Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AshC1023
    AshC1023 Posts: 109
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    AshC1023 wrote: »
    I took both my dogs to the vet to be fixed today. Tired of hearing my male pine and snivel over my female who came in heat and I have kept separated.
    The confession: I'm having the vet cut his nails while he's out because he's difficult and makes me sit/lay on him to hold him down, while he's chewing on my arm, to trim them at home. My dog is such an a-hole. Even the vet said my dog was a bit on the psycho side, as I had to wait half an hour at the clinic and all he did was bark and snivel.
    This same dog has been through obedience training, schutzhund training, and is still poorly behaved. It's like he knows he's wrong, but does it anyway.
    I'm the dog person with an alarm on my trash can just so I can catch him digging in it and discipline the bad behavior...it doesn't stop him, but it does stop him from shredding it all over my house.

My dog is an *sshole, too.

You totally should have had their teeth cleaned, too, while they were out--our dog really needs it (her breath is horrible!) but I am too cheap to pay the $300 for anaesthesia alone (she's a Great Dane) for the procedure. I would totally use surgery or another procedure as an excuse to have the teeth done as well.
    Yeah that's happening too, they only charge $20 extra/each to do their teeth while they're out for the spay/neuter. I have two German Shepherds, both very large dogs (the male is over 100 lbs) so I feel you on the anesthesia prices! I took mine to a low cost clinic - not income based - and the totals are less than $200 each. Also had their distemper updated while they're there, kind of a one-stop-shop day.
    Another confession, I'm thoroughly enjoying them being gone for the day and not under my feet!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    JBROC5 wrote: »
    jessicapk wrote: »
    tchell99 wrote: »
    Confession: I talk to my dog like she's a person. And I sing songs to her all the time. Original songs about how awesome she is...

Love it! My old dog's nickname was Mu (pronounced "moo") and I would sing "Hey Mu" to her in the tune of "Hey Jude" by the Beatles. Somewhere in my mind, I think she liked it.

My dog is SO sarcastic. Okay so I talk FOR my dog......
    ALSO, 1 Hershey's kiss and I am a goner i go back for 2nd, 3rds and on and on.

Oh yeah, the Siamese ONLY likes me. He talks kind of mean to everybody else in the house. Haha!
    (He really does "Meow" back when I talk to him, but I'm the translator).
  • AshZie
    AshZie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I completed the 30 day shred on Tuesday so yesterday I "celebrated" with a slice of garlic squash & mushroom pizza (yum!!!), a bag of jalapeno kettle chips and 5 girl scout cookies. But that wasn't enough so I went out for drinks with my boyfriend and consumed a total of 8 drinks and inhaled 2 more slices of pizza. This morning I was super hungover and got Mcdonald's on my way to work. It wasn't even good. And I will most likely eat junk for the rest of the day. I was supposed to start another round of Shred today but that will have to wait until tomorrow :wink:
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I think tomorrow I will turn the lights on the tree, in silent rebuttal to all of the Scrooges here.

I don't have any decorations up anymore but my 2 year old still likes me to read her Christmas stories and watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

Although I have to confess that I hid the Elmo's 12 Days of Christmas book after the 4th or 5th time she made me read it to her

• AshZie
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I don't understand people who wait until midnight to eat so they can log it the next day. Why are you still up at midnight!? Don't you have work the next day? If you went to bed at a normal time, you wouldn't be eating at night.

Everybody has different schedules.
  • schonton
    schonton Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    at the age of 26 (almost 27) i like to go to bed at 10pm so that i can wake up at 4:30 am. I can get a lot of things done at that hour. and I still get my 6 hours in.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My ex and I used to have two cats who were brothers, Regent and Fagan. Regent had a poshy high-English accent and Fagan had a cockney one. (This really makes no sense, since we rescued them as feral kittens, so shouldn't both of them have been cockney?) We made up a whole scenario about how they ran a tobacco store in London and Regent was constantly chastising Fagan for smoking up the profits and knicking from the till. We would have updates at least once a week in which we would natter on in their respective voices about recent events while the cats looked on with expressions of boredom and/or derision. The ex got the cats. I sometimes wonder if he and the wife carried on with this tradition.
  • kayna1225
    kayna1225 Posts: 53 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I just had a 1000 calorie snack because PMS.

I had 2 cannollis and and 2 pieces of pizza yesterday because of 'PMS'
    its a valid reason
  • morrskie
    Options
    Oh dear, I have quite a few.

Until about a year ago, I would (on a regular basis!!) eat a large Pizza Hut pizza in one sitting... plus two sides. Aaand a few hours later this was usually followed by an entire pack of Hobnobs or PopTarts. Both, on several occasions. Sure, I regretted it afterwards, but it tasted so good.

I get really embarrassed if anyone knows I exercise (???) so I purposely stay up until about four in the morning so I can try to exercise while my family's asleep!! Thankfully I'm able to get up at two in the afternoon, so it all works out in the end, hahaha. :P

I have three dogs and a cat, and they all have accents and 'backstories'. Interestingly, despite the fact that they're all from the valleys, none have Welsh accents... hrm....

Continuing the above, I like to read aloud to all my pets. Depending on their... personalities, I read them different books. So, Rocko likes classics (particularly Russian, German and French authors), Meg likes horror stories, Lilah likes crime and fantasy books and Mishkie likes books on linguistics. (Yes, I am THAT sad!!!)

