Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    So I've made the decision that as of Monday next week I will be moving to maintenance/body recomp. Mainly because my lifts aren't progressing the way I want, which is due to cutting. GIVE ME ALL THE GAINS!

I have to add 300 calories of carbs next week. No extra fat or protein...just carbs. Lots of oatmeal and rice for me!

Yah I'm looking to add roughly 700 calories overall and a *kitten* ton of carbs. Seriously thinking of buying a bread maker and getting the carbs that way xD

Oh my! Homemade bread! But I wouldn't be able to refrain from smearing it with loads of butter. :#
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    So I've made the decision that as of Monday next week I will be moving to maintenance/body recomp. Mainly because my lifts aren't progressing the way I want, which is due to cutting. GIVE ME ALL THE GAINS!

I have to add 300 calories of carbs next week. No extra fat or protein...just carbs. Lots of oatmeal and rice for me!

Yah I'm looking to add roughly 700 calories overall and a *kitten* ton of carbs. Seriously thinking of buying a bread maker and getting the carbs that way xD

Oh my! Homemade bread! But I wouldn't be able to refrain from smearing it with loads of butter. :#

peanut butter?! :wink:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Bring it, Friday!!!

twwcn6slu6r9.png

Love it!

It should also say brushed my teeth & put on deodorant.

Last week on my 7th day in a row at work I almost walked out of the house without brushing my teeth & I actually did forget to put on deodorant :#.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

With all of the yummy almond butters & cashew butters!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

I was thinking about this. You are going to have to either put up your calories, or lower your fat and protein to keep within the same amount of calories. You won't be able to increase carbs without changing your macros.

Shut up Lois and have another coffee
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

I was thinking about this. You are going to have to either put up your calories, or lower your fat and protein to keep within the same amount of calories. You won't be able to increase carbs without changing your macros.

Shut up Lois and have another coffee

teehee <3
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    rsapedt88djy.jpg

End of a six week cut, now I'm recomping/maintaining.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    rsapedt88djy.jpg

You look so amazing!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I confess that I have been sitting in the dark with just my desk lamp on for 30 minutes along with 2 other women. We are on overtime again and we don't like to light up the whole department before more than 3 of us are here. It's pretty obvious that we are here alone and security spends most of its night hours in the ED, which almost 1/2 a mile from my desk according to my fitbit.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    rsapedt88djy.jpg

Are those some abs that I see!! Well done!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I went to my chiropractor last night and when I walked in he was talking to his previous appointment about the "blood type diet." Pretty sure I rolled my eyes out loud. Then he began to ask me about my powerlifting, and he about lost his kitten when I told him I was currently on 50% carbs. He seriously asked me "What's the science behind that?" I thought, "You've got to be kidding me?!? You were just advocating the blood type diet to someone, and you want to know the 'science' behind mine?!?"

He's a really nice guy and a terrific chiropractor, but I won't be taking diet advice from him anytime soon. :D

Mine is like that too. Great at adjustments and all, but don't try and sell me the latest diet you are advertising.

Or essential oils, or...

I've always wondered why it's called essential oils. How have I made it this far through life without something essential!?

The linguist in me is assuming it refers to 'essence' but I like to be facetious.

My grandmother, born in 1894 & living in 3rd world Southern Appalachia, considered the plants they come from essential for healing. She was especially fond of chamomile, sage, ginger, peppermint and a plant called blood root. And jewel fern for poison ivy/oak/sumac.

She raised 14 kids in a house without electricity, with spring water,so and no money for doctors. All but two made it to adulthood, two of the adults are buried at Normandy. She knew her natural medicine. I would still rather eat the spices, but the oils have their value, I think and I would pay good money for a blood root plant. It's a natural clotting agent.

Well, there you go! Essential oils because they are essential.

Also, holy crap 14 children! :#

She had 6 when her first husband died in a coal mine. My grandfather's first wife died in childbirth having #5. They got married and had 3 together. By the time my mom was born in 1936, the three oldest were out of the house, but living nearby.
    Oh, and I just realized that I typo'd Mammaw's birth year. It was 1897, not 1894.

They were kickass back in the day. My grandma was a tiny little woman who had 13 children and lived to 100. She was born in 1909 and didn't get to vote until after ww2. Always makes me appreciate what I have.

I love everything about this!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I bought my husband a Man Crate for Valentine's Day. I had them gift wrap it in a duct tape cocoon. He's going to love and hate it. :D

What is a man crate?

They're gifts for manly men and they have to open a little wooden crate with a tiny pry bar to get to them. He absolutely loved it. I will do it again, just not the duct tape cocoon.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I bought my husband a Man Crate for Valentine's Day. I had them gift wrap it in a duct tape cocoon. He's going to love and hate it. :D

We don't do Valentine's Day. Never have, and I don't suppose we ever will.

Some couples don't, and there is zero wrong with it.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Valentine's is hit or miss for us. This year he's taking me to get my hair did and then we're going here http://www.movietavern.com/locations/syracuse/ to have dinner while we watch La La Land in giant comfy recliners. *squee*

Breakfast and a flick?!?! YES, PLEASE! Sounds like a cool place.

*I know you guys aren't doing the breakfast thing, I just saw they have it and thought that sounded cool.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Yah we don't do a bunch for Valentine's (Martin is a business and marketing major.... needless to say the rants are insane lol), however we are going to Sushi because sushi is awesome and it gives me a reason to dress up heh.
    Valentine's Day Trivia: Nearly 6 million people get engaged or proposed to today. This got broadcasted on the radio this morning, which turned into a giant rant on how diamonds and engagement rings are pure and utter BS because it is essentially a giant marketing campaign that took over society somehow

Well, I love my diamonds, and you're not going to make me feel bad about it. :wink:
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Confession - I keep feeling up my own pecs - the muscles, people! Jeez! :D I'm seeing/feeling some definite progress there!

Picture proof.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Yah we don't do a bunch for Valentine's (Martin is a business and marketing major.... needless to say the rants are insane lol), however we are going to Sushi because sushi is awesome and it gives me a reason to dress up heh.
    Valentine's Day Trivia: Nearly 6 million people get engaged or proposed to today. This got broadcasted on the radio this morning, which turned into a giant rant on how diamonds and engagement rings are pure and utter BS because it is essentially a giant marketing campaign that took over society somehow

Well, I love my diamonds, and you're not going to make me feel bad about it. :wink:

Ditto this lol

Confession- Going back on my psych meds. It feels like I'm failing by doing it but I know I have to. Pray to the SSRI gods for me ;)
  • MissKalhan
    Options

Lol I think they're gorgeous too so you won't here any complaints from me!
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »

Ditto this lol

Confession- Going back on my psych meds. It feels like I'm failing by doing it but I know I have to. Pray to the SSRI gods for me ;)

Good luck and good for you for making the decision! Most of these ladies on here were by my side when I made the decision to go on meds, trust me you aren't a failure. Making that decision was the hardest decision I ever had to make in my life. <3
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

What is a man crate?

They're gifts for manly men and they have to open a little wooden crate with a tiny pry bar to get to them. He absolutely loved it. I will do it again, just not the duct tape cocoon.

What was in it?