Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Speaking of dancing- did I tell you guys I was in the newspaper for sharing a dance with a resident at the local Veterans' Home on Independence Day? (I can't remember if I shared and don't want to look back through pages...) I was volunteering, helping serve lunch and just chatting with the residents. When he found out I was from Texas, he asked if I could 2 step and I said, "Of course!" The reporter took a pic of us dancing and it was published in the Sunday paper. My DH doesn't dance.
    sdimsusjfw3v.jpg

ETA: That's my husband standing behind the fence in the background watching.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I get the same way. In part of your head you KNOW you're being unreasonable, but you have no control over it.

This is EXACLTY me! Mr. Mo even said, "Is someone hangry?!" He already knew.

This is exactly me, too!! I feel like I've got the dark cloud over my head and it just gets bigger and I get meaner until I can shove some food in my face. Thankfully, Mr. Jenni understands and gets this way too. We have started packing an extra sandwich to take to work for our commute home (we carpool) so that we can avoid the hangry when stuck in traffic for 45+ minutes.

ETA: the extra sandwich (170 calories) also keeps us from deciding that fast food is a viable option because we MUST EAT NOW.

That's really a smart idea. I had a bar that I could have eaten on my way home, but I didn't started getting really hungry until right before we left the house. I should have eaten the stupid bar.

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Thank you @KylerJaye I appreciate the kind words :)

@Just_Ceci that's so cool!!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Thanks for all the compliments ladies. Maybe it was just the jeans, but I really liked the view in that mirror today. It made me proud of all my hard work and dedication.

That baby's going on Instagram. :smiley:
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the compliments ladies. Maybe it was just the jeans, but I really liked the view in that mirror today. It made me proud of all my hard work and dedication.

I want to add another good job for you.

You should be proud.

I'm jealous. I've been doing squats only because of physical therapy and I hate them but now I'm tempted to keep doing them. :)
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    @MoHousdon How many squats do you do? Do you do them every day? Every time I start a squat routine I always end up dropping out of it... but I do want a nice tush :confounded:

To be honest, this is mostly from the squats and lunges incorporated into my HIIT workout. I think there are 2 stations with squats and lunges. I want to start doing squats at the Y, but like I said before, I'm scared of hurting myself. I may be a weirdo, but I really like squats, and I would say they are TOTALLY worth it. Don't give up. We all start somewhere.

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Why I do squats. :smiley:

I may have been admiring my backside for an inappropriate amount of time in the dressing room. :smiley:

Oh my. And you're not even doing barbell squats!

looking-good.png
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Speaking of dancing- did I tell you guys I was in the newspaper for sharing a dance with a resident at the local Veterans' Home on Independence Day? (I can't remember if I shared and don't want to look back through pages...) I was volunteering, helping serve lunch and just chatting with the residents. When he found out I was from Texas, he asked if I could 2 step and I said, "Of course!" The reporter took a pic of us dancing and it was published in the Sunday paper. My DH doesn't dance.
    sdimsusjfw3v.jpg

So sweet! And how adorable is your partner?! <3

• KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options

don't even try to give the jeans any credit.
    that's a good butt, end of story! ;)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    50918205.jpg
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »

don't even try to give the jeans any credit.
    that's a good butt, end of story! ;)

Thanks, Mr. Mo seems to think so. I'm starting to agree. I think the jeans helped a little bit though.

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon you've inspired me!! Looking fabulous lady!! <3
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    50918205.jpg

This. Pretty Please?!
    ETA: with a cherry on top?
  • KylerJaye
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @KylerJaye How's things with the new man??

pretty good!!

last night we did a double date, dinner and movie, with my bff and her boyfriend (is it weird that i was giddy for this?).

everyone got along really well and we had a super great time!
    he's so nice, and kind and sweet and cute as heck ;)

i'll totally admit, i've become quite smitten with mr jaye :D

ETA: i know it's still really early, but we've seemingly crammed about 2-3 normal months of dating into two weeks. so i'm trying not to get overly excited. trying....so....hard....
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    50918205.jpg

This. Pretty Please?!
    ETA: with a cherry on top?

*taps out*
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I think this thread is rubbing off on me IRL. My co worker had a new shirt and capris on today and I actually told her that she looked super great in them
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

pretty good!!

last night we did a double date, dinner and movie, with my bff and her boyfriend (is it weird that i was giddy for this?).

ETA: i know it's still really early, but we've seemingly crammed about 2-3 normal months of dating into two weeks. so i'm trying not to get overly excited. trying....so....hard....

Yay. That's awesome. You also give me hope :)
  • KylerJaye
    Options

pretty good!!

Yay. That's awesome. You also give me hope :)

aww, you're so sweet! :)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Mr. Mo asked me what I wanted to do tonight before I left for work this morning, and all I could think of was stuffing my face with takeout, and binge watching Breaking Bad. I WANT to do something fun, but that would require a shower since I'll be all sweaty/stinky from working out, and then making an effort to find non-pj clothes. It's too much work.

What about your plan is not fun? I think that sounds like a great evening!

Seconded!

Thirded!! Or maybed fifthed by this point (I'm behind). I binge watched a show called Parenthood. Now am watching Friday Night Lights. (Already watched Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and Sherlock.) I have an ecclectic taste in TV. I :heart: many BBC shows and binge watch them when I can. Like Call the Midwife.

I absolutely loved both Parenthood and Friday Night Lights!!!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Why I do squats. :smiley:

I may have been admiring my backside for an inappropriate amount of time in the dressing room. :smiley:

Yeah! Admire that puppy all you want - you worked hard for it! (Sounds a little creepy - sorry)

Wonder how many FR I'd get if I set that as my profile picture.

Lots!!! :)