Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Every Thursday morning we have a quick informal admin meeting. The first few times the manager's brought in snacks. I bring food with me, so I don't NEED it, but I'm still hoping someone brings in cookies or doughnuts, even though it will certainly put me over for the day.

There were no snacks :( *morosely eats her almonds*
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I hate sleeping. It's stupid and a waste of time spending so many hours mindlessly drooling on a cotton-padded platform. Yes, I know staying awake too many hours contributed greatly to my weight gain all these years. But my inner toddler is still afraid he's going to miss out on ... something.

I know you're speaking English, but I do not understand the words you're saying. I absolutely LOVE sleeping and I'm sad every morning when I have to drag my butt out of my wonderfully comfortable and warm bed.

Right!?! I see words and sentences, but it's all just gobbledygook. There's no way the word "hate" should be followed by "sleeping." *kitten* heresy.

FACT. Maybe he needs to buy a new bed and pillows. Try a new blanket too while you're at it.

There's nothing amiss with my mini-coma equipment. I've been this way as long as I can remember. Perhaps some day we will evolve out of this need to spend so much useless time in gratuitous dormancy.

And here I am, waiting very impatiently for my kids to become teenagers so I can finally sleep in again.

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    After my son's bus got him off to school, I went back to bed for 5 hrs.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Barbs2222 wrote: »

I thought the same thing!
    I just read some of that! OMG some people will gripe about anything! Lol
    Confession: I kind of agree with them. I mean, I don't care about the "whole food" aspect of it, but I would like to see MFP adjust the way the database search returns are ordered. I think they should be ordered as : 1) Your Foods, 2) USDA entries, 3) Other user inputted foods sorted from most confirmations to least.

I agree. This would be very helpful.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I hate sleeping. It's stupid and a waste of time spending so many hours mindlessly drooling on a cotton-padded platform. Yes, I know staying awake too many hours contributed greatly to my weight gain all these years. But my inner toddler is still afraid he's going to miss out on ... something.

I know you're speaking English, but I do not understand the words you're saying. I absolutely LOVE sleeping and I'm sad every morning when I have to drag my butt out of my wonderfully comfortable and warm bed.

Right!?! I see words and sentences, but it's all just gobbledygook. There's no way the word "hate" should be followed by "sleeping." *kitten* heresy.

FACT. Maybe he needs to buy a new bed and pillows. Try a new blanket too while you're at it.

There's nothing amiss with my mini-coma equipment. I've been this way as long as I can remember. Perhaps some day we will evolve out of this need to spend so much useless time in gratuitous dormancy.

And here I am, waiting very impatiently for my kids to become teenagers so I can finally sleep in again.

Mine are ages 9-14 and on Sundays when I am not working, I get to sleep in until 9am or so. It is the BOMB!!! Saturdays however, often have evil things like 7am hockey games or other such shite.

• berlynnwall
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

That is the dream. I have about 2 more years until everyone is in school full time. I will most likely go back to work then, but not until I spend a few weeks just sleeping and enjoying the glorious quiet.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

That is the dream. I have about 2 more years until everyone is in school full time. I will most likely go back to work then, but not until I spend a few weeks just sleeping and enjoying the glorious quiet.

I'm enjoying it while I can. I'll find out in the next week or so if I'm going to need surgery, so I've held off on taking any new long-term work, just checking in to do spot-maintenance on projects that are already live.
  • berlynnwall
    Options

Mine are ages 9-14 and on Sundays when I am not working, I get to sleep in until 9am or so. It is the BOMB!!! Saturdays however, often have evil things like 7am hockey games or other such shite.

Two out of the three of my kids are the hated "morning people". They get up at 5AM, super loud and hyper from the moment they open their eyes.
  • berlynnwall
    Options

I'm enjoying it while I can. I'll find out in the next week or so if I'm going to need surgery, so I've held off on taking any new long-term work, just checking in to do spot-maintenance on projects that are already live.

Definitely enjoy it. And good luck to you with your health situation, whatever it may be.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options

You're my hero for the day!

I was sick last Tuesday, even stayed home from work. I slept until 1:30 and only work up because I had to pee, went back to sleep until about 3 when my daughter got home from school. I had zero trouble sleeping all night long that night. I LOVE SLEEPING.

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

Mmmm. Mini-coma.
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I wait about an hour after eating to brush my teeth...If I still have the taste of the food in my mouth I don't get hungry.... But I read that is not so good to brush right away so hurray!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options

Mmmm. Mini-coma.

^^^ This is why we're pals. I love mini-comas. Not be confused with mini-commas. ;)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

This makes me sad. Don't wish away those years!

I wish my babies were still little (21 and 20). My friends had to talk me down last year, I thought I wanted another baby (I'm 41).
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I really, really, enjoy watching/reading other peoples fights on these (not this one particularly) threads. They can actually be quite informative as well.

Oh, me too!
  • berlynnwall
    Options

This makes me sad. Don't wish away those years!

I wish my babies were still little (21 and 20). My friends had to talk me down last year, I thought I wanted another baby (I'm 41).

Aww. I do enjoy my kids during the normal times of the day, and I love them very much. I just really really need more sleep. I can't go to bed early enough to feel like I'm catching up. Believe me, I've tried!
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    My confession? I've been creeping on this thread since the beginning and should probably be productive or something instead of creeping. lol
  • LizN63
    LizN63 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    caddir wrote: »

That is quite possibly the saddest things I've EVER heard. You NEED to have some cheese fries. Like, NOW!!!
    Are they what we would call cheesy chips?

Maybe, since across the pond you refer to French fries as chips. At least I think you do.

Yes we do. I suspect we just grate cheese on top of chips, we don't bother with the fancy stuff! ;)
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Love it, LOL. What are they in? A half-barrel maybe? Soooo cute. I really 'awwwed' at that one.

55835802.png