Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Coinfession. Whenever I don't see @Susieq_1994 in the morning the song Wake up Little Suzie starts playing in my head.

And now it will start playing in my head from here on out. :)
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    levan11 wrote: »
    I'm considering quitting my job because the boss's son in law that just started working here got a bigger annual bonus than me. This wouldn't be such a big deal if a) the son in law wasn't such a pretentious jerkwad and b) the bonus wasn't for the previous year in which HE DID NOT EVEN WORK HERE. I know I should just set my pride aside and be happy with what I did get but man is that hard to do.

Oh, that STINKS like a dairy barn in the hot August sun!!!!

This made me laugh out loud! Thanks for all of your responses. I guess I can always start looking for a fast food job as the minimum wage for fast food workers just got increased to $15 in New York. I get that people need a living wage but to me this is just ridiculous. That was more than I made when I first started working a couple years ago with a masters degree. Can you tell I feel slighted in all sorts of ways today?! Sorry to be such a downer!

I am also one who envy's the heavy lifters. I love the results that are possible but honestly don't think I would enjoy it very much. I've recently joined a bootcamp class where my muscles are always super sore afterwards so maybe I've found a happy medium. Crossing my fingers I see results soon!

In a place like New York City, how do you live on a wage less than that?

I could definitely understand $15/hr in a place like New York City, but this is for the whole state and I live in rural upstate New York. That wage increase nearly doubles the current minimum wage of $8.75. It just stinks when you spend 6 years and $60,000 on a fancy degree to make the same amount as someone who didn't put that effort in.

I feel like you might be trolling.....but in case you are not:

"At least they listened to us. We're breathing little by little." — Flavia Cabral, 53, a grandmother from the Bronx who works part-time in a McDonald's for $8.75 an hour.

11700831_893919504034438_4563210837702202284_n_zpssomba789.jpg

Why does it matter to you what others make? It makes you angry that someone that works a minimum wage job can now feed their kids AND pay their rent? God forbid! It is not like it is coming out of your pocket! And clearly your degree is not all that fancy if you are making $15 an hour......

sorry, but this is beyond out of line, mean and nasty. :/
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Coinfession. Whenever I don't see @Susieq_1994 in the morning the song Wake up Little Suzie starts playing in my head.

And now it will start playing in my head from here on out. :)

Glad I could help!! ;)
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Ok... I have a fun question for you guys: What do you call soda? Do you call it pop, soda, soft drink, or coke (for all drinks)? I grew up in South Carolina and down there, as far as I'm concerned, pretty much all of us call it soda. I've never heard anyone actually say ''pop.'' And why would you call every soda ''Coke?" Coke is a specific drink!!!

I took a quiz to see where in the US I sound like I'm from. Florida, Maine, and Boston were high up there (Boston, really?). Here's the quiz if you guys want something to do: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html

:lol:

EDIT: Apparently I sound absolutely nothing like people from Detroit.
    EDIT2: Took the quiz again and got three cities in California. No matter what it says Detroit is least similar.

Soda. Always. Half of Pennsylvania says pop and I hate that half. [possible exaggeration]

Newark/Paterson, NJ, New York, NY, and Yonkers, NY.

I was born in north Jersey and lived there until I was 14. This quiz is 3000% accurate. ;)

(Page 1331!)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    So, I need to tell a sweet hubby story since everybody else is.

I love to go dancing. Hubby can not find a beat. He signed us up for private dance lessons so he can dance with me. :grin:
    Last night was the first lesson. This will be a fun little diversion for us.

Awww!

My husband is actually a decent dancer (he used to go to salsa lesson nights at a local bar, presumably to pick up women, in his single days, bahaha) but I am TERRIBLE at it. We've gone to a couple classes with friends but I usually just give up and hang out with a margarita and the husbands who are bad at it too while he dances with my girlfriends. I always feel bad and resolve to try again because I know he enjoys it but I am just terrible. In my next life I'd like to come back as someone who can dance without being a danger to everyone in the vicinity.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    @MoHousdon - save the night out for Saturday and just hang at home. Sounds like the best plan after a work out.

We've got friends coming in town that we're going out with tomorrow night. They've opened a new brewery in town and we're going to check it out. Mr. Mo is VERY excited. I think we will just do the takeout and Breaking Bad thing. If we really put our minds to it, we may even be able to finish the series.

The brewery thing sounds fun!! Try some new stuff for me. I love some specialty beer!! I can't do it that often though because calories. It is an indulgence I look forward to when I go out.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

I love to go dancing. Hubby can not find a beat. He signed us up for private dance lessons so he can dance with me. :grin:

That is awesome!! I would like to take my husband to some dance lessons. He does ok, but I think we could be even better with a little help.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

Very cute!
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    I'd also like to point out that it DOES affect me. That money doesn't come from thin air. Everybody will be paying for it in the form of higher prices for pretty much everything. If I am also not getting a raise, that is a double hit to me. Buttttt this is the last I will say on this matter. Zipping my lips, promise! :|

My mouth is hanging so far open that it might just fall off my face!

Do you not think the prices of things raise during minimum wage freezes? Do you not think it affects those hard working people?

I am literally floored......

I don't care if I get hate for this, but this is one of the reasons so much of the world has such a poor image of Americans and how they think and behave.......

