Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Thanks ladies, you are all so sweet <3 . My OCD had been basically a non-issue from when I started my weight loss journey (I feel like elements of OCD actually applied positively to weight loss compliance) but since late September (transitioning to maintenance? SAD? Stopping breastfeeding?) it's been becoming a big issue again and I have been scared of myself more than once.

Just filled my RX and am on the wait list for a new psychiatrist. Thank you for the support!

I hope it helps. I also suffer from OCD and have been having a harder time than normal with it lately.....

Not to derail the thread but do you find you worsen seasonally? I've kind of always been worse in winter but then I wonder if it's all in my head (because you know, what isn't kicking it in there?).

Welcome Taylor, hats off to you for your reading odyssey!

No, I have never noticed it getting worse at a certain type of year. Only that my intrusive thoughts increase with stress. And any kind of intense acute stress (like being stuck in a small waiting room with someone coughing a few weeks back), will heighten those thoughts to the point I will start having a tic.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you, Quik! You are super great!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Taylor!! Holy dedication! :o

Great job, Tami!! <3
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I confess that I cannot get enough of this video!
    The atmosphere and the dancing reminds me of the clubs I used to hang out in back in the day! I swear I could watch it over and over! The song is great too, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL1UzIK-flA
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Great job, Tami!! <3

Thank you!
    Spa I don't miss the sleep deprivation part of babies at all!
    Awesome job quik!
    I started this in a size 20 pants and I just tried on jeans and I was able to wear a 16 with just a slight muffin top!!!
    Progress! Great job!
  • paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Before I basically lost my taste for sweets I would dip a spoon in the Peanut butter and a second one in either Nutella, cocoa mix or coconut and create a sort of candy bar on two spoons. Now my occasional indulgence is of the distilled kind (though I limit it to 2 oz at a time.)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Great job, Tami!! <3

Thank you!
    Spa I don't miss the sleep deprivation part of babies at all!
    Awesome job quik!
    I started this in a size 20 pants and I just tried on jeans and I was able to wear a 16 with just a slight muffin top!!!

That is huge! Congratulations!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    What a week it's been. I have worked 45 hours and will probably work a couple of hours tomorrow afternoon as well. My team is down 3 people and we are falling behind. I don't really like it, but there's just one other person who can work the oncology portion of my job.
    On the plus side one of the three jobs I was doing was taken completely off of me this morning so that I can focus on the oncology and surgery portion more.
    On the minus side, I had a 90 minute meeting this morning with my manager about the oncology problems. We have a couple of possible solutions and some that need more people involved, which means more meetings next week.
    I confess that instead of eating everything in sight tonight, I went consignment store shopping. One exercise outfit and a blouse for work and a new shirt for my husband for $35. I happen to know that the shirt for the husband went for that at Belk so I can call it a win, right?

I think a win on all fronts. Hopefully the work situation gets better soon!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    OMG! So here comes the creeper post! I was late to the party...majorly late...like a year! I could not jump in and post until I read the ENTIRE thread...yes the ENTIRE THING :neutral: !!! Start to finish! I just finished right now. Creeper fact #2 I feel like I know all of you haha! I could probably tell you 90% of everyone's names and write up an about me (weird I know). I was going to go back and quote the trash bag thing just cause but decided against it even though I used to wear a sauna suit...just the top...the first time I attempted to lose weight. So less with the creepy and more with the confessions! I'm not a binge eater I'm more of a grazer, I like to look and recipes and food menus all the time...yes I know weird, I have finished all of something without even realizing it until I go to put down the fork and put it away and its gone! Sweets are my weakness! Cookies, cakes, donuts you name it! Lets see....I've hidden in closets to eat snacks so I wouldn't have to share with my kids, I've cried over food on several occasions. That's all I can think of for now sooooo...ya hi I'm Taylor!! :smiley:

Lol well hello Taylor! Props to you for reading the entire feed!

Ditto. And nice to meet you.

Nice to "officially" meet you too!
    I'm supposed to have a repeat of last night's dinner tonight...chicken breasts, red potatoes, and broccoli. Really i just want Cracker Barrel all the French toast and hash brown casserole I can eat mmmm! Yes I was looking at their menu even though I get the same thing everytime and even though I knew I wasn't going to go...sigh

I have only eaten at a cracker barrel once, I can't really remember if it was good. But hash brown casserole sounds amazing (and like a heart attack)!
  • Oberon21
    edited February 2017
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I am poorly. It's been going on since Monday evening. I have loads of tiny blood blisters around my eyes and eyelids from the pressure of puking. Do other people get those? Or is it just obvious because I'm pale?

Ewww that sounds so gross. And no I've never popped a blood vessel throwing up that I know of. I hope you feel better soon. :'(<3
  • Oberon21
    Options
    OMG! So here comes the creeper post! I was late to the party...majorly late...like a year! I could not jump in and post until I read the ENTIRE thread...yes the ENTIRE THING :neutral: !!! Start to finish! I just finished right now. Creeper fact #2 I feel like I know all of you haha! I could probably tell you 90% of everyone's names and write up an about me (weird I know). I was going to go back and quote the trash bag thing just cause but decided against it even though I used to wear a sauna suit...just the top...the first time I attempted to lose weight. So less with the creepy and more with the confessions! I'm not a binge eater I'm more of a grazer, I like to look and recipes and food menus all the time...yes I know weird, I have finished all of something without even realizing it until I go to put down the fork and put it away and its gone! Sweets are my weakness! Cookies, cakes, donuts you name it! Lets see....I've hidden in closets to eat snacks so I wouldn't have to share with my kids, I've cried over food on several occasions. That's all I can think of for now sooooo...ya hi I'm Taylor!! :smiley:

HI, Taylor! Welcome! We love new people joining. Keeps us fresh. Can't wait to learn more about you! B)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Thanks ladies, you are all so sweet <3 . My OCD had been basically a non-issue from when I started my weight loss journey (I feel like elements of OCD actually applied positively to weight loss compliance) but since late September (transitioning to maintenance? SAD? Stopping breastfeeding?) it's been becoming a big issue again and I have been scared of myself more than once.

Just filled my RX and am on the wait list for a new psychiatrist. Thank you for the support!

Take care, Jessica, and let us know how we can help. OCD is no joke.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    And I obviously don't know how to quote either. I'm starting this off spectacularly! :grimace:

I mess that one up all the time. No worries. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So, my meet outcome wasn't what I was hoping for. No hardware (I was in the biggest division). Squats ended at 192 lbs. Bench at 145 lbs. Deads at 331.7 lbs. Learned a lot and am ready for the next one!

vh3ti0x05d2g.jpg
    vogra94jvmb7.jpg
    akof8uh364ye.jpg
    86nlbbsriruf.jpg
    4umi1elc2h44.jpg

You look amazing and you are my hero! CONGRATULATIONS!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Guys! About to cross over to PAGE 2000!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    In for page 2000!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Trying to help get to the 20th century page!!!