Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Jolinia wrote: »
    I found myself wondering earlier if a food scale would accurately weigh my boobs. Decided not to bother since I have no clue what they 'should' weigh.

Depends on what your scales max weight is. Mine only goes up to 3lbs and I know my boobs would make it say error if I tried that. Just have your husband/boyfriend/significant other hold them up while you stand on the regular scale. That works pretty well for me.

I don't get this. If you're holding on to anything, you'll never get an accurate weight anyway, how would you expect this to work?

I had too many chocolates and snacks again. 450 calories left for dinner (maintenance goal), which would be fine if I didn't want to keep a deficit to make up for my binge of 2 days ago... I'll be very surprised if the scale isn't up this month!

Sure you will. Step 1. Get on the scale (remember your weight). Step 2. Ask partner to lift your breasts for you (granted this will not work if you've got nice perky boobs, or small boobs. Mine happen to be extra large and pretty darn saggy from having two breastfed children so my hubby can just lift them right up off my body for me) Step 3. get back on the scale. Step 4 calculate the difference between lifted and not lifted. Vola, boob weight.

No, because science. I'll just stop there.
  • KGRebelRanch
    KGRebelRanch Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I don't eat at all during the day, then lie and say I had a late lunch when my husband gets home so I know he's getting enough to eat.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I found myself wondering earlier if a food scale would accurately weigh my boobs. Decided not to bother since I have no clue what they 'should' weigh.

Depends on what your scales max weight is. Mine only goes up to 3lbs and I know my boobs would make it say error if I tried that. Just have your husband/boyfriend/significant other hold them up while you stand on the regular scale. That works pretty well for me.

I don't get this. If you're holding on to anything, you'll never get an accurate weight anyway, how would you expect this to work?

I had too many chocolates and snacks again. 450 calories left for dinner (maintenance goal), which would be fine if I didn't want to keep a deficit to make up for my binge of 2 days ago... I'll be very surprised if the scale isn't up this month!

Sure you will. Step 1. Get on the scale (remember your weight). Step 2. Ask partner to lift your breasts for you (granted this will not work if you've got nice perky boobs, or small boobs. Mine happen to be extra large and pretty darn saggy from having two breastfed children so my hubby can just lift them right up off my body for me) Step 3. get back on the scale. Step 4 calculate the difference between lifted and not lifted. Vola, boob weight.

Well, it's closer than just estimating, right? Plus, someone gets to hold boobs, so there's that.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

Well, it's closer than just estimating, right? Plus, someone gets to hold boobs, so there's that.

I'll volunteer if someone doesn't have anyone to hold their boobs.
  • tincanonastring
    Options

Get in line, bub.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I confess, when someone at work asks me how I'm maintaining my weight, and I start to say "well, I track my calories in and calories burned-"

They stop me and say "Whoa whoa whoa...that's too hard & not to mention a pain in the *ss. Also, I hate vegetables"

I want to turn my pen around and stab them in the throat.

YES! This X1000.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options

Get in line, bub.

And, case in point that men are MUCH more forgiving of our bodies than us women are! This conversation seriously made me laugh. Thanks - I needed it this afternoon!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Get in line, bub.

And, case in point that men are MUCH more forgiving of our bodies than us women are! This conversation seriously made me laugh. Thanks - I needed it this afternoon!

If i told you your body was amazing, would you hold it against me? :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Apparently (according to various websites), the density of breast tissue is approximately 85% of that of water, so the most accurate measurement is to get a large bowl, place it in a baking tray, fill the bowl to the very top with water, dunk your bewb in the water until it is fully submerged (thus displacing the same volume of water as your bewb comprises) then measure the amount of water displaced into the tray (1ml of water = 1 gram), then multiply the grams of water by 0.85 to get the weight of your bewb.

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Get in line, bub.