My sister is American, and is a very high up in a very big company and makes a disgusting amount of money, I would be shocked to hear her say something like this.

if she's making a disgusting amount of money, of course she's not going to say anything like that, it doesn't remotely effect her.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

I love this! Tell me how it goes, I've always wanted to do a few classes.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Mr. Mo asked me what I wanted to do tonight before I left for work this morning, and all I could think of was stuffing my face with takeout, and binge watching Breaking Bad. I WANT to do something fun, but that would require a shower since I'll be all sweaty/stinky from working out, and then making an effort to find non-pj clothes. It's too much work.

What about your plan is not fun? I think that sounds like a great evening!

I have to agree.
  • riderfangal
    edited July 2015
    Options

That is very cool!! It's all the wonderful husbands that I hear about on here that give me hope!!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I am SO tired. I was staying up last night watching some cringey compilation videos. Cringey as in it hurts to watch them because you feel so bad for the people in the video (why was I doing it to myself?). I had to take several breaks and in the end I felt like I died a little bit inside. One dude sent his wife away on vacation for a week so he could surprise her with a brand new AMAZING kitchen that he spent $60,000 on. First thing she says? "I hate that color." UNREAL. Instead of commenting on the two stoves she always wanted, she got mad at him for not changing a LIGHTBULB of all things. He worked to make her happy all week and the only things she could do were insult him and nitpick. That video was less cringey and more infuriating.

I don't know why I'm saying all this..... guess the video really stuck with me? :lol: Kindness is important!

Omg, I saw this video...I could NOT believe her reaction!!!

I seriously wanted to slap her when I watched that. I'm telling you, if my hubby sent me off on a vacation AND dropped that much money to give me my dream kitchen, I'd be thanking him profusely, not nitpicking and complaining! Some people just can't be made happy though...

I felt like that video was staged. I saw it a long time ago, it seemed very fake, almost like they were reading their lines. Also, I wouldn't want my hubby redoing my kitchen without my involvement. Maybe that makes me a horrible person, but I want to choose the colors and whatnot together, not take whatever he picks out.

Haven't seen the video but I'd have to say the same about involvement... although perhaps the kitchen is not the room where I should die on my sword since my SO is the cook, lol... but when we met, the kitchen walls in the home my SO owned were flaming orange. In semi-gloss.

Like ORANGE 036.jpg

I couldn't face looking at walls that colour every morning.

Nope, I couldn't either :grimace:
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I'm going to continue with my binge posts and the word ones:

I watch a lot of those House Hunter shows and I've noticed that Americans pronounce foyer as "foy-er". I'm pretty sure all Canadians pronounce it "foy-yay". I get a twitch every time I hear "foy-er" lol

FOY-YAY! I totally understand what you mean when you cringe, I stopped watch home improvement shows for that reason.... I'm also that person that will correct you while you're talking if you pronounce something wrong.

Same. I also can't "like" something on Facebook if it has a spelling or grammatical error.

I've either deleted or hidden most of my friends who talk/spell like they didn't pass grade 4 English.... I'm not a grammar snob by any means but COME ON!

I remember online dating and I just WOULD NOT tolerate a guy messaging me if he had spelling/grammatical errors in the message. OR it would COMPLETELY turn me off to a guy if he had a profile that had spelling/grammatical errors all over it. Lack of punctuation for me is a SERIOUS turn off, even in texts.

"Hey bby how r u doin just saw ur pic an ur hot as fck"

'Nah bro. You're blocked now.'

this! completely!!!!

wut r u up 2?
    ignoring you, that's what i'm up to...
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »

Aww! That's adorable and sweet! I hope you both have a great time!!

Ditto!
    And also, super cute @TigerNY128...good job Mr. NY!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    @KylerJaye How's things with the new man??
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »

I watch a lot of those House Hunter shows and I've noticed that Americans pronounce foyer as "foy-er". I'm pretty sure all Canadians pronounce it "foy-yay". I get a twitch every time I hear "foy-er" lol

FOY-YAY! I totally understand what you mean when you cringe, I stopped watch home improvement shows for that reason.... I'm also that person that will correct you while you're talking if you pronounce something wrong.

Same. I also can't "like" something on Facebook if it has a spelling or grammatical error.

I've either deleted or hidden most of my friends who talk/spell like they didn't pass grade 4 English.... I'm not a grammar snob by any means but COME ON!

I remember online dating and I just WOULD NOT tolerate a guy messaging me if he had spelling/grammatical errors in the message. OR it would COMPLETELY turn me off to a guy if he had a profile that had spelling/grammatical errors all over it. Lack of punctuation for me is a SERIOUS turn off, even in texts.

this! completely!!!!

wut r u up 2?

Haha!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »

this! completely!!!!

wut r u up 2?

Yup. 1000%.

I also remember getting a TON of messages that just said

hey

Um, hey what? Are you just randomly sending a message to hundreds of women to see if you can get a response. My response is "Delete"

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I was down 2 lbs. this morning. I celebrated by eating a donut. I call that winning.

I was going to buy cheesecake later if I lost weight. I think I'm holding onto water weight from my physical therapy workout yesterday so I didn't lose any yet (same thing happened last week but when I checked the next day I was down). I may still go get cheesecake. :)