Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I am just a little excited to take my daugher to her check up at the cancer center tomorrow. They have recently had end of treatment bells donated to them and she will get to ring it! After over two years of worry and watching, we ended treatment in June and she has been cancer free since then. She may never really realize how big a thing she has been through, but I know there are parts she will never forget.

This post makes me unbelievably happy for you both!
    Congrats on her being cancer free! What a strong little girl she must be! I'm sure you will remember the sound of that bell ringing forever! <3<3
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I am just a little excited to take my daugher to her check up at the cancer center tomorrow. They have recently had end of treatment bells donated to them and she will get to ring it! After over two years of worry and watching, we ended treatment in June and she has been cancer free since then. She may never really realize how big a thing she has been through, but I know there are parts she will never forget.

Big yay!! When I showed her picture in the BatCave to my husband, he asked if we could have her. ;) She's adorable and looks like she has a LOT of life in her! I'm glad she's cancer-free to live it to the max. <3
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    I confess it always baffles me when someone brings up that I am left handed as it is some rare disease. Any other lefties here?

right here!!
    the "omg, you're left handed?!?!" has gotten a bit old.
    as has the "wow, i never knew you were left handed!"
    ummm....because it doesn't really matter, perhaps?

So much this!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/lefties-unite#.axr0gxRG7

I hate spiral notebooks & binders!

I also remember having a hard time tying my shoes when I was first learning because everyone was trying to show me right handed.

the worst for me was being forced to use pencils in elementary school.
    the whole side of my hand would be silver, and the notes would be all smeared. ugh
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options

fantastic!!!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    @LBuehrle8 Ok, you're off to the UK very soon. Here's your food list! Some Harry Potter related, some just British stuff that you have to try. In no particular order. (And to the Brits: Yes, I know that nobody in the UK eats like this really! Some of these are just things I miss and enjoy when we visit. Feel free to add to Laura's list!)

Treacle Tart
    Bangers & Mash
    Cream cake from a bakery
    Curry from a proper curry house (ideally at 11pm after the pub closes)
    Sherbert lemons
    Bacon sandwich
    'Full English' breakfast
    Cornish pasty
    Trifle
    Chocolate Frog
    Spotted Dick & custard
    Pork pie
    Crumpets
    Cream Tea
    Fish and chips (ideally eaten with fingers on a beach)
    Butterbeer
    Sunday roast (pubs are good if nobody wants to cook)
    Toad In The Hole
    More curry

Your forgot MARMITE! I love it myself.

:s
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!!
    @Susieq_1994 -Yes she does have a lot of life in her, she rules the roost and knows it! Just offer up supportive thoughts for her kindergarten teacher this fall. That lady is gonna need it with her.

I will try and video the event, as far as make up goes, I may not wear any due to the fact it will be running down my face if I do!!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Okay so what's Marmite?

Stay away from the Marmite! It's eeeevil
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!!
    @Susieq_1994 -Yes she does have a lot of life in her, she rules the roost and knows it! Just offer up supportive thoughts for her kindergarten teacher this fall. That lady is gonna need it with her.

I will try and video the event, as far as make up goes, I may not wear any due to the fact it will be running down my face if I do!!

I have to admit that, having been a nursery and kindergarten teacher myself, I'd be VERY afraid to see that little face in my class. ;) All the support in the world from me to her teacher! :o
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    I confess it always baffles me when someone brings up that I am left handed as it is some rare disease. Any other lefties here?

right here!!
    the "omg, you're left handed?!?!" has gotten a bit old.
    as has the "wow, i never knew you were left handed!"
    ummm....because it doesn't really matter, perhaps?

My dad and little brother are both left handed. He also got my dads blue eyes :disappointed:
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    @LBuehrle8 Ok, you're off to the UK very soon. Here's your food list! Some Harry Potter related, some just British stuff that you have to try. In no particular order. (And to the Brits: Yes, I know that nobody in the UK eats like this really! Some of these are just things I miss and enjoy when we visit. Feel free to add to Laura's list!)

Treacle Tart
    Bangers & Mash
    Cream cake from a bakery
    Curry from a proper curry house (ideally at 11pm after the pub closes)
    Sherbert lemons
    Bacon sandwich
    'Full English' breakfast
    Cornish pasty
    Trifle
    Chocolate Frog
    Spotted Dick & custard
    Pork pie
    Crumpets
    Cream Tea
    Fish and chips (ideally eaten with fingers on a beach)
    Butterbeer
    Sunday roast (pubs are good if nobody wants to cook)
    Toad In The Hole
    More curry

I have a bag of sherbert lemons by my bed! Not sure why, I bought them and some rhubarb and custards for the plane and only took the others. They're unopened, I don't lie in bed and eat them!

Also, irrelevant to this, but I am right handed, but do a lot with my left hand, and can write legibly with it. I also do my eyeliner on each eye with the corresponding hand. My friends find this really weird.

My mom is like this, too. She's right-handed, but she can use her left hand almost as well as she uses her right when she needs to. Growing up, I always thought that was SO weird. :p
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

YAYYY!! That's such a neat thing, here's to hoping she stays cancer free for a long long time! <3

Ditto! I hope she has a blast ringing the bell.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Haha when I showed SO the list he was like well we'll cross off half the things on that list but I have no idea what a chocolate frog is (he must be the only person I know who hasn't read Harry Potter!) So I had to explain to him that Harry Potter things were mixed into that list, it was hilarious :)

He's not the only one who hasn't read it.. *raises hand*
    And yeah, what is Marmite?

It seems none of the UKians care to answer this, so I will. It's a nasty-looking gunky brown yeast spread that's popular in Australia, and apparently the UK. What I've heard is that you can only love it or hate it--there's no in between. It sounds nasty to me--they sell it here, but I've never tried it. It's also known as Vegemite, I believe.

Exactly this! Ignore everyone else! Ha ha
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    So for everyone watching Pretty Little Liars the next two weeks

1. Who do you think or want Charles/Big A to be?
    2. Who do you want Red Coat to be?
    3. Who do you want Black Veil to be?
    4. Who do you think the Uber A will be in the last season?
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options

This is so awesome!
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Awwww I'm so happy for you! This is the best news ever!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @crosbylee That is super great!!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    @crosbylee that is wonderful!

Speaking of good things, I'm currently celebrating a mini win with Raelynn! She's been talking about going to the water park all weekend, so I took her today, and she had a ball! I was worried because it was crowded and she's on the leery side when it comes to water, but she enjoyed every minute of it! No, I didn't get pictures since I was taking every bit of today in, but believe me, this mama has been smiling all day! :smiley:
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    @crosbylee that is wonderful!

Speaking of good things, I'm currently celebrating a mini win with Raelynn! She's been talking about going to the water park all weekend, so I took her today, and she had a ball! I was worried because it was crowded and she's on the leery side when it comes to water, but she enjoyed every minute of it! No, I didn't get pictures since I was taking every bit of today in, but believe me, this mama has been smiling all day! :smiley:

That is fantastic!!! Glad to see her step out of her shell a bit and find something wonderful!! I don't blame you for just enjoying the day with her. Sometimes those memories are the best! :)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 That is super great as well!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Okay to all my British pals- asked the SO what marmite is ( I didn't want to tell him y'all had already told me as he likes explaining those kinds of things to me :)) his reponse- "Eugh marmite is some disgusting vegetable spread. It's slogan is you either love it or hit it which tells you a lot!" I cracked up as this was the same response from a lot of you!