Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

I have counted the pieces of popcorn I have eaten.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.

I love the attention to detail. Ever think of running a B&B with weekend classes on calorie counting?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I almost bought vegan icecream at walmart on Tuesday but resisted as I knew the pint wouldn't last the night in spite of the "4 servings" calorie count.

Have you tried Tofutti Marry Me ice cream bars? They're really good! Not sure if they have them at Walmart though..

I haven't tried any vegan ice cream. I'm scared to. Portion control and self will with food isn't a strong point. I do NOT need to start thinking about yummy ice cream. But I LOVE the name of those bars. So cute! I see that Talenti ice cream you guys used to talk about everywhere now.

Ahh, gotcha! I'm bad with portion control..so I get it!
    I've never tried Talenti either.

I literally have no food in my house. Because it doesn't last. You would think at 48 I would be able to control it, but nope. If I know it's there it must be eaten.

I'm the same when I have tempting stuff in the house. I can only keep my regular foods here. No special treats allowed unless I plan for them to be eaten that very same day.
    I would be really bad if I always ate out at restaurants though. That's when I treat myself. If someone else is going to cook me a meal, it's going to be delicious and lots of calories! :p

Same!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    I confess that I don't know how I'm going to survive running restrictions (emergency appendectomy on Wednesday)- this is hell!

Sorry to hear that! Glad you are ok!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    petunia773 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I sent out my cards this year. I hope there haven't been too many address changes!

I got mine!!! Thanks so much!

Yay!!! Glad to see you!!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I sent out my cards this year. I hope there haven't been too many address changes!

I have a few updated addresses I can send you an updated spreadsheet with the few I have. I'll email it to you.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I have completely lost my Christmas cheer. That or I have a really, really, really bad case of the Mondays. Complete witch mode. >:) I'm trying to hold it together at work without going postal on anyone.

I hear ya! I got no sleep, my morning workout was grindy as all heck. I just want to sleep!

Me 3. And I have to take a friend out to dinner tonight as a payback for her helping me when I was hut when I fell off my horse. And all I want to do is go home and hibernate.

Ugh that's even worse! My plan is to go home, shovel my driveway then pass out. I don't like people today it's fine haha

It was ok. I deliberately picked a restaurant that would go quick then went home to bed. :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I got cards from so many of you, I can't even list them all without accidentally leaving someone out. Thanks to everyone! I felt so loved! <3
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Santa just got me new lifting shoes (and he doesn't even know it yet)! Go, Boise State!

7a0j37yfr4lk.jpg
    BSU.jpg 459.4K
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I got cards from so many of you, I can't even list them all without accidentally leaving someone out. Thanks to everyone! I felt so loved! <3

<3

I get paranoid mine don't make it across the pond, there's always one that goes astray :( and we've got a postal strike over here
  • Oberon21
    edited December 2016
    Options

I got quite a few as well...and I got yours Nicci! Thanks all. <3
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Ack three more days till Christmas :o.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Guys, only five pages until 1900!!!

Holy crap! I wonder if we can reach 2000 before the end of the year?!

A better question is, can we make it to 2017 in time for the end of the year?!

Guys, we aren't anywhere near this. Post more, STAT! ;)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    We might not even make 2000, which was the first number, right?
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Yep. Unless people get reeeeally inspired to post some holiday-related confessions. :p
  • quiksylver296
    edited December 2016
    Options

Yep. Unless people get reeeeally inspired to post some holiday-related confessions. :p

That other thread went crazy quick, huh? WOW!

For those of you not in-the-know... (Nevermind, OP edited out most of her comments)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10490878/hypothyroidism-and-weight-loss/p1
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to Son 2! Thanks y'all for being here with me during the crazy passing out days.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Happy birthday to Son 2! Thanks y'all for being here with me during the crazy passing out days.

Happy birthday to him!!!