Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I almost bought vegan icecream at walmart on Tuesday but resisted as I knew the pint wouldn't last the night in spite of the "4 servings" calorie count.

Have you tried Tofutti Marry Me ice cream bars? They're really good! Not sure if they have them at Walmart though..

I haven't tried any vegan ice cream. I'm scared to. Portion control and self will with food isn't a strong point. I do NOT need to start thinking about yummy ice cream. But I LOVE the name of those bars. So cute! I see that Talenti ice cream you guys used to talk about everywhere now.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I almost bought vegan icecream at walmart on Tuesday but resisted as I knew the pint wouldn't last the night in spite of the "4 servings" calorie count.

Which brand?

I can't remember. It just said dairy free on the front. I took it out of the freezer and studied it for several minutes debating the calories and the fact it was tiny pint and it said 4 servings. I knew I'd never eat it in 4 servings so sadly I put it back.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Have you tried Tofutti Marry Me ice cream bars? They're really good! Not sure if they have them at Walmart though..

I haven't tried any vegan ice cream. I'm scared to. Portion control and self will with food isn't a strong point. I do NOT need to start thinking about yummy ice cream. But I LOVE the name of those bars. So cute! I see that Talenti ice cream you guys used to talk about everywhere now.

Ahh, gotcha! I'm bad with portion control..so I get it!
    I've never tried Talenti either.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    All the men in the building (specifically within the mortgage company) is sick with man colds, it first started with my boss and now it's alll over. I'm hiding out front with tons of lysol and music so I don't hear the whining :D

One of the men in my office came into work desperately sick yesterday. Stupid. I said the same thing...don't you dare make me sick! Stay home! In today's world of telecommuting there is no reason to come in.

This is my thoughts exactly! Especially since they all work in mortgages, you can do that stuff from home unless you have a meeting with clients (there was no meetings) so now I'm in the office with a scratchy throat and don't have the luxury of working from home. HMPH!

Obviously, HIPAA laws make working from home a non-starter in my job. They would go broke buying us all secure laptops. And yet they have these draconian attendance rules so that people come to work sick. (It's a whole point if you stay home and a third of one point if you leave early.) Working in a hospital, we get exposed to everything anyway, but I want to bleach my desk everyday.

Same with Walmart. New hires only get four points (they might have to be there 90 days or longer to make it the full nine) & if they go over that then they get fired. If you're late it's 1/2 point (you can be late up to nine minutes). A no call/no show will give you an automatic four points.

I never heard of a point system for attendance?

We have one. Mostly, I think, it's to keep clinical staff from calling in sick on holidays. Understaffed EDs and I used on Christmas are the pits. So are maternity wards (a thing I have experienced, personally.)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    All the men in the building (specifically within the mortgage company) is sick with man colds, it first started with my boss and now it's alll over. I'm hiding out front with tons of lysol and music so I don't hear the whining :D

One of the men in my office came into work desperately sick yesterday. Stupid. I said the same thing...don't you dare make me sick! Stay home! In today's world of telecommuting there is no reason to come in.

This is my thoughts exactly! Especially since they all work in mortgages, you can do that stuff from home unless you have a meeting with clients (there was no meetings) so now I'm in the office with a scratchy throat and don't have the luxury of working from home. HMPH!

Obviously, HIPAA laws make working from home a non-starter in my job. They would go broke buying us all secure laptops. And yet they have these draconian attendance rules so that people come to work sick. (It's a whole point if you stay home and a third of one point if you leave early.) Working in a hospital, we get exposed to everything anyway, but I want to bleach my desk everyday.

Same with Walmart. New hires only get four points (they might have to be there 90 days or longer to make it the full nine) & if they go over that then they get fired. If you're late it's 1/2 point (you can be late up to nine minutes). A no call/no show will give you an automatic four points.

I never heard of a point system for attendance?

We have one. Mostly, I think, it's to keep clinical staff from calling in sick on holidays. Understaffed EDs and I used on Christmas are the pits. So are maternity wards (a thing I have experienced, personally.)

"I used" is supposed to be "ICUs" I hate auto correct.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I have two pints (OK, a pint and a half left) of B&J's The Tonight Dough, a pint of Talenti Chocolate Brownie, a half-pint left of Talenti Cookie Dough, a half-gallon of Tillamook S'mores, and a container of Edy's Texas Pecan Pie. I've been on a serious ice cream kick.

And none of that would last in my house.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I literally have no food in my house. Because it doesn't last. You would think at 48 I would be able to control it, but nope. If I know it's there it must be eaten.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I have two pints (OK, a pint and a half left) of B&J's The Tonight Dough, a pint of Talenti Chocolate Brownie, a half-pint left of Talenti Cookie Dough, a half-gallon of Tillamook S'mores, and a container of Edy's Texas Pecan Pie. I've been on a serious ice cream kick.

Nice. I so want to find the new Ben & Jerry's Birthday Cake flavor (thinking it's called Confetti Cake) & I'm a little ticked that Blue Bunny didn't re-release Holidoodle this year.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Omg, Kelly! Holidoodle was AMAZING last year!! Seriously one of the best ice cream flavors I've ever had!!!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

I literally have no food in my house. Because it doesn't last. You would think at 48 I would be able to control it, but nope. If I know it's there it must be eaten.

I'm the same when I have tempting stuff in the house. I can only keep my regular foods here. No special treats allowed unless I plan for them to be eaten that very same day.
    I would be really bad if I always ate out at restaurants though. That's when I treat myself. If someone else is going to cook me a meal, it's going to be delicious and lots of calories! :p
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I further confess that I understand today why some mammals eat their young. Teenagers are awful.

So are 4 year olds!
    Thankfully, 5 doesn't seem so bad. Granted, he's only been 5 for 4 days, but it's been a great 4 days! :)

It has been a while since I had a 4 year old, but I currently have a 16 and a 19 year old and there is too stinking much testosterone in my house and on my nerves. And today the 10 year old is joining right in.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    And Oreo truffles (the pictures posted in the wrong order).

lubuaoi6jwzr.jpg
    6nxbwldcfwvi.jpg
    dsftepvw0eqh.jpg
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Tami, are the Oreo truffles just 1 package of crushed Oreos mixed with 1 block of cream cheese and covered in chocolate? I'm thinking of making them. Thanks! They look great, by the way. And the Ninjabread cookies are adorable!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    And Oreo truffles (the pictures posted in the wrong order).

lubuaoi6jwzr.jpg
    6nxbwldcfwvi.jpg
    dsftepvw0eqh.jpg

I used to make something similar with peanut butter, crushed graham crackers, confectionary sugar. Rolled into a ball then covered in melted chocolate and I would freeze them. They tasted like Reese's peanut butter cups. Mmmm