Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Where'd everybody go? :o I can't talk to myself for the next 80 pages! :D

I'm here :)

Yay! More confessions? :p

Ooh, I've got one:
    I confess that I've been putting more time into stepping than household chores lately. The house has been getting pretty much just a lick and a promise while I dive into piles of Kindle books and start to step!

I confess I'm very upset with Mrs S and her attitude to household chores are the moment. It's been a stressful few weeks as I've been in Devon every weekend to pack up the house for moving. She promises every week to clean the bathroom and change the bedlinen, but when I get home after 4-5 days, she's done nothing, I mean literally nothing, not even loaded the dishwasher with dishes from when I left on the Thursday. I've ended up doing everything, as well as all cooking and washing. And the reason? Because she's totally obsessed with an online war game and cannot/will not put it down. On weekends she is literally spending hours and hours playing it. It's really getting me down.

Ooh that is not good. Those games are crazy obsessive. I don't get it at all (as I check MFP all day and in our heyday spent hours reading posts). Maybe sit her down and talk it out?

I used to play Sims 3 and I'd spend hoooours of my day playing it. But when I got married I consciously chose to stop playing it because I knew it was way too much of a timesuck. Fine for a teen with nothing better to do, but it wouldn't be fair to my husband if I did that now.
  • Domomallow
    Domomallow Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Domomallow wrote: »
    On a binge, I have eaten an entire large pizza by myself.

On one of my binge days, I decided to log it, and I reached nearly 10,000 calories.

Hm. I SHOULD log binges.. just to show me how ridiculous I'm being... but I am usually feeling naughty and don't log either.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Another page! Yay! I wonder if I'm going to get thrown into some kind of "too much posting in too little time" jail.

Is that a thing? :#
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Ooh, I've got one:
    I confess that I've been putting more time into stepping than household chores lately. The house has been getting pretty much just a lick and a promise while I dive into piles of Kindle books and start to step!

Can we trade? I have to get on a training conference call shortly and am not looking forward to it. More time to post, though!

Trade, no, your call sounds awful. However, I invite you to play hooky and join me! I have lots of books to go around. :D

Ooh, yes please!!

Come on over! We're having breakfast-for-dinner tonight! ;) (It's nearly 11 PM here, in case you didn't know that I live across the world.)
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I actually have two scales. One lives at work, the other at home. ;)

I lug mine along every time I go to a friend's house for lunch or dinner. She probably thinks I'm insane, but she doesn't seem to mind!

I am at my mom's atm and first thing packed was the food scale lol. When I was weighing food post-surgery my MIL stared at me like I was crazy

If I weighed my food in front of my MIL, I think she'd try to get me put into a psych ward for insanity. ;) She doesn't quite get the whole CICO thing!

I pack my weight scale when I travel. Most people think I'm nuts.

I'm the bad kid who hasn't been using my scale as much as I should (although I have a LONG way to go so it doesn't hurt me as much as it would at a lower weight). Really need to get back to weighing everything again.
  • quiksylver296
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    LMAO

I'm very old ;)

Duly noted! ;) Will you tell me your old username? It's gonna bug me all night!

Jinx!

error-program-rabbit-not-found_c_1224743.jpg

RABBITJAB!!! Am I right?!? Am I right?!? @Sued0nim

ETA: Dangit. I was slower than LeeAnn.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Another page! Yay! I wonder if I'm going to get thrown into some kind of "too much posting in too little time" jail.

Is that a thing? :#

Happened to me once here when I was posting pictures. It's a spam-stop sort of thing, if you're posting too many posts in a small amount of time they stop you from posting anything for like five minutes!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

Been there, done that....
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Ooh, I've got one:

I confess I'm very upset with Mrs S and her attitude to household chores are the moment. It's been a stressful few weeks as I've been in Devon every weekend to pack up the house for moving. She promises every week to clean the bathroom and change the bedlinen, but when I get home after 4-5 days, she's done nothing, I mean literally nothing, not even loaded the dishwasher with dishes from when I left on the Thursday. I've ended up doing everything, as well as all cooking and washing. And the reason? Because she's totally obsessed with an online war game and cannot/will not put it down. On weekends she is literally spending hours and hours playing it. It's really getting me down.

Ooh that is not good. Those games are crazy obsessive. I don't get it at all (as I check MFP all day and in our heyday spent hours reading posts). Maybe sit her down and talk it out?

I've tried, on more than one occasion. She acknowledges she's obsessed and makes an effort not to play if I'm around. But if I'm not around....all I get are excuses as to why things are not done.

So why am I on mfp at 7.30pm on a Thursday night? Because she's gone upstairs to play her game.

