Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I've never hired a PT.

But, I was just discussing hiring a powerlifting coach and competing with my hubby last night. And he seems to think that's a great idea. So, that might happen! :#

TAMI! When are you thinking of competing? It's a goal of mine for 2017, aka wana bulk and trade pointers together?!

Keep reading. ;):p

BUT TAMIIII, also this fitsquad thing is going to be the death of me. I gained 2 pounds, I'm NOT amused. HMPH lol

What is fitsquad? You guys have mentioned it a few times?

It's an 8-week team challenge on bodybuilding.com. Vix, Mart, me and a couple other people teamed up. Biggest losers, as a team, win. Our team doesn't seem very motivated as a whole. I did this last year, too. I think I posted pictures at the end.

Oh I'm sorry I missed this, team challenge just my sort of motivator
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    POF did you get a space in the London Marathon? I saw Nicci missed out :(

ETA Nikki is my cousin :#

Nope I was rejected. I'll try next year!

Ah no!! Do you know why? I didn't even know you could get rejected until I saw that Nicci was.

Too many applicants, something like 200,000applications for 38,000 places. Charities get guaranteed places but you have to raise a minimum of £2000 for one of those places

Oh! My cousin ran it last year and I wondered why she said she felt guilty for raising money. She wanted to run it because she loves running and wanted to say she did it once, but I didn't realise the reason why she felt guilty. She was kinda doing it for herself, but the only way she was guaranteed a space was to raise the money. It all makes sense now. Well, she still managed to raise over £2,000 for Charity (I can't remember which one) which is never a bad thing really.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    The Batcave is super quiet, it's really sad. Some people came back after the fall out, but it was only for a week or so and they left again. :(

I have found lately it is quite busy in there. I missed like two days and had nearly 200 posts to catch up on.....

200 over 2 days isn't much really, not as much as it was in the beginning anyway.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Ah no!! Do you know why? I didn't even know you could get rejected until I saw that Nicci was.

Too many applicants, something like 200,000applications for 38,000 places. Charities get guaranteed places but you have to raise a minimum of £2000 for one of those places

Oh! My cousin ran it last year and I wondered why she said she felt guilty for raising money. She wanted to run it because she loves running and wanted to say she did it once, but I didn't realise the reason why she felt guilty. She was kinda doing it for herself, but the only way she was guaranteed a space was to raise the money. It all makes sense now. Well, she still managed to raise over £2,000 for Charity (I can't remember which one) which is never a bad thing really.

I had to do this the 2nd time I ran Boston and I also felt guilty as I was really just raising it for me. So I know exactly how she feels. I'll keep trying the lottery this time.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Miss you Quik! <3 Was it you that was saying about Powerlifting on FB the other day? You could definitely do that!

Hi, Lois!!! I miss you, too!!! <3

Yeah, hubby and I discussed me hiring a powerlifting coach. He's totally on board with it, but he got moved to night shift before I could go contact the coach. So, with son's sports, I can't make it work right now.

Awww that's a shame, I guess at least you didn't start and then have to stop? I hope this does happen though!

Me, too. I'm still doing what I can on my own at the gym, focusing on form so that if I do go to a coach he won't think I'm completely screwed up! LOL

How long do you think you will have to wait? I've 100% bailed on lifting. I wanted to get on it before Christmas, but in hindsight, I probably wont have time over Christmas soooo... New Years Resolution? I just know how much the DOMS hurt and stopping and starting is so not fun. I need to find a new gym closer to the flat.

Are you moved in now?

Yup! It was rather a dramatic exit but it happened at the beginning of October. It'll be three weeks tomorrow. :smiley:

Yay! Congratulations.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Thanks, Mo. (Blushes)

Agreed with Mo. You like great!

Thanks, Patricia.
    I think I must still have body image issues, though. I like the dress, but I was picking on my own hips in this photo and almost didn't post it.

There is nothing wrong with your hips! you look great.

Thanks, Wendy. :blush:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Raising funds for a worthy cause is always a net good. If you do it because you want to run 26.2 miles, I don't understand you, but I will likely donate if I can squeeze it into the budget.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    The Batcave is super quiet, it's really sad. Some people came back after the fall out, but it was only for a week or so and they left again. :(

I have found lately it is quite busy in there. I missed like two days and had nearly 200 posts to catch up on.....

