Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    There were several for me. I did Phen-Fen, I did WW, I tried several fad diets (cabbage soup, etc.). I even did Quick Weight Loss...twice.
  • tobistatler
    tobistatler Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I tried them in 91 after my first baby. They were gross! Lol I only tried it for a week. But then I started doing a workout everyday on espn, Bodies in Motion with Gilad and got in pretty good shape.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    The only time I've really tried to diet before MFP, was back in 2004-ish when hubby and I did the South Beach diet. As far as diets go, it's not really full of woo, but I didn't really get why I was losing weight. I assumed it was the carbs.

Mostly I'm just guilty of not having understood calorie deficit and how to create one.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    In my teens I fell for ACV and detox drinks. Mum also put me on weight watchers with her.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    What should we confess for Thursday? How about the biggest woo you ever bought into?

I did the HCG pills with B12 injections. It was freaking expensive, like $1000. And what made me lose weight was eating 500 calories per day. :s

I did HCG sublingual multiple times. The first 2 times it worked great. The next few not so good. The last 2 times trying it vegan I couldn't last.

Slimfast
    Dexatrim when it worked
    What is the one where you eat all fat?
    Other crazy random ones
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say that I have never fallen for diet woo. I did go through a few years where I ate 800-1000 calories a day, dance class a hour a day and walked miles all over campus. I knew what I was doing, and I did it anyway. I was tired of doctors telling me that I should weigh 130 pounds instead of 165. At 138, I had 7.5% body fat, no periods and my hair was falling out and I was dying of malnutrition. My mom had "come to Jesus meetings" with at least three different doctors and an administrator at my school to make sure that I was at least buying 2000 calories of food every day. My mother was a sight to behold when she was mad about one of her kids. So that's my woo story.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Confession: it's dangerous for me to make peanut butter cookies. But, I have owed a friend in IT cookies for almost a year - he did me a solid and I promised him cookies. He has asked me about them at least once a month. Tomorrow, he is having an endoscopy, so he needs peanut butter chocolate chip cookies to help him recover. He is coming to get his share before the procedure. :) ( I was baking today anyway because they are moving four people out of our department tomorrow and we're having a going away party.)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    My weight loss is very slow because I refuse to eat like I'm on a diet or "sacrifice" too much. Then I complain about how slowly I lose.

That's awesome that you're doing it this way, because you're setting yourself up for sustainable goals once you get to maintenance. Just look at it as like slow & steady sets the pace.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    So glad it's Friday! B)

Hmmmmm, Friday confession - I went to bed at 6:30 last night. :o
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Friday confessions:
    1. My manager is off today and I am taking advantage of her absence to get all of the easy stuff off my desk.
    2. I have eaten almost half of my alloted calories for the day and only 9 grams of protein. I see a shake in my future. And chicken breast for dinner.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Today's ref was better at the rules, but color blind. My kid's team were in gray jerseys and he kept calling them red. Tie game. Good play by both sides.
  • quiksylver296
    edited May 2018
    Options
    So my son sprained his wrist yesterday at school. I confess I was not sad to not have to get him to his appointment with my trainer at 7 AM.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    So my son sprained his wrist yesterday at school. I confess I was not sad to not have to get him to his appointment with my trainer at 7 AM.

7am. Even *I* was asleep at 7am. I am usually an earlier riser, I must have been exhausted. I did make it to my qui gong class on time, 9:30. Several regulars didn't show, there was a 10k downtown today and I suspect they were running.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Confession: I planned a snack today of a faux meatball sub: meatless meatballs on sourdough bread with marinara. I forgot to thaw the marinara, so I used ketchup.

It was so good I ate 3, burned through a ton of calories and had to work out to make room for dinner. And at that, dinner is going to be plain boiled lentils over romaine lettuce and a sparkling water. Maybe. We'll see if my resolve lasts that long.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Confession: I planned a snack today of a faux meatball sub: meatless meatballs on sourdough bread with marinara. I forgot to thaw the marinara, so I used ketchup.

It was so good I ate 3, burned through a ton of calories and had to work out to make room for dinner. And at that, dinner is going to be plain boiled lentils over romaine lettuce and a sparkling water. Maybe. We'll see if my resolve lasts that long.

I would probably just not eat again, but I hate Lentils.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

What did you end up doing?

Personally I would have tried to spread some of the calories over the next few days to even out throughout the week & left enough calories in those days so I wouldn't feel ravenous enough to want to binge.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I had the lentils and romaine with a squeeze of lemon and a delicious black cherry water. Still hit my calories and macros for the day, despite my 800 calorie "snack". So I was pretty happy. And I love lentils with lemon so it wasn't that much of a hardship.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Monday, Monday. My next meet is this Saturday! Woo hoo, I'm excited. It's gonna be fun.

Confession to kick off our Monday: When I was about 8, I stole a Barbie doll dress from daycare. It's the first thing I remember stealing, but not the last. :#:o
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Monday, Monday. My next meet is this Saturday! Woo hoo, I'm excited. It's gonna be fun.

Confession to kick off our Monday: When I was about 8, I stole a Barbie doll dress from daycare. It's the first thing I remember stealing, but not the last. :#:o

If we are going down the stealing route, I stole a silver ring from my first job in a shop because I felt I was being under paid (I was), that same day I lost a bracelet my mum and dad brought me on a holiday in Mexico. I never stole anything ever again. I even give money back when someone gives me too much change.

ETA the ring was worth far less than the bracelet, about £20?