it and painstakingly pry the wax off bit by bit. And I still had 2/3 left to do, unless I wanted to have 1 and 1/3 armpit waxed. It hurt like the dickens.

I still don't know why I tried to do this, in February of all months.

Laughing my *kitten* off - now please picture this - only on the bikini area.....that was me

• Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I really, really, enjoy watching/reading other peoples fights on these (not this one particularly) threads. They can actually be quite informative as well.

OMG yes. I've been getting far too much enjoyment over the sugar threads lately :).

My favorite one, as of yesterday, was the "Can I really eat a hamburger" thread. Quite entertaining.

Me too. Now I have to go back and catch up!!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

That thread made my brain hurt.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I was 300 lbs a year ago on this date, tonight, I earned my orange belt in karate. not really a confession but a WOOP WOOP

Great job! Starting karate is a big part of why I decided to lose weight. I just got my orange belt, too. *high five*
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    caddir wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Please believe me when I tell you that several of the mom's at my older kid's school are super stuck up and judgmental. This makes me sound like the jerk, but I'm really so laid back and these people just drive me nuts! The other day, they had a bake sale at the band and strings concert and one of those women made chocolate chip cookies. She listed all the ingredients on a paper and in caps put ORGANIC before each thing, i.e. "ORGANIC flour, ORGANIC sugar.." It was so obviously competitive nonsense ( listing the ingredients at all was not required or expected). She was the winner of best mom in the world for sure. I find this type of behavior so obnoxious.

And that had nothing to do with anything, except that it was annoying.

Confession: I want the tank top in your profile picture!!! Is that for real, because if so, I need to know where you got it so I can have it in my life STAT!
    So who's scrolling back and looking for the tank top? I scrolled a bit but never saw anything exciting so figured I missed it. lol

you can just click berlynwall's name on the original quote to bring up her profile

OK, found it but don't know what a cheese fry is so probably don't want it on my shirt. lol

That is quite possibly the saddest things I've EVER heard. You NEED to have some cheese fries. Like, NOW!!!
    Are they what we would call cheesy chips?

Maybe, since across the pond you refer to French fries as chips. At least I think you do.

• MoHousdon
    Options

Should I check this out? I'm quite curious now as hamburgers (bacon cheeseburgers to be exact) are one of my favorite "cheat" foods.

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I was 300 lbs a year ago on this date, tonight, I earned my orange belt in karate. not really a confession but a WOOP WOOP

Great job! Starting karate is a big part of why I decided to lose weight. I just got my orange belt, too. *high five*

Congrats!!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Should I check this out? I'm quite curious now as hamburgers (bacon cheeseburgers to be exact) are one of my favorite "cheat" foods.

It wasn't even about cheating! It was literally someone asking if they could actually eat a burger when on a diet, because they didn't believe their coworkers, and figured you could only lose weight eating salad, I guess. Like, didn't grasp the concept of making the burger fit in your normal day's calories. And then it turned into a whole lot more nonsense about not eating large meals because that's how you get fat, not calories.

Edited because spelling is hard.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Every Thursday morning we have a quick informal admin meeting. The first few times the manager's brought in snacks. I bring food with me, so I don't NEED it, but I'm still hoping someone brings in cookies or doughnuts, even though it will certainly put me over for the day.
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    I raided my wifes candy stash last night and ate all of her skittles. She hasn't found out yet.

Quick! Hide in my beard, brother! I'll keep you safe from her wrath!

I am afraid i might get lost :p
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Every Thursday morning we have a quick informal admin meeting. The first few times the manager's brought in snacks. I bring food with me, so I don't NEED it, but I'm still hoping someone brings in cookies or doughnuts, even though it will certainly put me over for the day.

Yeah, I brought my Greek yogurt and granola for breakfast, but I can't pass up Lamar's donuts. If they'd have been Krispy Kreme or Dunkin', I wouldn't have even looked twice, but Lamar's is my jam.

• nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I hate sleeping. It's stupid and a waste of time spending so many hours mindlessly drooling on a cotton-padded platform. Yes, I know staying awake too many hours contributed greatly to my weight gain all these years. But my inner toddler is still afraid he's going to miss out on ... something.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and I play MMOs. Not sure that this should be a confession. That I play them too much might be the confession. I would rather play than exercise, but I am finding exercise is much more enjoyable on a wii-fit than without.

Ok here goes.