Hehe, I think I might love my pets a little too much. Oh well, they make up for me not having any actual friends!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    JBROC5 wrote: »
    jessicapk wrote: »
    tchell99 wrote: »
    Confession: I talk to my dog like she's a person. And I sing songs to her all the time. Original songs about how awesome she is...

Love it! My old dog's nickname was Mu (pronounced "moo") and I would sing "Hey Mu" to her in the tune of "Hey Jude" by the Beatles. Somewhere in my mind, I think she liked it.

My dog is SO sarcastic. Okay so I talk FOR my dog......
    ALSO, 1 Hershey's kiss and I am a goner i go back for 2nd, 3rds and on and on.

Oh yeah, the Siamese ONLY likes me. He talks kind of mean to everybody else in the house. Haha!
    (He really does "Meow" back when I talk to him, but I'm the translator).

My cat (Siamese too) and I have a lot of conversations.
    kayna1225 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I just had a 1000 calorie snack because PMS.

I had 2 cannollis and and 2 pieces of pizza yesterday because of 'PMS'
    its a valid reason

Haha it's even worse now. After logging 2 servings of ice cream on top of everything else (I'm already over 3000 calories today and it's not even 2pm), I just quick added 380 calories because I was ashamed of logging the 5 Lindt chocolates I just ate. And I even drove to the store especially to get ice cream (but parked pretty far from the entrance because at least it burns calories right?).

I swear I have no willpower and I'm a food lunatic at that time of the month. I even got pissed because my mom wanted to taste MY ice cream. PMS is the reason I've pretty much maintained 3 pounds from my goal for 7 months.
    I think tomorrow I will turn the lights on the tree, in silent rebuttal to all of the Scrooges here.

I don't have any decorations up anymore but my 2 year old still likes me to read her Christmas stories and watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

Although I have to confess that I hid the Elmo's 12 Days of Christmas book after the 4th or 5th time she made me read it to her

I half pretend I don't read English well aloud (I guess I could make an effort) so my husband has to read those horrible books my kids want to read.
  • AshZie
    Options
    schonton wrote: »
    at the age of 26 (almost 27) i like to go to bed at 10pm so that i can wake up at 4:30 am. I can get a lot of things done at that hour. and I still get my 6 hours in.

I'm jealous of your desire to wake up at 4:30, especially with only 6.5 hours of sleep! I could accomplish so much if I did this, especially in terms of workouts. I'm simply too lazy and I will sleep until I HAVE to get up for work!
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    When we order pizza I don't usually eat the pizza, I'm just in it for the cinnamon sticks.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    morrskie wrote: »

I have three dogs and a cat, and they all have accents and 'backstories'. Interestingly, despite the fact that they're all from the valleys, none have Welsh accents... hrm....

Continuing the above, I like to read aloud to all my pets. Depending on their... personalities, I read them different books. So, Rocko likes classics (particularly Russian, German and French authors), Meg likes horror stories, Lilah likes crime and fantasy books and Mishkie likes books on linguistics. (Yes, I am THAT sad!!!)

Hehe, I think I might love my pets a little too much. Oh well, they make up for me not having any actual friends!

I am relieved to know I am not alone in creating intricate backstories and silly accents for my pets!

• MzShelleRenea
    MzShelleRenea Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have some form of chocolate every single day, no matter what. I quit smoking 47 days ago. Gave up Diet Pepsi/Dr. Pepper a week ago and haven't had a drink in 4 days. I feel I deserve it.
    I'm also hoping I'll be one of those people who drop weight fast from removing alcohol from their diet. However, I still try to stay within my TDEE range. I gained most of my weight due to my alcohol intake. I want a reward for stopping to be to look amazing again.
  • hdrenollet
    hdrenollet Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I seriously just killed of a 1094 calorie Jimmy Johns sub for lunch... It was soooo good, but I feel really guilty about it.
  • lulufee317537
    lulufee317537 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to plain salted potato chips. I can eat a whole 5 serving bag at one time. So I have to just not eat them at all.

I don't even care if my MFP number is green, I just try to have my net calories under 2000.

I don't count "food in my body" as part of my body weight. So, like, if I ate a lot over the weekend, I know my increase in weight is simply because there is more food in my system.
  • lulufee317537
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol

I sort of do this, except I will wash the crotch part of the pants in the sink. I wear used sports bras numerous times. I put them by the heater overnight to dry. :#

• Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    While we are on pet confessions...My husband was meh about having a pet, but I really wanted a dog. I talked him into it. I love my pup, but it is kind of annoying that now she and my husband love each other more than anything.

Sometimes I feel left out.
  • lulufee317537
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Also, my confession is that while I laugh at the "sugar addiction" threads, I too am addicted. I typically snort the easier stuff like powdered sugar or dextrose. But when I am desperate I have been known to reach the depths of snorting pixie stix. Once I even did some stevia. Never again.

I am not ashamed.

Then when you log your booogars, aren't you logging the cals twice? :s

LOL shifterbrainz!

• lulufee317537
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    What's with all the people that don't wash their work out clothes often? That's seriously gross.

I like the smell.

(jk!)