Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: I just ate a peanut butter and jelly doughnut. If possible, I have negative regrets. That was a sound taste bud investment.

Mmm wow didn't know those existed!!

It was just a jelly doughnut with (glorious) peanut butter frosting, but it was absolutely what I needed/wanted.

My local doughnut shop makes a strawberry filled doughnut with peanut butter icing. I miss those. And this year they are making a pumpkin filled with cream cheese icing. I got Mr. Mel.one the other day. It smelled wonderful.

Dear God,

Please let Heaven be filled with these pumpkin donuts when I get there. Thank you.

Love,

Laura

Yes, yes... 1000 times yes.

The only good thing about fall: it's Pumpkin Season.

Blasphemy! I love fall. I can't wait for jacket weather.

ETA: It occurs to me that Canadian fall is probably not what I'd like fall to be. I'll just be over here with my apple cider...

Yep- separated at birth.

I am a fall/winter person. I like sweaters, tights, high boots, etc. I do not like summer clothes. I am always glad when fall hits.

I agree I love seeing how people layer their clothes, their boots, & the different jacks they wear.

Plus it's better to see customers in more clothes rather than seeing less of them.

I enjoy every season but usually by the end of one season I'm ready for the next.
    I'm looking forward to fall and cooler weather.

I enjoy 3 seasons of the year like that. Usually by Christmas I'm sick of winter.

Did you stick to your prelogged dinner drinks? :)

My prelogged drinks? Yes - except there may have been a couple additional bottle cap shooters in there. Still under calories for yesterday even if I log them.

All good! What are bottle cap shooters?

A bottle cap shooter is when you take a glass and put some lime juice in it. Then you put a shot glass of red sour puss (a liqueur) in the glass and drink them both together.

Tastes somewhat like bottle cap candy.

Is that all it is?! Those are one of my favorite shots but I had never learned what was in them.

That's how my sister's friend was making them.
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: I just ate a peanut butter and jelly doughnut. If possible, I have negative regrets. That was a sound taste bud investment.

Mmm wow didn't know those existed!!

It was just a jelly doughnut with (glorious) peanut butter frosting, but it was absolutely what I needed/wanted.

My local doughnut shop makes a strawberry filled doughnut with peanut butter icing. I miss those. And this year they are making a pumpkin filled with cream cheese icing. I got Mr. Mel.one the other day. It smelled wonderful.

Dear God,

Please let Heaven be filled with these pumpkin donuts when I get there. Thank you.

Love,

Laura

Yes, yes... 1000 times yes.

The only good thing about fall: it's Pumpkin Season.

Blasphemy! I love fall. I can't wait for jacket weather.

ETA: It occurs to me that Canadian fall is probably not what I'd like fall to be. I'll just be over here with my apple cider...

Yep- separated at birth.

I am a fall/winter person. I like sweaters, tights, high boots, etc. I do not like summer clothes. I am always glad when fall hits.

I agree I love seeing how people layer their clothes, their boots, & the different jacks they wear.

Plus it's better to see customers in more clothes rather than seeing less of them.

I enjoy every season but usually by the end of one season I'm ready for the next.
    I'm looking forward to fall and cooler weather.

I enjoy 3 seasons of the year like that. Usually by Christmas I'm sick of winter.

Did you stick to your prelogged dinner drinks? :)

My prelogged drinks? Yes - except there may have been a couple additional bottle cap shooters in there. Still under calories for yesterday even if I log them.

All good! What are bottle cap shooters?

A bottle cap shooter is when you take a glass and put some lime juice in it. Then you put a shot glass of red sour puss (a liqueur) in the glass and drink them both together.

Tastes somewhat like bottle cap candy.

Is that all it is?! Those are one of my favorite shots but I had never learned what was in them.

Sounds really sweet?

Actually not sweet at all - sour puss is called that for a reason. I don't do sweet very well.
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    @lilaclovebird good for you!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I was taking Tessa out for our morning walk/run (I decided on interval training). We always walk past this one house and this lady sits on her front porch and when her dogs start barking at Tessa like mad, she "Tsks" at us. EVERY TIME.
    Well my time to 'run' was going to come up in front of this lady's house and I don't want to be judged, glared at, and "tsked" at while running. Not fun. So here's my confession:

I thought of @Italian_Buju and her profile pic and thought to myself, "It doesn't matter what she looks at, judges, or "tsks" at. It's her problem, not mine. I'm lapping her @$$ anyway because all I've ever seen her do is sit on that outdoor couch."