I met my husband in an MMO. We are sort of famous on our old server because I was his guild leader, we met and fell in love. This summer we will have our 13th wedding anniversary.

We lived on two different continents and he moved to mine. When he moved here we sold our toons and got more than 10k US for them (very uber). We put the money down on our house.

So now you know more about our meeting than my mother does!

I met my husband on a text-based MUD (multi-user dungeon) based on the Wheel of Time series of books. I lived in western Canada, he lived on the Mid-Atlantic U.S. We've been married nearly 15 years, and have 4 kids. Until we moved to the southern U.S. 11 years ago, we had a couple groups of friends whom we met with a couple times a month to play tabletop RPG's: D&D, WoT D&D, a game called "Call of Cthulu"... well, you get the idea, lol.

WoT Readers unite! I am just finishing the last book now. :)

I started reading the series in 1992 when I was 12. My husband started around the same time. By the mid 2000's we were joking that Jordan would die before he finished the series, and then he did (whoops). I am glad it got finished, even if it took more than half my life, lol. I've probably read the first 5-6 books 10 times each.

Our 12yo son has read ALL THE WAY through the series once, and is on go number two now, lol.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    I hate sleeping. It's stupid and a waste of time spending so many hours mindlessly drooling on a cotton-padded platform. Yes, I know staying awake too many hours contributed greatly to my weight gain all these years. But my inner toddler is still afraid he's going to miss out on ... something.

I know you're speaking English, but I do not understand the words you're saying. I absolutely LOVE sleeping and I'm sad every morning when I have to drag my butt out of my wonderfully comfortable and warm bed.

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

I know you're speaking English, but I do not understand the words you're saying. I absolutely LOVE sleeping and I'm sad every morning when I have to drag my butt out of my wonderfully comfortable and warm bed.

Right!?! I see words and sentences, but it's all just gobbledygook. There's no way the word "hate" should be followed by "sleeping." *kitten* heresy.
  • selena_teresa
    selena_teresa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and I play MMOs. Not sure that this should be a confession. That I play them too much might be the confession. I would rather play than exercise, but I am finding exercise is much more enjoyable on a wii-fit than without.

Ok here goes.

I met my husband in an MMO. We are sort of famous on our old server because I was his guild leader, we met and fell in love. This summer we will have our 13th wedding anniversary.

We lived on two different continents and he moved to mine. When he moved here we sold our toons and got more than 10k US for them (very uber). We put the money down on our house.

I met my husband on a text-based MUD (multi-user dungeon) based on the Wheel of Time series of books. I lived in western Canada, he lived on the Mid-Atlantic U.S. We've been married nearly 15 years, and have 4 kids. Until we moved to the southern U.S. 11 years ago, we had a couple groups of friends whom we met with a couple times a month to play tabletop RPG's: D&D, WoT D&D, a game called "Call of Cthulu"... well, you get the idea, lol.

I started reading the series in 1992 when I was 12. My husband started around the same time. By the mid 2000's we were joking that Jordan would die before he finished the series, and then he did (whoops). I am glad it got finished, even if it took more than half my life, lol. I've probably read the first 5-6 books 10 times each.

Our 12yo son has read ALL THE WAY through the series once, and is on go number two now, lol.

This was my issue, I started when there were 5 books and read them such a long time ago. Then a few more came out so I started over to remind myself about the story and caught up. Then I waited until it was done but this time I read chapter summaries online on the books I read until I caught up again and read the rest. I love them. :)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options

Ok here goes.

This was my issue, I started when there were 5 books and read them such a long time ago. Then a few more came out so I started over to remind myself about the story and caught up. Then I waited until it was done but this time I read chapter summaries online on the books I read until I caught up again and read the rest. I love them. :)

Further confession: I was playing a male character and my husband was playing a female when we met (don't get all pervy). And his character hated mine, lol.

• MoHousdon
    Options

Right!?! I see words and sentences, but it's all just gobbledygook. There's no way the word "hate" should be followed by "sleeping." *kitten* heresy.

FACT. Maybe he needs to buy a new bed and pillows. Try a new blanket too while you're at it.

• nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options

FACT. Maybe he needs to buy a new bed and pillows. Try a new blanket too while you're at it.

There's nothing amiss with my mini-coma equipment. I've been this way as long as I can remember. Perhaps some day we will evolve out of this need to spend so much useless time in gratuitous dormancy.