Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    We have a BIG thunderstorm going through right now. There was a tornado around the city about an hour ago but it didn't touch down, fortunately. I moved my car into the garage and covered my plants just in time - there was hail the size of golf balls for about 5 minutes! EEek!

That IS scary. I'm glad you're alright. Did you happen to get any pictures of the hail. I'm fascinated with summer thunderstorms, but I know they're nothing to play around with.

I love storms, but it probably is because we don't get anything really dramatic here. That hail sounds insane.
    The thunderstorms in Mexico were truly insane. Our last night there, there was a HUUUGE storm which went around us and out to sea. We stood and watched for ages - the lightening strikes lit up the whole ocean (it seemed). Biggest storms I've ever seen, but only at night!

Pictures?! I would have LOVED to see that. I imagine storms on the ocean to the most beautiful things imaginable. I love nature and I have a longing desire to be a nature photographer. Mostly sunrises and sunsets. #sunsetismyfavoritecolor

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Haha when I showed SO the list he was like well we'll cross off half the things on that list but I have no idea what a chocolate frog is (he must be the only person I know who hasn't read Harry Potter!) So I had to explain to him that Harry Potter things were mixed into that list, it was hilarious :)
    Hehe! Which things did he want to cross off? If it's curry, then I'm afraid you need to cancel your trip and cut all ties immediately.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    I confess it always baffles me when someone brings up that I am left handed as it is some rare disease. Any other lefties here?

right here!!
    the "omg, you're left handed?!?!" has gotten a bit old.
    as has the "wow, i never knew you were left handed!"
    ummm....because it doesn't really matter, perhaps?

So much this!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/lefties-unite#.axr0gxRG7

I hate spiral notebooks & binders!

I also remember having a hard time tying my shoes when I was first learning because everyone was trying to show me right handed.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I forgot to share my latest NSV with you.

I went to a baby shower Saturday, and there was homemade cupcakes, veggies and dip, nuts, chocolate covered pretzel sticks, watermelon, pistachio salad, and candy. I filled 2 small plates with veggies and little bit of dip, 1 pretzel, watermelon, mixed nuts, (just a few) 4 buttermints, (which I shared with Mr. Mo) and a small scoop of pistachio salad. I totally skipped the cupcakes!!! I didn't even feel like I was missing out because everyone that ate one, had blue lips and tongue.

Nice! What is pistachio salad? Sounds yummy.

Instant pistachio pudding mix is combined with whipped topping, miniature marshmallows, crushed pineapple, and nuts. This particular salad had a few too many marshmallows for me. I'm sure everyone makes theirs different, but this one was pretty good and not super heavy.

It amazes me what you Americans call salad...

...well....not all of us think of those as "salads". :wink:

I don't consider it salad either, but that's what I know it as.

THIS is a salad to me...minus the tomato, of course.
    jj6msg74ya3z.jpg

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    We have a BIG thunderstorm going through right now. There was a tornado around the city about an hour ago but it didn't touch down, fortunately. I moved my car into the garage and covered my plants just in time - there was hail the size of golf balls for about 5 minutes! EEek!

That IS scary. I'm glad you're alright. Did you happen to get any pictures of the hail. I'm fascinated with summer thunderstorms, but I know they're nothing to play around with.

I love storms, but it probably is because we don't get anything really dramatic here. That hail sounds insane.
    The thunderstorms in Mexico were truly insane. Our last night there, there was a HUUUGE storm which went around us and out to sea. We stood and watched for ages - the lightening strikes lit up the whole ocean (it seemed). Biggest storms I've ever seen, but only at night!

Pictures?! I would have LOVED to see that. I imagine storms on the ocean to the most beautiful things imaginable. I love nature and I have a longing desire to be a nature photographer. Mostly sunrises and sunsets. #sunsetismyfavoritecolor
    Nooo, sorry :( I'm useless.
    I'd love to see some of your pictures!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    @LBuehrle8 Ok, you're off to the UK very soon. Here's your food list! Some Harry Potter related, some just British stuff that you have to try. In no particular order. (And to the Brits: Yes, I know that nobody in the UK eats like this really! Some of these are just things I miss and enjoy when we visit. Feel free to add to Laura's list!)