I ran right past her house and she "Tsked" me and I didn't even care. I was doing my body good and she can just sit there and watch me be amazing.

I wonder why she does that.....so strange, and rude!

Well, glad my picture gave you that mindset, cuz personally, I myself would be more inclined to say something rude on my way by, lol.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    This weekend is my birthday weekend (it's actually on Sunday). I was hoping to be under 100kg by now but I've only missed it by a kilo so I'm ok with that.

I am going to eat ALL OF THE FOOD this weekend and have ZERO regrets. :)

Happy birthday!! :)

• ejb060793
    ejb060793 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    I was at work this morning (scribe in the ER) and a patient came via ambulance. He could not breathe and was slowly turning purple. He kept saying how tired he felt. He kept looking at me and I could see so much pain in his eyes. It was rough and the doctor spent an hour or so in his room trying to get him breathing. She did multiple EKGs, lab work, a chest xray, intubation, and was getting ready to helicopter him to a different facility. When my shift ended at 7, he was still there, still alive, and she wasn't sure whether or not she'd still need to fly him. I cried the whole way home. Like, fully crying, to the point where I was gasping for air and making these awful noises. I almost stopped and grabbed a pint of ice cream because I just felt so crappy. Worst part is, I'll never know whether or not he made it alright, unless I see him there again. We don't follow up with patients. Once they're gone, we have no idea what happened unless another doctor calls to update or consult about the patient.

That's so sad! Hopefully the patient is okay. I actually applied to be a scribe in an children's ER here in Fort Worth. Hoping it works out! How do you like it?

I really love the job. That was the first time I had a legitimate breakdown after work. I'm working for ScribeAmerica (not sure if company makes any difference). Our shifts are 9 hours during the day (7-4, 9-6, 3-12, 5-2) or 8 hours overnight (11-7). We only have 2 scribe computers and have some overlap where we need 3, so we're required to show up 10 - 15 minutes early to get ready and find a computer (usually steal one of the ones the nurses are on). We are required to take 30 minutes unpaid for a break, and the pay is eh ($10/hr after training [or whatever state minimum wage is if it's higher than $10/hr], minimum wage during training). We use the Cerner system which works well. I've learned a lot though and keep learning every day. We've had so many unique cases come in and it's always interesting to see what they consider an emergency (there's 5 color-codings of emergency... light blue, blue, green, yellow, red, with reds being true emergencies). If you're offered the job, I recommend taking it, as the experience alone is well worth it.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I was taking Tessa out for our morning walk/run (I decided on interval training). We always walk past this one house and this lady sits on her front porch and when her dogs start barking at Tessa like mad, she "Tsks" at us. EVERY TIME.
    Well my time to 'run' was going to come up in front of this lady's house and I don't want to be judged, glared at, and "tsked" at while running. Not fun. So here's my confession:

I thought of @Italian_Buju and her profile pic and thought to myself, "It doesn't matter what she looks at, judges, or "tsks" at. It's her problem, not mine. I'm lapping her @$$ anyway because all I've ever seen her do is sit on that outdoor couch."

I ran right past her house and she "Tsked" me and I didn't even care. I was doing my body good and she can just sit there and watch me be amazing.

I wonder why she does that.....so strange, and rude!

Well, glad my picture gave you that mindset, cuz personally, I myself would be more inclined to say something rude on my way by, lol.

Are you sure she is tisksing at you and not her dog for barking
  • raymax4
    Options
    I confess I'm a home wrecker......

Today as I was out walking I noticed a pretty blue gray bird by the side of the lake and as I passed, I watched it fly off it was beautiful.
    When I turned my face forward again I did so just in time to see the middle of a rather large spider web. It spanned over my head to mid chest.

First of all I'm sorry spider for wrecking your very close knit large web. I'm sure it took along time to make. I hope you have enough web to build another one

Secondly. Shriek, wild thrashing about with my arms trying to get it off of me, and dear God please don't let that spider be on me.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Today as I was out walking I noticed a pretty blue gray bird by the side of the lake and as I passed, I watched it fly off it was beautiful.
    When I turned my face forward again I did so just in time to see the middle of a rather large spider web. It spanned over my head to mid chest.

First of all I'm sorry spider for wrecking your very close knit large web. I'm sure it took along time to make. I hope you have enough web to build another one

Secondly. Shriek, wild thrashing about with my arms trying to get it off of me, and dear God please don't let that spider be on me.

Yikes! I'm not even afraid of spiders but I'd be doing the same...
  • raymax4
    Options
    office and when I called his office they stated that it was not ordered.

