Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Ooooh that's a tricky one! I'm going to have to think about that one.
  • Lois_1989
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Ok, group poll for wedding cake flavours, because I can't choose

3 tiers, so pick 3 flavours

Vanilla sponge
    Chocolate sponge
    Lemon Sponge
    Carrot Cake
    Rich chocolate cake (gooey apparently)
    Red Velvet
    Lavender Cake
    Coconut and Malibu
    Hazelnut Praline
    Peanut Butter
    Cappuccino
    Marble cake
    White Chocolate and Raspberries
    Tiramsu
    Chocolate and Baileys
    Chocolate Orange
    Mint Chocolate
    Salted Caramel and Chocolate
    Chocolate and Guiness

Who needs that much choice for cake flavours?!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    The only correct cake flavor for weddings is chocolate.
  • fitoverfortymom
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Hubby and I got married at a Jimmy Buffett concert. 30 guests--immediate family and friends in town. 19,000 people at our wedding reception/concert. We got tired of everyone having an opinion about our wedding but not ponying up the cash to pay for it, so we took drastic measures.

Just celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary.

That is a pretty amazing idea actually!!

It was really quite lovely. We had the press box during the concert, so all our guests could attend, too. Menu was cheeseburgers and fries.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Ha ha for all three tiers.

Chocolate sponge
    rich chocolate cake
    chocolate and baileys
  • fitoverfortymom
    edited May 2018
    Options

Ha ha for all three tiers.

Chocolate sponge
    rich chocolate cake
    chocolate and baileys

I'm not a fan of baileys. I'd probably go vanilla, chocolate, marble, but I am SUPER boring when it comes to stuff like that. I like all kinds of cake, but I guess if I'm a wedding guess, I'd expect something...expected.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Hmmmm. I keep thinking lemon, white choc and raspberries and some kind of chocolate flavour. But then what about peanut butter, would enough people want peanut butter. Red velvet? I personally love tiramisu, I could continuously eat tiramisu until I'm sick, but as a wedding cake? :# or mint chocolate? mmmmm mint chocolate.

It's too difficult.
  • fitoverfortymom
    Options
    mint chocolate is good. very good. i like mint chocolate.

i think you need a large sampler tray of all those cakes to help you decide.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Ok, group poll for wedding cake flavours, because I can't choose

3 tiers, so pick 3 flavours

Vanilla sponge
    Chocolate sponge
    Lemon Sponge
    Carrot Cake
    Rich chocolate cake (gooey apparently)
    Red Velvet
    Lavender Cake
    Coconut and Malibu
    Hazelnut Praline
    Peanut Butter
    Cappuccino
    Marble cake
    White Chocolate and Raspberries
    Tiramsu
    Chocolate and Baileys
    Chocolate Orange
    Mint Chocolate
    Salted Caramel and Chocolate
    Chocolate and Guiness

Who needs that much choice for cake flavours?!

Gooey chocolate for the bottom, peanut butter for the middle and chocolate and Guinness for the top. :)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    So my question for the day is, what normal thing have you done recently that someone (family or otherwise) has thought was wrong or odd?

Getting up at 5 in the freaking morning to exercise. Even *I* think it's odd and wrong XD but I do it often enough that it's normal. *sigh*
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    So my question for the day is, what normal thing have you done recently that someone (family or otherwise) has thought was wrong or odd?

Getting up at 5 in the freaking morning to exercise. Even *I* think it's odd and wrong XD but I do it often enough that it's normal. *sigh*

I get up at 5 to be at work at 7, so yes that's a normal time to rise and shine. :)
  • fitoverfortymom
    Options

I make a hot breakfast for my kid(s) every day before school. I grew up basically with cereal for breakfast, so I wanted to make sure my kiddos had a balanced meal before school. My adult daughter is a good breakfast eater on her own now (not that you NEED to have breakfast in the morning, but she values a meal with higher nutrition over cereal, etc. as her first meal of the day).
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm. I keep thinking lemon, white choc and raspberries and some kind of chocolate flavour. But then what about peanut butter, would enough people want peanut butter. Red velvet? I personally love tiramisu, I could continuously eat tiramisu until I'm sick, but as a wedding cake? :# or mint chocolate? mmmmm mint chocolate.

It's too difficult.

Lemon and white chocolate raspberry were the first two that popped out at me. I would pick those and hazelnut praline.

But I don't tend to be a chocolate cake person, for the most part.

Answer to the "ordinary thing you did" question: I am returning to full time work after a long period of part time and temp jobs...so to the consternation of my five year old niece and 70 year old father, I bought makeup! It's been a very long time since I wore any. Women still do, right? This IS a normal thing...because they looked at me like I was from another planet.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

It's too difficult.

Lemon and white chocolate raspberry were the first two that popped out at me. I would pick those and hazelnut praline.

Answer to the "ordinary thing you did" question: I am returning to full time work after a long period of part time and temp jobs...so to the consternation of my five year old niece and 70 year old father, I bought makeup! It's been a very long time since I wore any. Women still do, right? This IS a normal thing...because they looked at me like I was from another planet.

I don't, but most of my coworkers do. I am blessed to look just like my mother, but the last time I wore a full face make up willlingly was for her funeral. That was over twenty years ago, but when the shock wore off, I couldn't do it without crying for several months. Now it's weddings, (some) funerals, and theater. And if it's for theater, I don't even think of her because I am trying to make myself look like someone else.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

It's too difficult.

I don't, but most of my coworkers do. I am blessed to look just like my mother, but the last time I wore a full face make up willlingly was for her funeral. That was over twenty years ago, but when the shock wore off, I couldn't do it without crying for several months. Now it's weddings, (some) funerals, and theater. And if it's for theater, I don't even think of her because I am trying to make myself look like someone else.

I don't wear make-up to work, I don't like my co-workers enough to go through the effort. :lol: Why would I lose 10+ minutes of sleeping for them? That is a whole snooze! I'll wear eye-make up if Danny and I are going out for the evening, I'll only go whole face for special occasions.

I was eyeballing the hazelnut praline as well. Well, basically I think I've considered every flavour apart from the Lavender :confounded:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Lavender is trendy and definitely not 1920s. Don't do it..
  • Lois_1989
    Options

I just don't like Lavender. :# To eat or smell. Another company I looked at did elderflower and pear I think it was, I would have picked that, but they came back really expensive. :(
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I just don't like Lavender. :# To eat or smell. Another company I looked at did elderflower and pear I think it was, I would have picked that, but they came back really expensive. :(

I like it occasionally, but I can see why other people don't. I voted for two chocolates and a peanut butter, which is what I would eat, if I could still have Guinness. (I miss Guinness more than anything else with gluten.)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Thursday confession: after the horrendous fight between the 21 and 18 year olds and a trip to the ED, I told my 11 year old that if he would come to self-defense class for me, I would let him skip the last day of school today. He needs to know how to react if that happens again. He went and is now sleeping in. (He said he wants to come next week, too.)

• Lois_1989
    Options
    Thursday confession: after the horrendous fight between the 21 and 18 year olds and a trip to the ED, I told my 11 year old that if he would come to self-defense class for me, I would let him skip the last day of school today. He needs to know how to react if that happens again. He went and is now sleeping in. (He said he wants to come next week, too.)

Your kids have finished for the summer holidays? I think self-defence classes are a really good idea for anyone, and it's great he wants to go again, he must have enjoyed himself!