Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Lately I have been hiding from the scale, with the super heavy lifts I've been doing I find that my weight is higher than what I had expected. I have some crazy anxiety over the whole weight gain thing so I stepped away for my own sanity.

I've been scale-free for quite some time now, and it is wonderful!

I need the accountability to the scale. Otherwise I convince myself I am not gaining weight. When I am. Even if I miss a few days.

I've been very good about logging and working out. Totally honest with all of that so I know that I'm doing everything right. Obsessing over the scale was driving me crazy and pretty pointless. I'm much happier now. I get that some people need it though. Whatever works.

Well I've been good with logging but not working out! You have always done great and look fabulous, so no scale is clearly working for you!

Thanks, Patricia! That's really sweet of you!
    You're not still running? Or just not as much?

Barely. I have been hugely unmotivated. I have not even been riding during the week. My trainer and I have gotten into a bad habit. She texts me 'you coming tonight' and I reply, well if you don't want to wait and both horses are ridden I can skip. Then I go home, have a bath, go to bed. Then get up go to work, skip gym. I am a mess.

But, but, but Chattanooga!!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    So I got out of insurance purgatory, but then I had to actually implement the answer. Took the rest of my day.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been hiding from the scale, with the super heavy lifts I've been doing I find that my weight is higher than what I had expected. I have some crazy anxiety over the whole weight gain thing so I stepped away for my own sanity.

I need the accountability to the scale. Otherwise I convince myself I am not gaining weight. When I am. Even if I miss a few days.

I've been very good about logging and working out. Totally honest with all of that so I know that I'm doing everything right. Obsessing over the scale was driving me crazy and pretty pointless. I'm much happier now. I get that some people need it though. Whatever works.

Well I've been good with logging but not working out! You have always done great and look fabulous, so no scale is clearly working for you!

Barely. I have been hugely unmotivated. I have not even been riding during the week. My trainer and I have gotten into a bad habit. She texts me 'you coming tonight' and I reply, well if you don't want to wait and both horses are ridden I can skip. Then I go home, have a bath, go to bed. Then get up go to work, skip gym. I am a mess.

Not a mess. Just on a little break. You'll get back into it. Any marathons planned for next year?
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Not a mess. Just on a little break. You'll get back into it. Any marathons planned for next year?

I am basically repeating the last year. For all the races I missed. Right now my first is the NJ Marathon in May but I may add a half in SC in February. I decided to skip PR this year.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So I got out of insurance purgatory, but then I had to actually implement the answer. Took the rest of my day.

Bummer.
  • Oberon21
    Options

That is 2017. We have a hard reset in 2017 right? YOU are my motivation for Chattanooga.
  • tobistatler
    tobistatler Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    As for holiday related confessions.....I have been making lots of toffee and pretzel turtle candy (pretzel, Rolo, pecan) and I cannot keep myself out of them. I may have to make more of the turtles tonight! The sugar is the main reason I have jumped 11 pounds since October... :/

Hugs! To make you feel better, I confess that I've gained 50 pounds this year through all-out binge eating. :(

@Susieq_1994 - I hope it gets better soon!! It has been stressful the last part of the year, but I can't blame anyone but me for what I gained.

Yep, same here. It's all me! I'm pretty proud of myself, I've been back to logging for 1.5 months now... But in the meantime I've gained a grand total of about 90 pounds. Woohoo? :neutral:

You can get in on our hard reset, too!

I'm so in! I'm in three different challenges right now, trying to get myself all motivated. ;) I'm in a calorie logging challenge with Nicci and Patricia, a weight loss challenge with some non-MFP friends and my sister, and then of course the weekly step challenge, in which I try to beat @tobistat every week. ;)

You and Tobi are ridiculous on the fitbit steps. LOL ;) I feel good if I'm even in your general vicinity, steps-wise.

Feel comforted by the fact that I'm unemployed and therefore I get to step and read all day long. :p If I was working I wouldn't get half of what I do!

Exactly, Susie! I don't work either so that's why I get a lot of steps. Makes me feel bad when I win because it's not really fair to the people who are working!

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

That is 2017. We have a hard reset in 2017 right? YOU are my motivation for Chattanooga.

Yes, ma'am. Hard reset on 1/3. Because your birthday is no day to reset. LOL!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    tobistat wrote: »
    As for holiday related confessions.....I have been making lots of toffee and pretzel turtle candy (pretzel, Rolo, pecan) and I cannot keep myself out of them. I may have to make more of the turtles tonight! The sugar is the main reason I have jumped 11 pounds since October... :/

Hugs! To make you feel better, I confess that I've gained 50 pounds this year through all-out binge eating. :(

@Susieq_1994 - I hope it gets better soon!! It has been stressful the last part of the year, but I can't blame anyone but me for what I gained.

Yep, same here. It's all me! I'm pretty proud of myself, I've been back to logging for 1.5 months now... But in the meantime I've gained a grand total of about 90 pounds. Woohoo? :neutral:

You can get in on our hard reset, too!

I'm so in! I'm in three different challenges right now, trying to get myself all motivated. ;) I'm in a calorie logging challenge with Nicci and Patricia, a weight loss challenge with some non-MFP friends and my sister, and then of course the weekly step challenge, in which I try to beat @tobistat every week. ;)

You and Tobi are ridiculous on the fitbit steps. LOL ;) I feel good if I'm even in your general vicinity, steps-wise.

