Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Miss you Quik! <3 Was it you that was saying about Powerlifting on FB the other day? You could definitely do that!

Hi, Lois!!! I miss you, too!!! <3

Yeah, hubby and I discussed me hiring a powerlifting coach. He's totally on board with it, but he got moved to night shift before I could go contact the coach. So, with son's sports, I can't make it work right now.

Awww that's a shame, I guess at least you didn't start and then have to stop? I hope this does happen though!

Me, too. I'm still doing what I can on my own at the gym, focusing on form so that if I do go to a coach he won't think I'm completely screwed up! LOL

How long do you think you will have to wait? I've 100% bailed on lifting. I wanted to get on it before Christmas, but in hindsight, I probably wont have time over Christmas soooo... New Years Resolution? I just know how much the DOMS hurt and stopping and starting is so not fun. I need to find a new gym closer to the flat.

Are you moved in now?

Yup! It was rather a dramatic exit but it happened at the beginning of October. It'll be three weeks tomorrow. :smiley:

Ah sorry I missed it but congratulations!

I'm just in the process of selling my flat and moving :(

Ooooh have you had an offer then? That has taken quite a while hasn't it?

Yes, its been ages. Its more complicated because its shared ownership, so theres a whole other vetting process any potential buyer has to go through. This is my second buyer, the first one pulled out because of the selfish neighbour who causes access difficulties to my garage. But this buyer has passed all the vetting and is so keen to get going, we may be done and dusted in 4 weeks. I am really dreading the whole packing thing

Oh gosh I really hope you are in by Christmas! I found it was worth packing stuff up already and storing it. We had boxes at mum and dads, family friends etc. could you take bits to your other place just to pack it and get it out of the way until you can bring it back?
    I have all my fingers and toes crossed that it goes smoothly for you! <3

I'm not actually moving into another house just yet. I haven't found anywhere that I want to buy. So I'm putting all my stuff in storage and I'll stay with my parents on weekends, as I'm only in Devon on weekends/holidays for the moment. I'll keep looking for a house down there for me, but I'm not in a rush, I have the luxury of somewhere to live at all times, so I'm going to be picky about buying a new house, and I can put my current mortgage payments to my deposit. I have started packing but having boxes everywhere was stressing me out and until we got the contracts out, i didn't want to pack too much in case it fell through and i had to start again.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Confession: I ate half a pint of Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Cookie Core - after leftover Chinese food for dinner.

NSV: I only ate half the pint, not the whole.

Note: Ben and Jerry's PB Cookie Core is NOT The Tonight Dough, and I was hugely disappointed. The store I stopped at didn't have The Tonight Dough. If it had, I would likely have eaten the whole pint.

I haven't had any of these. I don't miss ice cream at all. I stopped eating it years ago and before I went vegan when I would have it I had lost the taste for it. It made me want to brush my teeth.

These words are foreign to me

Definitely foreign to me as well.

Pof have you ever tried any of the vegan ice creams? I know there's almond milk & coconut flavored ice creams out there.

I have I have! There is an amazing Cashew Milk one here in Canada <3

I've wanted to try this one for forever, but none of the stores in my surrounding area carries it.

th?id=OIP.Mf5ecf2e211349fe53a073f42bc056f99o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Find this one. I is realllly good.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I have to confess, I think I am going to need to ban all ice cream and sugar from my diet. Things have gotten out of hand, I fear, and it does not look good.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I declare that the 31st is not the day for my computer to die again. Fingers crossed it is fixed or I may go postal on it.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Confession: I ate half a pint of Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Cookie Core - after leftover Chinese food for dinner.

NSV: I only ate half the pint, not the whole.

Note: Ben and Jerry's PB Cookie Core is NOT The Tonight Dough, and I was hugely disappointed. The store I stopped at didn't have The Tonight Dough. If it had, I would likely have eaten the whole pint.

I haven't had any of these. I don't miss ice cream at all. I stopped eating it years ago and before I went vegan when I would have it I had lost the taste for it. It made me want to brush my teeth.

These words are foreign to me

Definitely foreign to me as well.

Pof have you ever tried any of the vegan ice creams? I know there's almond milk & coconut flavored ice creams out there.

I have I have! There is an amazing Cashew Milk one here in Canada <3

I've wanted to try this one for forever, but none of the stores in my surrounding area carries it.

th?id=OIP.Mf5ecf2e211349fe53a073f42bc056f99o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Find this one. I is realllly good.

This looks reallllly good!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    My company emails just had this in it, thougt I would share:

Did you know that the celebration of Halloween dates back over 2,000 years? It originated during Celtic times in areas we now know as Ireland, the United Kingdom and Northern France. The holiday continued over time and was even celebrated in the colonies, but it wasn’t until the 1950’s that America started celebrating the holiday as we now know it.

Fun Facts:
    • Halloween is the 2nd most commercially successful holiday, with up to 6 billion dollars being spent each year on candy, costumes and decorations
    • Candy corn was invented in 1898 by the Herman Goelitz Confectionary Company of Fairfield, CA - now called Jelly Belly
    • Becoming one of the most famous lines in Peanuts history, the phrase “I got a rock”, was said during the It’s a Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown special in 1966
    • UNICEF began its Trick or Treat for UNICEF in 1950 – a charity that benefits children abroad
    • Hallmark ranks Halloween 6th for cards, with over 20 million Halloween themed cards being distributed each holiday – In comparison 1.5 billion cards are distributed during Christmas
    • In Belleville, IL it’s illegal for kids over 12 to trick or treat, with fines totaling $100-$1,000 per offense
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

Did you know that the celebration of Halloween dates back over 2,000 years? It originated during Celtic times in areas we now know as Ireland, the United Kingdom and Northern France. The holiday continued over time and was even celebrated in the colonies, but it wasn’t until the 1950’s that America started celebrating the holiday as we now know it.