Treacle Tart
    Bangers & Mash
    Cream cake from a bakery
    Curry from a proper curry house (ideally at 11pm after the pub closes)
    Sherbert lemons
    Bacon sandwich
    'Full English' breakfast
    Cornish pasty
    Trifle
    Chocolate Frog
    Spotted Dick & custard
    Pork pie
    Crumpets
    Cream Tea
    Fish and chips (ideally eaten with fingers on a beach)
    Butterbeer
    Sunday roast (pubs are good if nobody wants to cook)
    Toad In The Hole
    More curry

I have a bag of sherbert lemons by my bed! Not sure why, I bought them and some rhubarb and custards for the plane and only took the others. They're unopened, I don't lie in bed and eat them!

Also, irrelevant to this, but I am right handed, but do a lot with my left hand, and can write legibly with it. I also do my eyeliner on each eye with the corresponding hand. My friends find this really weird.

Lucky I've always wanted to be ambidextrous when it comes to make up!!! My right eye always looks better than my left :s

Preach it, Sister. The number 2 reason I don't often wear makeup. The number 1 reason, I prefer sleeping to looking presentable.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Welcome back @Tubbs216 and @girldownsouth

Buhler - what is the countdown? Have SOOOO much fun!

I leave on Friday woo hoo!! Thank you!!

Oh my gosh! I'm so far behind! So exciting!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    @bkhamill Lily Kay is a beautiful baby!!! Congrats!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I am just a little excited to take my daugher to her check up at the cancer center tomorrow. They have recently had end of treatment bells donated to them and she will get to ring it! After over two years of worry and watching, we ended treatment in June and she has been cancer free since then. She may never really realize how big a thing she has been through, but I know there are parts she will never forget.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I am just a little excited to take my daugher to her check up at the cancer center tomorrow. They have recently had end of treatment bells donated to them and she will get to ring it! After over two years of worry and watching, we ended treatment in June and she has been cancer free since then. She may never really realize how big a thing she has been through, but I know there are parts she will never forget.

How wonderful! I love that. Think of how it will affect people still fighting to hear that bell ring. It will give them hope, too.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Random things I hope to do one day:

1) Kick down a door. Don't know why, it just looks fun. But based on how attempting to kick a fence board down went, I don't think I'll be very good at kicking in doors.

2) Flip a table when I'm mad. Preferably someone else's table, with their stuff on it.

Ooo I've always wanted to do #1 too!!! You're hilarious! :p

My friend emailed me to say she was going to have to cancel a workout, so I sent her this:

pplb7gu3pyx7.jpg

And it made me think of it.

this made me laugh-snort at work. Blowing my cover, @ShibaEars ... it's either you or @MoHousdon getting me in trouble with snickering while I'm s'posed to be doing serious bidness.

It's the consequences of being friends with awesomely funny people.

I hate the way I worded that. Early morning brain. :neutral:

• MoHousdon
    Options

Nooo, sorry :( I'm useless.
    I'd love to see some of your pictures!

I shall post them in the batcave soon. I STILL need to share my vacation pictures. Turns out, I'm useless as well. We can be useless together. :smiley:

• MoHousdon
    Options

Aww, yay! Give little miss a hug and a congratulations from me! That's just so awesome. It brought tears to my eyes. :'( ←See!

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

That made me tear up. So symbolic!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Haha when I showed SO the list he was like well we'll cross off half the things on that list but I have no idea what a chocolate frog is (he must be the only person I know who hasn't read Harry Potter!) So I had to explain to him that Harry Potter things were mixed into that list, it was hilarious :)
    Hehe! Which things did he want to cross off? If it's curry, then I'm afraid you need to cancel your trip and cut all ties immediately.

Haha no no he meant we'll cross them off meaning I'll get to try it at some point! Curry is the first thing he wants me to try he eats it ALL the time, seriously. He's a keeper :)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @LBuehrle8 Ok, you're off to the UK very soon. Here's your food list! Some Harry Potter related, some just British stuff that you have to try. In no particular order. (And to the Brits: Yes, I know that nobody in the UK eats like this really! Some of these are just things I miss and enjoy when we visit. Feel free to add to Laura's list!)

Treacle Tart
    Bangers & Mash
    Cream cake from a bakery
    Curry from a proper curry house (ideally at 11pm after the pub closes)
    Sherbert lemons
    Bacon sandwich
    'Full English' breakfast
    Cornish pasty
    Trifle
    Chocolate Frog
    Spotted Dick & custard
    Pork pie
    Crumpets
    Cream Tea
    Fish and chips (ideally eaten with fingers on a beach)
    Butterbeer
    Sunday roast (pubs are good if nobody wants to cook)
    Toad In The Hole
    More curry

I have a bag of sherbert lemons by my bed! Not sure why, I bought them and some rhubarb and custards for the plane and only took the others. They're unopened, I don't lie in bed and eat them!