Sorry. :(
  • ivygirl1937
    Options

Ooh, I've got one:

Can we trade? I have to get on a training conference call shortly and am not looking forward to it. More time to post, though!

Trade, no, your call sounds awful. However, I invite you to play hooky and join me! I have lots of books to go around. :D

Ooh, yes please!!

Come on over! We're having breakfast-for-dinner tonight! ;) (It's nearly 11 PM here, in case you didn't know that I live across the world.)

I love breakfast for dinner, that sounds awesome! If only I could afford the last-minute airfare. :lol:

And you know, some threads are worth lurking in for almost two years. :smiley:
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I went for my walk at lunch. I'm back.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

Ooh, I've got one:

I used to play Sims 3 and I'd spend hoooours of my day playing it. But when I got married I consciously chose to stop playing it because I knew it was way too much of a timesuck. Fine for a teen with nothing better to do, but it wouldn't be fair to my husband if I did that now.

When we went to turkey last month we had to go meet a friend she made from this game (I couldn't complain. I make her meet mfp folks lol) and his girlfriend told me he is exactly the same. Playing into the early hours of the morning, ignoring people round them.

I wish I could just not bother. But believe me, our house was like a disgusting student house.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

On one of my binge days, I decided to log it, and I reached nearly 10,000 calories.

Hm. I SHOULD log binges.. just to show me how ridiculous I'm being... but I am usually feeling naughty and don't log either.

I'm like that, too. But I know from personal experience that if I log it WHILE it's happening, I stop a lot sooner. The numbers start to scare me!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Ooh, I've got one:

I confess that my housekeeping angel retires on Monday, and I'm not sure I remember how to keep up the house. ;) I need a new housekeeping angel.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

Ooh, I've got one:

I confess I'm very upset with Mrs S and her attitude to household chores are the moment. It's been a stressful few weeks as I've been in Devon every weekend to pack up the house for moving. She promises every week to clean the bathroom and change the bedlinen, but when I get home after 4-5 days, she's done nothing, I mean literally nothing, not even loaded the dishwasher with dishes from when I left on the Thursday. I've ended up doing everything, as well as all cooking and washing. And the reason? Because she's totally obsessed with an online war game and cannot/will not put it down. On weekends she is literally spending hours and hours playing it. It's really getting me down. It's the same in the evenings after work.

My husband is usually stuck with his nose in his phone from the time he gets home until we go to bed. Meanwhile, I cook and clean up. It is frustrating, I completely understand. I think I need to have a good talk with him about this before I get irrationally angry at him. I mean, really, can you not see that I need some help here??
  • ivygirl1937
    Options

Usually when I log a binge, I find it's not as bad as I thought it was in my head. For some reason that helps.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I step on the scale several times a week- and only report my findings if I lost something.

Isn't that how you're SUPPOSED to do it?!? :D
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Ooh, I've got one:

I confess I'm very upset with Mrs S and her attitude to household chores are the moment. It's been a stressful few weeks as I've been in Devon every weekend to pack up the house for moving. She promises every week to clean the bathroom and change the bedlinen, but when I get home after 4-5 days, she's done nothing, I mean literally nothing, not even loaded the dishwasher with dishes from when I left on the Thursday. I've ended up doing everything, as well as all cooking and washing. And the reason? Because she's totally obsessed with an online war game and cannot/will not put it down. On weekends she is literally spending hours and hours playing it. It's really getting me down. It's the same in the evenings after work.

I understand this one! Hubby gets sucked into games, too...
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I actually have two scales. One lives at work, the other at home. ;)

I lug mine along every time I go to a friend's house for lunch or dinner. She probably thinks I'm insane, but she doesn't seem to mind!

I am at my mom's atm and first thing packed was the food scale lol. When I was weighing food post-surgery my MIL stared at me like I was crazy

If I weighed my food in front of my MIL, I think she'd try to get me put into a psych ward for insanity. ;) She doesn't quite get the whole CICO thing!

I pack my weight scale when I travel. Most people think I'm nuts.

I'm the bad kid who hasn't been using my scale as much as I should (although I have a LONG way to go so it doesn't hurt me as much as it would at a lower weight). Really need to get back to weighing everything again.

I do that now and then, but I try not to let it become a habit. Some days I won't weigh my bread or my eggs or whatever. But I'm not bad enough to let cheese or peanut butter or pasta go. ;)
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Ooh, I've got one:

I've tried, on more than one occasion. She acknowledges she's obsessed and makes an effort not to play if I'm around. But if I'm not around....all I get are excuses as to why things are not done.

So why am I on mfp at 7.30pm on a Thursday night? Because she's gone upstairs to play her game.

Dislike. :/