If i told you your body was amazing, would you hold it against me? :)

You are too far away!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Apparently (according to various websites), the density of breast tissue is approximately 85% of that of water, so the most accurate measurement is to get a large bowl, place it in a baking tray, fill the bowl to the very top with water, dunk your bewb in the water until it is fully submerged (thus displacing the same volume of water as your bewb comprises) then measure the amount of water displaced into the tray (1ml of water = 1 gram), then multiply the grams of water by 0.85 to get the weight of your bewb.

Laughed out loud at that visual! :p
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

Instead of a BodPod we need a BewbPod?
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

Instead of a BodPod we need a BewbPod?

*opens Kickstarter...
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I love a cherry frozen coke with a bag of potatoes chips. I will go to the gas station get a 32oz Slurpee and chips devour them then go in to a Carb coma. Bye the way I'm a type two diabetic so I know that no good can come from this behavior.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    LouisaM162 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    I went on a cruise with my husband last month. I gained ten pounds, he didn't gain an ounce. I was so pissed I told him I had a UTI and couldn't have sex for ten days.

I laughed so hard at this, the dogs came over with concerned looks on their faces.

I've eaten premade frosting out of the jar before. I also eat cookie butter out of the jar. In fact, that's how 1.5 jars of cookie butter got consumed in this house... all but the 1/2 jar I used in a recipe.

What is cookie butter? BTW - great profile photo!

Imagine if peanut butter was made with ground up cookies instead. Now wipe the drool off your chin :D

where do you get that?!?!?!?!?!?!

Are you in the US? Even Wal-Mart now has Biscoff spread in the peanut butter section:

biscoff.jpg

No, I am in Canada..... :'(

Thank your lucky stars we don't have that stuff here!!!!

Wish there was a like button! I am also glad it is not available in Canada. Also, I love Jif peanut butter and it is no longer available in Canada...a great thing, since I can easily say no to any other brand.

jif peanut butter is so disgusting i remember when someone made me a peanut butter sandwich once with that .. i took one bite and spit it out like wth happened to this *kitten* thats not peanut butter

Canadian peanut butter > American by 10000000000000000000000000 points omg
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I love a cherry frozen coke with a bag of potatoes chips. I will go to the gas station get a 32oz Slurpee and chips devour them then go in to a Carb coma. Bye the way I'm a type two diabetic so I know that no good can come from this behavior.

Not frozen, but Cherry Coke or Dr. Pepper and really crunchy potato chips (kettle cooked) are my all-time favorite snack. There's just something about the sweet of the soda and the salty-crunchiness of the chips that are just glorious.

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Zx14chick wrote: »
    I confess, while I appreciate the compliment for what it is, if I hear one more person say, "But you don't need to lose weight" I am going to scream. Maybe I just don't want to gain weight. Either way, I like food far too much not to count my calories. If I eat for a day without looking and then go back, yikes! It's no wonder my weight was higher than I wanted it to be for a while!

^^^^ I 100% agree with this statement.

I have never really had a weight issue, but I do have a fit/healthy issue. Just because I'm thin and want to better myself so I can be fit, does not give you the right to make snide or condescending comments about my choices. This is my life, let me live it how I want to, or I'll punch you in the throat.

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I confess I rather like it when people tell me I don't need to lose weight or that I shouldn't lose more.
  • stefgnieto
    Options
    i keep the remainder of the icing container after putting it on a cake or cupcake, so i can spoon it later :s
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I gained most of my weight from drinking almost every night for three years and eating takeout on weekends.

When I was 28lbs heavier I used to hate anyone discussing anything around me about healthy eating or going to the gym, especially if they were slimmer than me. I would be one of those people that would be like 'Slaving away in the gym - how boring! Eat a cheeseburger and live a little!' I think I was jealous and bitter that other people had the motivation and willpower to better themselves and I didn't. Of course I realize that it was a terrible attitude to have now after changing my lifestyle for the better. I think I was projecting my self-hatred on to others doing well. Still if I fall off the wagon - have a few binges in a row or a really bad week any talk of calories or exercise irritates me no end. But that's just me being angry at myself.