200 over 2 days isn't much really, not as much as it was in the beginning anyway.

I guess just cuz I struggle to find time to catch up it is to me. Not like when things were first going south.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    A new desserts only restaurant is opening tonight downtown. My family and I are going to have pizza, then head over for dessert! I confess, I am more excited about this than I have any right to be!

dinner
    http://www.picassospizzerias.com/
    dessert
    https://www.facebook.com/milkfloat/
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    A new desserts only restaurant is opening tonight downtown. My family and I are going to have pizza, then head over for dessert! I confess, I am more excited about this than I have any right to be!

dinner
    dessert

That looks AWESOME!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    The owner's wife just went around handing out goodie bags for National Chocolate Day! I got a double chocolate cookie, a piece of chocolate licorice, and 3 dark chocolate Hershey's Kisses! None of which will be logged!

3bvlvsbsjn3a.jpg
  • Oberon21
    Options
    The owner's wife just went around handing out goodie bags for National Chocolate Day! I got a double chocolate cookie, a piece of chocolate licorice, and 3 dark chocolate Hershey's Kisses! None of which will be logged!

3bvlvsbsjn3a.jpg

That was nice!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

dinner
    dessert

That looks awesome!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited October 2016
    Options

3bvlvsbsjn3a.jpg

That was nice!

Yes, it was. I should buy myself some Bellafina today. (My friend Brenda is a chocolatier. Bellafina is her store/brand.)

ETA: www.bellafinachocolates.com
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Confession: I ate half a pint of Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Cookie Core - after leftover Chinese food for dinner.

NSV: I only ate half the pint, not the whole.

Note: Ben and Jerry's PB Cookie Core is NOT The Tonight Dough, and I was hugely disappointed. The store I stopped at didn't have The Tonight Dough. If it had, I would likely have eaten the whole pint.

I haven't had any of these. I don't miss ice cream at all. I stopped eating it years ago and before I went vegan when I would have it I had lost the taste for it. It made me want to brush my teeth.

These words are foreign to me

Definitely foreign to me as well.

Pof have you ever tried any of the vegan ice creams? I know there's almond milk & coconut flavored ice creams out there.

I have I have! There is an amazing Cashew Milk one here in Canada <3
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Confession - Whenever I see a thread titled "Does anyone here ever _________?" (Insert whatever fitness/dietary thing you can think of in the blank.), I just want to go in and type NO.

NO - No one on this entire website has ever tried Stronglifts 5X5
    NO - No one on this entire website weighs themselves every day
    NO - No one on this entire website hates running
    NO - No one on this entire website has ever tried Plexus/Beach Body/Garcinia Cambogia/Raspberry Ketones/etc ad nauseum

Just a vent I need to get out. >:)

NO - No one on this entire website has ever experienced increase appetite or water weight gain due to their menstrual cycle.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Confession: I ate half a pint of Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Cookie Core - after leftover Chinese food for dinner.

NSV: I only ate half the pint, not the whole.

Note: Ben and Jerry's PB Cookie Core is NOT The Tonight Dough, and I was hugely disappointed. The store I stopped at didn't have The Tonight Dough. If it had, I would likely have eaten the whole pint.

I haven't had any of these. I don't miss ice cream at all. I stopped eating it years ago and before I went vegan when I would have it I had lost the taste for it. It made me want to brush my teeth.

These words are foreign to me

Definitely foreign to me as well.

Pof have you ever tried any of the vegan ice creams? I know there's almond milk & coconut flavored ice creams out there.

I have I have! There is an amazing Cashew Milk one here in Canada <3

I've wanted to try this one for forever, but none of the stores in my surrounding area carries it.

th?id=OIP.Mf5ecf2e211349fe53a073f42bc056f99o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Confession - Whenever I see a thread titled "Does anyone here ever _________?" (Insert whatever fitness/dietary thing you can think of in the blank.), I just want to go in and type NO.

NO - No one on this entire website has ever tried Stronglifts 5X5
    NO - No one on this entire website weighs themselves every day
    NO - No one on this entire website hates running
    NO - No one on this entire website has ever tried Plexus/Beach Body/Garcinia Cambogia/Raspberry Ketones/etc ad nauseum

Just a vent I need to get out. >:)

NO - No one on this entire website has ever experienced increase appetite or water weight gain due to their menstrual cycle.

I can't believe how many people actually post topics about that.