Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    That's my friend Mo "will work for doughnuts"

Only good ones though. None of that Krispy Kreme crap!

Amen. Preach it, sister!

You two crack me up. It's been years since I ate a doughnut

I feel compelled to eat one in your honor. Any specific requests?

While I don't like doughnuts and can't eat them anymore, I am curious about the DunkinDonut Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Square. Can you try one of those and report back?

I would try that...if there were Dunkin Donuts in Idaho. :'(

Wut? There are no Dunkin Donuts at all? I can't even wrap my brain around that. I pass 4 of them on my 10 mile commute to work.

ETA that if I go three more blocks up the road once I reach my office, there's another one.

Well if it makes @quiksylver296 feel better, we just got Dunkin a few years ago here too so maybe they will expand to you someday. We don't seem to have too many yet but I've been seeing them around more lately. They are now my go-to coffee shop. I used to be a Starbucks girl but rarely go there anymore.

When my town got a Starbucks a few people said that location would go out business, but I always notice people with Starbucks drinks & I know a lot of my coworkers hit them up before work or on their lunch.

If I liked coffee I would get one every now & then, but for the calories of the drinks I would rather eat either food or go to Dairy Queen.
    Yes you could have korean for the calories that you use at Starbucks!
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I think there are some Tim Hortons in the US, but they are on every corner here. Timmie's is as Canadian as hockey and poutine.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I had a butter tart tonight-with pecans in it and I am diabetic and watch my blood sugars. One-every once in awhile is ok but just ok
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Amen. Preach it, sister!

While I don't like doughnuts and can't eat them anymore, I am curious about the DunkinDonut Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Square. Can you try one of those and report back?

Wut? There are no Dunkin Donuts at all? I can't even wrap my brain around that. I pass 4 of them on my 10 mile commute to work.

ETA that if I go three more blocks up the road once I reach my office, there's another one.

Well if it makes @quiksylver296 feel better, we just got Dunkin a few years ago here too so maybe they will expand to you someday. We don't seem to have too many yet but I've been seeing them around more lately. They are now my go-to coffee shop. I used to be a Starbucks girl but rarely go there anymore.

When my town got a Starbucks a few people said that location would go out business, but I always notice people with Starbucks drinks & I know a lot of my coworkers hit them up before work or on their lunch.

If I liked coffee I would get one every now & then, but for the calories of the drinks I would rather eat either food or go to Dairy Queen.

I buy my coffee from a locally owned shop, when I don't make it at home. I have become friends with the owners, plus they have great food and ice cream.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    meritage4 wrote: »
    I had a butter tart tonight-with pecans in it and I am diabetic and watch my blood sugars. One-every once in awhile is ok but just ok

That sounds really good. I am glad you watch your sugars and have learned moderation.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Amen. Preach it, sister!

I'm not sure that would be a good thing!!! LOL
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I ate 2 donuts after my workout last night and STILL came in under calories AND hit my protein goal!et8gjpj5b4yv.gif

Yeah, baby! That's how you do it!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Here's a confession.

I used to LOVE Quest Bars. Seriously, scroll through about 1000 pages back and you'll see my praise of them. But now that I've tried protein bars that have a decent taste AND texture, I have come to the conclusion that I do not like Quest Bars AT ALL. :open_mouth:

So what ones do you like now?

http://www.bestbarever.com/

$30 for SIX?!? I'll stick with Combat Crunch. Holy crap.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Confession - I ate chocolate cake for breakfast. So freaking good with my coffee!

That sounds lovely.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Here's a confession.

I used to LOVE Quest Bars. Seriously, scroll through about 1000 pages back and you'll see my praise of them. But now that I've tried protein bars that have a decent taste AND texture, I have come to the conclusion that I do not like Quest Bars AT ALL. :open_mouth:

Where are you getting $30 for 6? It's $20.94 for 6...
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Here's a confession.

My bad, but still ouchie.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Here's a confession.

That is what I pay for Quest bars......
    What the hell is 'original' flavor though, lol.
    I have never seen these here.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Mo - I cannot seem to find the macros on it.....is that listed anywhere, or can you share?
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Confession - I ate chocolate cake for breakfast. So freaking good with my coffee!

Sounds wonderful
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    @orangesmartie HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Here's a confession.

That is what I pay for Quest bars......
    What the hell is 'original' flavor though, lol.
    I have never seen these here.....

Original flavor is dried fruit and nuts. It's good, but I like the chocolate ones better!
    x2w3brscmo54.png
    cihc8oet2ywn.jpg
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Here's a confession.

My bad, but still ouchie.

If you join their club, they're under $3 a bar. Totally worth it, but I'm willing to pay almost $4 a bar because they are just that good!
  • raymax4
    Options

I agree, Yum
  • raymax4
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Mo - I cannot seem to find the macros on it.....is that listed anywhere, or can you share?

If you click on each bar you can see the nutritional info and ingredients on each. I did not get that the first try either.
    The other bars have less fat than the original.