Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I've never hired a PT.

But, I was just discussing hiring a powerlifting coach and competing with my hubby last night. And he seems to think that's a great idea. So, that might happen! :#

TAMI! When are you thinking of competing? It's a goal of mine for 2017, aka wana bulk and trade pointers together?!

Keep reading. ;):p

BUT TAMIIII, also this fitsquad thing is going to be the death of me. I gained 2 pounds, I'm NOT amused. HMPH lol

What is fitsquad? You guys have mentioned it a few times?

It's an 8-week team challenge on bodybuilding.com. Vix, Mart, me and a couple other people teamed up. Biggest losers, as a team, win. Our team doesn't seem very motivated as a whole. I did this last year, too. I think I posted pictures at the end.

Ah. Yes I remember now.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I've never hired a PT.

But, I was just discussing hiring a powerlifting coach and competing with my hubby last night. And he seems to think that's a great idea. So, that might happen! :#

TAMI! When are you thinking of competing? It's a goal of mine for 2017, aka wana bulk and trade pointers together?!

Keep reading. ;):p

BUT TAMIIII, also this fitsquad thing is going to be the death of me. I gained 2 pounds, I'm NOT amused. HMPH lol

What is fitsquad? You guys have mentioned it a few times?

Bodybuilding.com has a group competition to drop weight etc. We joined with a facebook group called The Locker Room II, that's the short of it :)

Got it.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Binged and binged hard tonight- the only positive thing I can say is that I logged all of it, which disgusts me so much I hope to God to never repeat it.

What frustrated me the most is that even when I was fat I never did things like this! But today all day I knew it was going to happen :( . Our 4 year old wanted to make Halloween sugar cookies and I said we could because I don't want them to have some weird, compromised childhood because mommy let herself get to 250lbs once upon a time. But as soon as I made the buttercream I knew I was *kitten*.

I held off for so long too which is the most ridiculous part. My husband went to bed, the kids were asleep, my stupid *kitten* should've just gone to bed but no and bam 4000 calories. I am so disgusted and disappointed in myself. My rational mind is screaming, "Stop!" and I couldn't stop....what is wrong with me?

Anyway this is the only place I'll post about (I am way too embarassed to even tell my husband) this debacle. Seeing my doctor in the morning, all the even vaguely potentially trigger foods are in a bag to give to the church tomorrow and just hoping I get myself together.

I hope that discussing this with your doctor helps you feel better.
    I do this 2 or 3 days a week about 3 times a year. I did it this week. I didn't log it and I don't care. And I have learned not to beat myself up over it. 24 years ago, my binge would have led to a purge by exercise. Actually, I purged by exercise even when I didn't binge. I had to learn a whole new way to think, and was forced to stick with it when I got pregnant with my oldest.

Tips: 1) go to bed when your family does. If eating in secret is your downfall, don't be alone with the food. 2) keep something that you can't get food on in your hands - I match socks or cross-stitch 3) go for a walk BEFORE you eat. Often, just getting away from temptation is enough to defeat it. If not, at least I walked some of it off.

Yesterday I went on a serious carb binge and then went to the gym and lifted with my husband. It was a serious overage in calories. I know it. Cookies, caramel dip for apples (just the dip, no fruit) and biscuits. I am still not hungry. I won't eat until I am.

You are not alone. Keep coming back to this thread. The people here are some of dearest friends now because they really don't judge confessions like yours and mine.

Great response Mel!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Confession: I ate half a pint of Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Cookie Core - after leftover Chinese food for dinner.

NSV: I only ate half the pint, not the whole.

Note: Ben and Jerry's PB Cookie Core is NOT The Tonight Dough, and I was hugely disappointed. The store I stopped at didn't have The Tonight Dough. If it had, I would likely have eaten the whole pint.

I haven't had any of these. I don't miss ice cream at all. I stopped eating it years ago and before I went vegan when I would have it I had lost the taste for it. It made me want to brush my teeth.

Ice cream and chocolate - those are my jam. :D

Mine too!

I want to try this one!

30341689802_750655b21d_z.jpg?resize=480%2C640&ssl=1
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Why is it that when I get up and get dressed in the morning in a dress that requires heels, everyone in my office seems awestruck? I admit that I am usually a sandals or boots girl (depending on the weather), but for the love of Pete, it's a pair of shoes!

I think that confession requires a photo!

I had the same reaction when I wore a pair of heels to work.

I remember when I wore heels to work I wanted to die from how much my feet hurt.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    You guys still playing Bingo on this?

:D
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Confession: I ate half a pint of Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Cookie Core - after leftover Chinese food for dinner.

Note: Ben and Jerry's PB Cookie Core is NOT The Tonight Dough, and I was hugely disappointed. The store I stopped at didn't have The Tonight Dough. If it had, I would likely have eaten the whole pint.

I haven't had any of these. I don't miss ice cream at all. I stopped eating it years ago and before I went vegan when I would have it I had lost the taste for it. It made me want to brush my teeth.

These words are foreign to me

Definitely foreign to me as well.

Pof have you ever tried any of the vegan ice creams? I know there's almond milk & coconut flavored ice creams out there.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

These words are foreign to me

Definitely foreign to me as well.