Feel comforted by the fact that I'm unemployed and therefore I get to step and read all day long. :p If I was working I wouldn't get half of what I do!

Exactly, Susie! I don't work either so that's why I get a lot of steps. Makes me feel bad when I win because it's not really fair to the people who are working!

Don't feel bad. I could walk more when I get home, I choose not to outside soccer season.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    So, sometime today, I saw Quik needs a new house angel. I could use one of those, but I feel cheated. I'm supposed to have Rosie the Robot by now. And a Jetsons hover car. (although my friends in the ER are probably fine with people not being able to crash into each other and then into the ground)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Our anniversary is in one week! 15 years! <3

Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. Susie!!

We hit 19 years next month. Happy anniversary to all of us!

Why did this get flagged?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Guys, only five pages until 1900!!!

Holy crap! I wonder if we can reach 2000 before the end of the year?!

A better question is, can we make it to 2017 in time for the end of the year?!

Guys, we aren't anywhere near this. Post more, STAT! ;)

I was just thinking that last night :D
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited December 2016
    Options

I'm in the same boat as you Susie :'(.

I'm doing my hard reset whether I want to or not on the 26th.

I gained around 50-60.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I confess that Mr. Susie and I's anniversary is coming up in three days, and I'm planning to eat ALL the food! I'm still debating between going out to a really awesome restaurant or baking something really decadent at home. The baking at home might turn out to be a problem, since I'll end up having lots of baking stuff left over! I'm not sure how well my will-power will stand up to that...

Happy anniversary, you little lovebirds!!! Both options sound awesome to me.

Thanks! <3 My ultra-special every-year anniversary food is a giiiant chocolate chip cookie stuffed with MORE chocolate and topped with vanilla ice cream. 1400 calories a serving. Possibly a bad idea. :D

starving-hungry-emoticon-emoji-very-smiley-face-character-drooling-holding-knife-fork-61019308.jpg
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Hey alll!
    Currently procrastinating on book keeping (I'm learning the ropes for work). I think I need another coffee soon too, I've had three but I am just lagging hard today!

I had four. Five is my cut off, but I won't have that many today.

:o:#:o I don't think anyone could handle me if I had four coffees.

I start every day with 2 XL Dunkin Donuts coffees. If I have 3 it's a bad day. But I usually stop there. I used to drink it all day long. I am thinking of going to get one now...

I now want to go get coffee (it's 8am here)
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Where'd everybody go? :o I can't talk to myself for the next 80 pages! :D

I'm here :)

Yay! More confessions? :p

Ooh, I've got one:
    I confess that I've been putting more time into stepping than household chores lately. The house has been getting pretty much just a lick and a promise while I dive into piles of Kindle books and start to step!

I confess I'm very upset with Mrs S and her attitude to household chores are the moment. It's been a stressful few weeks as I've been in Devon every weekend to pack up the house for moving. She promises every week to clean the bathroom and change the bedlinen, but when I get home after 4-5 days, she's done nothing, I mean literally nothing, not even loaded the dishwasher with dishes from when I left on the Thursday. I've ended up doing everything, as well as all cooking and washing. And the reason? Because she's totally obsessed with an online war game and cannot/will not put it down. On weekends she is literally spending hours and hours playing it. It's really getting me down.

Ooh that is not good. Those games are crazy obsessive. I don't get it at all (as I check MFP all day and in our heyday spent hours reading posts). Maybe sit her down and talk it out?

I've tried, on more than one occasion. She acknowledges she's obsessed and makes an effort not to play if I'm around. But if I'm not around....all I get are excuses as to why things are not done.

So why am I on mfp at 7.30pm on a Thursday night? Because she's gone upstairs to play her game.

Then she isn't making an effort not to play today when you are around? Maybe feeling guilty?

Yes :(
  • orangesmartie
    Options

Hugs, LeeAnn! Do the best you can and join me for the hard reset January 1. :*

I will start cleaning things out on Dec. 26th!! We don't really do lots of social things through New Year, so I can get a bit of a head start. But I will be right there will you.

I'm getting a headstart too but need to get it together in 2017. I really fell down the later half of 2016.

I'm giving myself a pass for the holidays. But I have made a training and food plan that commences 3rd Jan
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Can someone please explain to me the obsession with mesh in leggings right now?

What I want to know is what's with the obsession with LEGGINGS right now? I had to shop for HOURS and in like four different malls just to find ONE pair of pants that weren't leggings in the stores here. :neutral:

I only have one pair of leggings that are NOT for the gym, and wear them very rarely. All my other leggings are gym wear, and I wear them constantly (going to the gym, not for athleisure).

Me too. Leggings are not an attractive look on me. But I wear them constantly at home. And yoga pants.

I live in yoga pants at home if we don't have guests. When I leave the house, I wear jeans..then right back into my yoga pants when I get back home.

I'm another secret leggings wearer. I love them at home. Wear them all the time. But will not set foot out the door in them.

Gym leggings are totally different
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Domomallow wrote: »
    Confession: I think Christmas would be more enjoyable if nobody expected presents/gave presents.
    I think the whole gifting aspect of Christmas is so stressful that it ruins the holiday.

I love giving gifts. I love buying things for people. I am sad that I have very few people to buy for any more.

That's how I feel too