Fun Facts:
    • Halloween is the 2nd most commercially successful holiday, with up to 6 billion dollars being spent each year on candy, costumes and decorations
    • Candy corn was invented in 1898 by the Herman Goelitz Confectionary Company of Fairfield, CA - now called Jelly Belly
    • Becoming one of the most famous lines in Peanuts history, the phrase “I got a rock”, was said during the It’s a Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown special in 1966
    • UNICEF began its Trick or Treat for UNICEF in 1950 – a charity that benefits children abroad
    • Hallmark ranks Halloween 6th for cards, with over 20 million Halloween themed cards being distributed each holiday – In comparison 1.5 billion cards are distributed during Christmas
    • In Belleville, IL it’s illegal for kids over 12 to trick or treat, with fines totaling $100-$1,000 per offense

And to add to that fun fact, in Bathhurt Manitoba they have a bylaw that makes it illegal for kids at the age of 14 and trick or treating is over at 7pm! (see legalise below)
    The Council of the City of Bathurst duly assembled under the authority vested in it by the Municipalities Act enacts the following: 1. Halloween shall be celebrated on the 31st day of October each year. 1.. 2. Door to door soliciting (trick or treating) shall not take place after 19:00 hrs. Facial disguises will not be permitted in public after 19:00 hrs.. 3. No person(s) over the age of 14 yrs. shall take part in door to door soliciting (trick or treating) in the City of Bathurst. 3 4. By virtue of the Provincial Offences Procedure Act of the Province of New Brunswick every person who commits an offence under this By-law is liable to a minimum fine of eighty dollars ($80.00) and maximum fine of two hundred dollars ($200.00) Provisions of the Provincial Offences Procedures for Young Persons Act applies for a young person or a child.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Fun Facts:

And to add to that fun fact, in Bathhurt Manitoba they have a bylaw that makes it illegal for kids at the age of 14 and trick or treating is over at 7pm! (see legalise below)
    The Council of the City of Bathurst duly assembled under the authority vested in it by the Municipalities Act enacts the following: 1. Halloween shall be celebrated on the 31st day of October each year. 1.. 2. Door to door soliciting (trick or treating) shall not take place after 19:00 hrs. Facial disguises will not be permitted in public after 19:00 hrs.. 3. No person(s) over the age of 14 yrs. shall take part in door to door soliciting (trick or treating) in the City of Bathurst. 3 4. By virtue of the Provincial Offences Procedure Act of the Province of New Brunswick every person who commits an offence under this By-law is liable to a minimum fine of eighty dollars ($80.00) and maximum fine of two hundred dollars ($200.00) Provisions of the Provincial Offences Procedures for Young Persons Act applies for a young person or a child.

I find it interesting they can limit people who can trick or treat. I guess in a way it prevents people from scoping your house to rob it or something, but I'd laugh if someone 18 or 20 showed up at my house looking for treats.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Fun Facts:

This is why I don't wear costumes on Samhain. (Halloween) They were originally to hide you from the dead, especially family members, who might have reason to haunt you. I am a Celt on three sides - Irish, Scots, Welsh. (The other side is Cherokee.) I have family members I miss, but none I feel the need to hide from.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

Fun Facts:

Ironically most people in the UK have shunned Halloween. I was so grateful that I live in a flat, we didn't get pestered once last night. So I would say fact No.1 doesn't apply to the UK. :#
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    We went to the gym to avoid trick or treaters. Mrs S hates Halloween as it's also her birthday . All her parties as a kid were Halloween themed and more about parents sending their kids so they wouldn't trick or treat. So she feels her birthday was always forgotten.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    We "celebrated" Halloween by buying the kind of candy we like and watching scary movies on the couch, eating that same candy. No costumes. Too far out in the boonies for trick-or-treaters. It was perfect.

I love trick or treating. I miss it. I haven't done it in years and years. All my nieces and nephews have been too far away. :(
  • Oberon21
    Options
    We went to the gym to avoid trick or treaters. Mrs S hates Halloween as it's also her birthday . All her parties as a kid were Halloween themed and more about parents sending their kids so they wouldn't trick or treat. So she feels her birthday was always forgotten.

Kind of like a Christmas birthday. Bummer for her.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    That sounds really sucky. Hopefully you both had a good night anyway.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Kind of like a Christmas birthday. Bummer for her.

I know what that's like...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Every-freaking-body brought their extra Halloween candy to work. I've had two Twix, two Butterfingers, two Milky Ways, and two Whoppers so far, and it's not even lunch time yet. Grrr!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Every-freaking-body brought their extra Halloween candy to work. I've had two Twix, two Butterfingers, two Milky Ways, and two Whoppers so far, and it's not even lunch time yet. Grrr!

Ya know, just cuz it's there, doesn't mean you have to eat it. :wink: There are 3 candy dishes around my office, but I refuse to waste precious delicious points on sub-par candies.

Be strong! Resist temptation and the devil shall flee! :smiley:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

Ya know, just cuz it's there, doesn't mean you have to eat it. :wink: There are 3 candy dishes around my office, but I refuse to waste precious delicious points on sub-par candies.

The Whoppers, Butterfingers, and Milky Ways (which used to be one of my all-time favorites) were sub-par. The Twix were totally worth it!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

The Whoppers, Butterfingers, and Milky Ways (which used to be one of my all-time favorites) were sub-par. The Twix were totally worth it!

They usually are! Just log it, and move on.