Pof have you ever tried any of the vegan ice creams? I know there's almond milk & coconut flavored ice creams out there.

No. Since I really have no interest in it I have never bothered to look for any.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Why is it that when I get up and get dressed in the morning in a dress that requires heels, everyone in my office seems awestruck? I admit that I am usually a sandals or boots girl (depending on the weather), but for the love of Pete, it's a pair of shoes!

I remember when I wore heels to work I wanted to die from how much my feet hurt.

Well you are on your feet all day! I couldn't do that either. I mostly sit all day.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

I am not on my feet all day. I could walk a mile in those shoes (I have done it beforel, but I don't enjoy doing it. It's not the height, it's the shape of the toes.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Binged and binged hard tonight- the only positive thing I can say is that I logged all of it, which disgusts me so much I hope to God to never repeat it.

What frustrated me the most is that even when I was fat I never did things like this! But today all day I knew it was going to happen :( . Our 4 year old wanted to make Halloween sugar cookies and I said we could because I don't want them to have some weird, compromised childhood because mommy let herself get to 250lbs once upon a time. But as soon as I made the buttercream I knew I was *kitten*.

I held off for so long too which is the most ridiculous part. My husband went to bed, the kids were asleep, my stupid *kitten* should've just gone to bed but no and bam 4000 calories. I am so disgusted and disappointed in myself. My rational mind is screaming, "Stop!" and I couldn't stop....what is wrong with me?

Anyway this is the only place I'll post about (I am way too embarassed to even tell my husband) this debacle. Seeing my doctor in the morning, all the even vaguely potentially trigger foods are in a bag to give to the church tomorrow and just hoping I get myself together.

I hope that discussing this with your doctor helps you feel better.
    I do this 2 or 3 days a week about 3 times a year. I did it this week. I didn't log it and I don't care. And I have learned not to beat myself up over it. 24 years ago, my binge would have led to a purge by exercise. Actually, I purged by exercise even when I didn't binge. I had to learn a whole new way to think, and was forced to stick with it when I got pregnant with my oldest.

Tips: 1) go to bed when your family does. If eating in secret is your downfall, don't be alone with the food. 2) keep something that you can't get food on in your hands - I match socks or cross-stitch 3) go for a walk BEFORE you eat. Often, just getting away from temptation is enough to defeat it. If not, at least I walked some of it off.

Yesterday I went on a serious carb binge and then went to the gym and lifted with my husband. It was a serious overage in calories. I know it. Cookies, caramel dip for apples (just the dip, no fruit) and biscuits. I am still not hungry. I won't eat until I am.

You are not alone. Keep coming back to this thread. The people here are some of dearest friends now because they really don't judge confessions like yours and mine.

Great response Mel!

Thanks. It's an honest one, at least.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Confession I just looked up the list for the 25 Days Of Christmas movies.

https://www.25daysofchristmastv.com/Schedule

Of course I'll have to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Mo. (Blushes)

Agreed with Mo. You like great!

Thanks, Patricia.
    I think I must still have body image issues, though. I like the dress, but I was picking on my own hips in this photo and almost didn't post it.

There is nothing wrong with your hips! you look great.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    The Batcave is super quiet, it's really sad. Some people came back after the fall out, but it was only for a week or so and they left again. :(

I have found lately it is quite busy in there. I missed like two days and had nearly 200 posts to catch up on.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I can't get into ANY of the super hero TV shows. Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, or whatever that one is with Agent Coulson and Ming-Na Wen. Agents of Shield! That's what it's called.

Give me The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Superstore, and Empire! And of course TWD & SOA. :love:
    Oh yeah......
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Miss you Quik! <3 Was it you that was saying about Powerlifting on FB the other day? You could definitely do that!

Hi, Lois!!! I miss you, too!!! <3

Yeah, hubby and I discussed me hiring a powerlifting coach. He's totally on board with it, but he got moved to night shift before I could go contact the coach. So, with son's sports, I can't make it work right now.

Awww that's a shame, I guess at least you didn't start and then have to stop? I hope this does happen though!

Me, too. I'm still doing what I can on my own at the gym, focusing on form so that if I do go to a coach he won't think I'm completely screwed up! LOL

How long do you think you will have to wait? I've 100% bailed on lifting. I wanted to get on it before Christmas, but in hindsight, I probably wont have time over Christmas soooo... New Years Resolution? I just know how much the DOMS hurt and stopping and starting is so not fun. I need to find a new gym closer to the flat.

Are you moved in now?
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    I confess I have never seen one episode of The Walking Dead, and I don't think I will. The Arrow has just come back and I have this to catch up on...

I've watched the first episode of walking dead twice, didn't get on with it

• orangesmartie
    Options
    POF did you get a space in the London Marathon? I saw Nicci missed out :(

ETA Nikki is my cousin :#

Nope I was rejected. I'll try next year!

I'll try with you x
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    POF did you get a space in the London Marathon? I saw Nicci missed out :(

ETA Nikki is my cousin :#

Nope I was rejected. I'll try next year!

Ah no!! Do you know why? I didn't even know you could get rejected until I saw that Nicci was.

Too many applicants, something like 200,000applications for 38,000 places. Charities get guaranteed places but you have to raise a minimum of £2000 for one of those places