Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Where'd everybody go? :o I can't talk to myself for the next 80 pages! :D

I'm here :)

Yay! More confessions? :p

Ooh, I've got one:
    I confess that I've been putting more time into stepping than household chores lately. The house has been getting pretty much just a lick and a promise while I dive into piles of Kindle books and start to step!

I confess that my housekeeping angel retires on Monday, and I'm not sure I remember how to keep up the house. ;) I need a new housekeeping angel.

I want Santa to bring me a housekeeping angel. I am really tired trying to keep it all up by myself!!!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Confession: I should be wrapping up the book keeping for one of the companies here right now but instead I am looking at workout clothes.... I have a procrastination problem this week haha
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Lately I have been hiding from the scale, with the super heavy lifts I've been doing I find that my weight is higher than what I had expected. I have some crazy anxiety over the whole weight gain thing so I stepped away for my own sanity.

But you're a hard-core, superwoman lifter, so there's that!!! ;)
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

Ooh, I've got one:
    I confess that I've been putting more time into stepping than household chores lately. The house has been getting pretty much just a lick and a promise while I dive into piles of Kindle books and start to step!

I confess I'm very upset with Mrs S and her attitude to household chores are the moment. It's been a stressful few weeks as I've been in Devon every weekend to pack up the house for moving. She promises every week to clean the bathroom and change the bedlinen, but when I get home after 4-5 days, she's done nothing, I mean literally nothing, not even loaded the dishwasher with dishes from when I left on the Thursday. I've ended up doing everything, as well as all cooking and washing. And the reason? Because she's totally obsessed with an online war game and cannot/will not put it down. On weekends she is literally spending hours and hours playing it. It's really getting me down. It's the same in the evenings after work.

I feel for you. My husband would fire me if I neglected the house lol
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Domomallow wrote: »
    On a binge, I have eaten an entire large pizza by myself.

On one of my binge days, I decided to log it, and I reached nearly 10,000 calories.

Hm. I SHOULD log binges.. just to show me how ridiculous I'm being... but I am usually feeling naughty and don't log either.

Usually when I log a binge, I find it's not as bad as I thought it was in my head. For some reason that helps.

Mine are usually worse. Once, I went to a Turkish restaurant and managed to log about 4000 calories in one meal. How? Pita bread and hummus. I didn't even have dessert!

Oh, yeah, restaurant meals are always worse, could easily get that high.
  • Domomallow
    Domomallow Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been hiding from the scale, with the super heavy lifts I've been doing I find that my weight is higher than what I had expected. I have some crazy anxiety over the whole weight gain thing so I stepped away for my own sanity.

That's the RIGHT kind of gain though. Muscle is great!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Hey alll!
    Currently procrastinating on book keeping (I'm learning the ropes for work). I think I need another coffee soon too, I've had three but I am just lagging hard today!

I had four. Five is my cut off, but I won't have that many today.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

Been there, done that....

I'm not sure I'm even CAPABLE of eating a whole pizza anymore.
    I get pretty full after about three slices now... Not that I miss it.
    That moment of feeling so full you could throw up and then hiding the evidence of the box... no bueno.

I think I could still do a whole large pizza. Not gonna try it, though.

I don't even need to try to know that I absolutely can! I put away a whole 8x8 chocolate fudge cake with buttercream frosting just last month... and that was IN ADDITION to my regular meals.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

I think with the progress you have made, the scale is the last thing you should be using to evaluate yourself. Progress in your personal bests and measurements would be a better guage for you.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

But you're a hard-core, superwoman lifter, so there's that!!! ;)

Haha I am getting there! I'm going to be buying a belt soon! :open_mouth:
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Been there, done that....

I'm not sure I'm even CAPABLE of eating a whole pizza anymore.
    I get pretty full after about three slices now... Not that I miss it.
    That moment of feeling so full you could throw up and then hiding the evidence of the box... no bueno.

I'm far too familiar with that feeling of shame and guilt. :(
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I just read most of that thread and :open_mouth:

And you even missed out on the posts she edited...