Also, irrelevant to this, but I am right handed, but do a lot with my left hand, and can write legibly with it. I also do my eyeliner on each eye with the corresponding hand. My friends find this really weird.

Lucky I've always wanted to be ambidextrous when it comes to make up!!! My right eye always looks better than my left :s

Preach it, Sister. The number 2 reason I don't often wear makeup. The number 1 reason, I prefer sleeping to looking presentable.

HAHAHA I 100% agree with everything in this post.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

YAYYY!! That's such a neat thing, here's to hoping she stays cancer free for a long long time! <3
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I bought coffee today after not having it since being in Punta Cana. Drank two big cups of it and now I'm wide awake despite it being past 1 AM. It was delicious goodness in a mug, but I kind of want to sleep now.
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Ok... I have a fun question for you guys: What do you call soda? Do you call it pop, soda, soft drink, or coke (for all drinks)? I grew up in South Carolina and down there, as far as I'm concerned, pretty much all of us call it soda. I've never heard anyone actually say ''pop.'' And why would you call every soda ''Coke?" Coke is a specific drink!!!

I took a quiz to see where in the US I sound like I'm from. Florida, Maine, and Boston were high up there (Boston, really?). Here's the quiz if you guys want something to do: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html

:lol:

EDIT: Apparently I sound absolutely nothing like people from Detroit.
    EDIT2: Took the quiz again and got three cities in California. No matter what it says Detroit is least similar.

Apparently the use of the word sneakers isolated me to Yonkers, Newark and New York... Guess since I have lived most of my life in that area, except for 15 years between WI and IL, I would say that makes sense!
    On the shoe question I initially put "sneakers" and noticed that one of the options was tennis shoes right after I clicked NEXT. I think that's why it put me as sounding like I'm from Boston... I definitely say tennis shoes way more than sneakers.

I say it like "tenna shoes," even. I suppose that's more southern :tongue:

@FluffySandwich Where did you stay in Punta Cana?? Mr. NY and I are planning to go in October or December!

I know you didn't actually ask me, but I got back on Thursday. We stayed in the Riu Palace Macau, which is an adults only all inclusive, and it was really nice.

Thanks! I am actually just not catching up on posts from the weekend...I saw you went to DR and I was going to ask you about it! How was the food there?? And the beaches? We are definitely wanting an adults only place.

The beach was really nice, there were 5 hotels in our resort, each with their own bit of beach, so you could get a reasonable walk just walking along the seafront. There was some seaweed, but they cleared it up pretty well. There was one buffet restaurant and 4 a la cartes, Japanese, Steakhouse, Italian and Fusion, but they weren't really that a la carte, some had appetisers and dessert that everyone got and you could choose a main from about 4/5, others you could choose 3 courses. The food in all the restaurants was nice, but I got a bit fed with the haphazardness of buffet eating (breakfast and lunch were buffet only) but that would be the same I think in any all inclusive. Our room was nice, the bed was massive, but was basically 2 twins pushed together. The room had all inclusive mini bar and optics of spirits. The bars around were good, and all the staff were really lovely. There were 2 pools, one you could relax or swim a bit in, not that many did, and a pool bar. There was lots going on during the day, sports, aqua aerobics etc and a pool party in the pool bar for an hour or so a couple of times a week. I've seen some people say they thought it was too much, but to be honest I just read my book and tuned it out. There were also some of the watersports included, such as sea kayaking and others you could pay for. Every night there was a show, which was normally dancing, although some nights they did karaoke instead. There was a mix of Americans, Brits, Canadians, Germans, Belgians and other Europeans and South Americans there. I enjoyed it for what it was, I'm not sure I'd rush to go back to an all inclusive resort, but if you're going to the Caribbean that's probably what you are doing, and ours was a nice place. And if you like shows I definitely recommend you go to Coco Bongos one night, and pay the extra for VIP.

Thanks so much for your reply! We are for sure doing an all inclusive, there just seem to be so many to choose from. I really appreciate the info!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

He's not the only one who hasn't read it.. *raises hand*
    And yeah, what is Marmite?

It seems none of the UKians care to answer this, so I will. It's a nasty-looking gunky brown yeast spread that's popular in Australia, and apparently the UK. What I've heard is that you can only love it or hate it--there's no in between. It sounds nasty to me--they sell it here, but I've never tried it. It's also known as Vegemite, I believe.