Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I need to know whether all those people who confessed to still having their Christmas decorations up have taken them down by now. I was just out walking in my neighbourhood and was amazed at how many lights and wreaths are still up. Am considering starting a petition!

I WILL SIGN THAT!

LOL! I'm always shocked by how long some people leave it up. I love my Christmas tree, but on December 26, I want it gone, or the evening of Dec 25 if I happen to be home.

I think it should be legal to vandalize any house still decorated after new years.

But then I hate Christmas. And since it starts in October now, I want it gone asap.
  • meraki78
    meraki78 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My scale is tared to 5 pounds above zero.

It makes me feel better that I get to subtract 5 off the reading.

Sometimes I like to weigh myself in kilograms because the number is much smaller. Although I do know what the conversion is, at first glance it's better than triple digits.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I need to know whether all those people who confessed to still having their Christmas decorations up have taken them down by now. I was just out walking in my neighbourhood and was amazed at how many lights and wreaths are still up. Am considering starting a petition!

I WILL SIGN THAT!

LOL! I'm always shocked by how long some people leave it up. I love my Christmas tree, but on December 26, I want it gone, or the evening of Dec 25 if I happen to be home.

I think it should be legal to vandalize any house still decorated after new years.

But then I hate Christmas. And since it starts in October now, I want it gone asap.

Depends where you live - Florida or Arizona? Go for it. Up here, good luck getting through the snow to get to the house to vandalize it. Which is the same reason the decorations are still up, too.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

I WILL SIGN THAT!

Depends where you live - Florida or Arizona? Go for it. Up here, good luck getting through the snow to get to the house to vandalize it. Which is the same reason the decorations are still up, too.

Hey, if you don't wanna take em down, don't put em up.

Same goes for election signs.
  • meraki78
    meraki78 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty good walk that I do on my lunch break. It's down the road a ways, up a super steep hill, down the other side and back around. It's fairly difficult, but I know a few people from my office do that route every now and then. I thought I was all alone, huffing and puffing up the hill and I was a bit gassy so I was letting one slip every now and then. I make it to the top and not 50 feet behind me is a co-worker...apparently I'd been crop dusting him the whole way up hill. I feel super bad about it and now I'm embarassed. I hope 50 feet was a good enough buffer to the let the smell disappate before he walked though it. Oops.

OMG!!!! Love it:) that had me cracking up, not because of your embarrassment but because that would absolutely be something I would do. I think you were fine with the 50ft.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

I WILL SIGN THAT!

OMG the election signs drive me batty! I always say I'll vote for whomever has the LEAST amount of signs set up.

• JPW1990
    Options

I WILL SIGN THAT!

I don't put them up, but I"m not going to bully my 80 year old neighbor for not breaking a hip trying to take a wreath off the fence.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    mandiRN1 wrote: »
    My scale is tared to 5 pounds above zero.

It makes me feel better that I get to subtract 5 off the reading.

Sometimes I like to weigh myself in kilograms because the number is much smaller. Although I do know what the conversion is, at first glance it's better than triple digits.

I weigh myself in kilograms (because I'm in a metric country) but keep track of losses in pounds because it sounds like SO much!!
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I think tomorrow I will turn the lights on the tree, in silent rebuttal to all of the Scrooges here.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

We still have our lighted Rudolph and village up inside. But nothing outside. Also still using our Christmas plates.

• jenwen1
    jenwen1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have to have maltesers. Can be one Malteser (10cals) or half a Malteser or 6 maltesers, whatever happens in a day, I've got to finish my day with whatever I have left in calories in maltesers!!!! Working so far, 50days in and 22lb lost!!
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I opened my computer at school today, forgetting that I had music playing last time I closed it without bothering to pause it.

So everyone got surprise blasted with melodeath. Oops.
  • jbgatzke
    Options
    I hear my thighs "clap" so I kinda know what you mean. I can't go any jumping without peeing my pants, even if I go to the bathroom right before I workout. I hate it, I can't do group exercise bc in afraid I'll have an accident. I've also had 3 kids, and my weight has gone between 154 and 240.
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I can't do any type of jumping jacks or running without my belly smacking the top of my thighs. It's really embarrassing. Going to talk to a surgeon about a panniculectomy. Three kids and yo-yoing between 140 and 252 a few times wrecked my belly.

• snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Because.
  • abbycassidy1
    Options
    I quit smoking for an entire year, now back at er 4 smokes a day!!! grrrr........ why can't people eat a little peanut butter? just curious
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    why can't people eat a little peanut butter? just curious

Because it's delicious.

• JPW1990
    Options
    Had a scary reality check tonight. There are a few meds I have to take regularly, and right now, a few extra I'm temporarily on for pain until I get some dental work finished. Sitting on my desk right now are those, plus a few individual vitamins, advil, and some refills for almost empty bottles. All total, 11 medicine bottles.
    Lesson 1: I need to clean off my desk
    Lesson 2: That is the person I don't ever, EVER want to be, having to monitor and keep track of a dozen different medications just to exist day to day.
  • ericah971
    ericah971 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Confession: I feel bad for all the people eating peanut butter out of the jar without stirring syrup into it first. I can't have peanut butter and syrup in the house at the same time.

YESSSS! My absolute favorite. I'm so glad I'm not the only one.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    My confession is, and I feel REALLY guilty about this, that one of my biggest inspirations for losing weight is my mum.

I LOVE my mum. We're very very close. And she's been overweight her whole life, and now in her early 60's she's got so many heath issues it scares me. She walks so slowly and is exhausted after a walk around a shopping centre. She needs a knee replacement and can barely climb stairs. She's on a heap of medications and has other health issues.

I want to lose weight now so I'm not trying to deal with being obese along with everything else when I'm her age. Many of her health issues are not directly caused or affected by her weight but I see her struggle with them as well as her weight and the issues it causes and it not only breaks my heart, it scares the crap out of me.

So yeah. My guilty confession is that I want to lose weight now so I don't end up struggling like my mum at an age where she should still be healthy and hale.
  • kimtab
    kimtab Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I ate not one, but TWO donuts today. And I drank two beers when I got home. There goes mah goal for today!