Yeah just a bunch of >:)

She went totally nuts on Quik before she went nuts on me. :D

Obviously she doesn't know that Quik is a armed and dangerous, even without her service pistol.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »

Ooh, I've got one:

I confess I'm very upset with Mrs S and her attitude to household chores are the moment. It's been a stressful few weeks as I've been in Devon every weekend to pack up the house for moving. She promises every week to clean the bathroom and change the bedlinen, but when I get home after 4-5 days, she's done nothing, I mean literally nothing, not even loaded the dishwasher with dishes from when I left on the Thursday. I've ended up doing everything, as well as all cooking and washing. And the reason? Because she's totally obsessed with an online war game and cannot/will not put it down. On weekends she is literally spending hours and hours playing it. It's really getting me down. It's the same in the evenings after work.

I feel for you. My husband would fire me if I neglected the house lol

Oh, man! I would have been fired about 18.75 years ago... :D
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Confession: I should be wrapping up the book keeping for one of the companies here right now but instead I am looking at workout clothes.... I have a procrastination problem this week haha

I bought a gym tank yesterday that said, "I hit the gym so I won't hit you," and the Boise State chucks. Yeah, much more internet shopping than work happening.

Bwahaha!! Tell me you have the link for that tank because I need it!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Yum, I've done that many times. :#
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

On one of my binge days, I decided to log it, and I reached nearly 10,000 calories.

Hm. I SHOULD log binges.. just to show me how ridiculous I'm being... but I am usually feeling naughty and don't log either.

I'm like that, too. But I know from personal experience that if I log it WHILE it's happening, I stop a lot sooner. The numbers start to scare me!

That's a good idea. I know it scares me when I start logging bad days.
    Mostly because I know I can burn about 300 or so on the elliptical pretty easily but when the food I'm eating is 1000 calories- there's no way I'm spending that much time at the gym.

Takes a lot more time to burn 1000 calories than it does to eat them.

Yep, it sure does. When I get 25,000 steps I get about 600 extra calories to play with... That's not gonna cover a 6000 calorie binge. :neutral:
  • quiksylver296
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hey alll!
    Currently procrastinating on book keeping (I'm learning the ropes for work). I think I need another coffee soon too, I've had three but I am just lagging hard today!

I had four. Five is my cut off, but I won't have that many today.

:o:#:o I don't think anyone could handle me if I had four coffees.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    As for holiday related confessions.....I have been making lots of toffee and pretzel turtle candy (pretzel, Rolo, pecan) and I cannot keep myself out of them. I may have to make more of the turtles tonight! The sugar is the main reason I have jumped 11 pounds since October... :/

Hugs! To make you feel better, I confess that I've gained 50 pounds this year through all-out binge eating. :(

@Susieq_1994 - I hope it gets better soon!! It has been stressful the last part of the year, but I can't blame anyone but me for what I gained.

Yep, same here. It's all me! I'm pretty proud of myself, I've been back to logging for 1.5 months now... But in the meantime I've gained a grand total of about 90 pounds. Woohoo? :neutral:

You can get in on our hard reset, too!

I'm so in! I'm in three different challenges right now, trying to get myself all motivated. ;) I'm in a calorie logging challenge with Nicci and Patricia, a weight loss challenge with some non-MFP friends and my sister, and then of course the weekly step challenge, in which I try to beat @tobistat every week. ;)

You and Tobi are ridiculous on the fitbit steps. LOL ;) I feel good if I'm even in your general vicinity, steps-wise.

Feel comforted by the fact that I'm unemployed and therefore I get to step and read all day long. :p If I was working I wouldn't get half of what I do!

I am not going to have a shot at a win until soccer season starts again. I walk for 75 minutes of every 90 minute practice.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    I confess that I'm really pissed off at one of the neighbors. They're BLASTING music like it's a wedding, and it's 11 PM, and they do this AT LEAST once a week. I wish I could go and smash their speaker system.