He explained that I could change this with changes in my diet and exercise.
    When I complained my legs hurt all the time his answer was, “You don’t have to do a lot just start moving some. Then add exercises as you can.

After a search of food diaries on July 4 I started with MFP I started with an average of 6621 steps a day felt exhausted and slept a lot. Last week my average was 10442

I started just logging what I ate making sure it was under my calorie goals but making sure I ate my protein goals. I continued to eat what I wanted. I have not been hungry or did I feel deprived. On average my splits were 40% carb 30%protein, and 30% fat

Today at my follow up visit my doctor

Yikes! I'm not even afraid of spiders but I'd be doing the same...
    Decorated for Halloween and it's not even October.
  • raymax4
    Options
    I dint know how that first part got there
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    I don't know how that first part got there

It happens. It's weird.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

All of this made me laugh. You go girl!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    I was at work this morning (scribe in the ER) and a patient came via ambulance. He could not breathe and was slowly turning purple. He kept saying how tired he felt. He kept looking at me and I could see so much pain in his eyes. It was rough and the doctor spent an hour or so in his room trying to get him breathing. She did multiple EKGs, lab work, a chest xray, intubation, and was getting ready to helicopter him to a different facility. When my shift ended at 7, he was still there, still alive, and she wasn't sure whether or not she'd still need to fly him. I cried the whole way home. Like, fully crying, to the point where I was gasping for air and making these awful noises. I almost stopped and grabbed a pint of ice cream because I just felt so crappy. Worst part is, I'll never know whether or not he made it alright, unless I see him there again. We don't follow up with patients. Once they're gone, we have no idea what happened unless another doctor calls to update or consult about the patient.

I hate that for you. You do your best to help people and you never really know what happens when your done.

Oh my word! I would so have lost it...
  • ejb060793
    ejb060793 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins It's definitely one of the roughest parts of the job. One of my neighbors (lives in the same town, not sure exactly where) came in with a "brain bleed" after taking a pretty nasty fall not too long ago and I know he got flown, just not sure what happened afterwards. Funnily enough, the next day, someone asked me if I knew where that guy lived, because they were looking for his house and had the wrong address, and I couldn't tell them anything about it! I had to just say "oh no, I've never met/heard of him, sorry!" because otherwise I'd be violating HIPAA, since I have access to names, addresses, DOB, last 4 of SSN, what a person admits to for drug/alcohol/tobacco/sex/family/home, all medical records received... a lot of personal info :neutral: I would have usually told them to go up to the store and ask there, but it was like 10PM and I'm pretty sure it was his son...
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    NSV! After feeling bright, sprightly and energetic all day (this can almost certainly be directly attributed to the gorgeous spring weather), I got to the ice rink, and on my second warm-up lap...tripped on my toepick at speed and landed heavily on my right knee. It hurt like crazy, and I can still barely put weight on it, so end of the session for me.

The NSV came afterwards, though. On my way home, I was sulking and grumbling and got in the turning lane to go get my favourite takeaway (not quite grief bacon, more like frustration bacon)...and then I said "NO!" and got out of the turning lane and drove straight home and had my planned dinner!

(I did have a big bowl of ice cream that fit into my calories, too!)
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    We don't have pumpkin flavoured ANYTHING here. We don't even have tinned pumpkin. You can buy fresh ones around Halloween but that's about it (and I think we have pumpkin soup!). I don't really know what it tastes of. Another thing to try if I ever make it to the USA again.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    ericGold15 wrote: »
    This is the best thread at MFP, hands down. Thank you to all the brave and honest souls.

My all-grown-up daughter reminded me the other day that one Halloween she woke up the morning after to find a pile of wrappers in the living room. My explanation that I was saving her from the ravages of candy did not go over well.

Must remember to buy her a pile of chocolate when she visits during the holidays.

Ah, the memories.
    I have saved my family from the ravages of chocolate many times over the years

You are all heroes!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    NSV! After feeling bright, sprightly and energetic all day (this can almost certainly be directly attributed to the gorgeous spring weather), I got to the ice rink, and on my second warm-up lap...tripped on my toepick at speed and landed heavily on my right knee. It hurt like crazy, and I can still barely put weight on it, so end of the session for me.

The NSV came afterwards, though. On my way home, I was sulking and grumbling and got in the turning lane to go get my favourite takeaway (not quite grief bacon, more like frustration bacon)...and then I said "NO!" and got out of the turning lane and drove straight home and had my planned dinner!

(I did have a big bowl of ice cream that fit into my calories, too!)

Yay!! That's a wonderful NSV! :)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Awesome.