Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My weight loss is very slow because I refuse to eat like I'm on a diet or "sacrifice" too much. Then I complain about how slowly I lose.

Ha! Yep. <3
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    My weight loss is very slow because I refuse to eat like I'm on a diet or "sacrifice" too much. Then I complain about how slowly I lose.

But it's sustainable. :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I don't know what cream cheese frosting is, but I love nutella! Especially warm on toast. Mmmm. The only reason I'm resisting it right now is because my husband is on his way home with fish and chips. I'm winning at life (if not healthy eating).

1 block cream cheese
    2tsp vanilla or almond extract
    1 lb (give or take) of confectionery sugar

Whip cream cheese and extract together then add sugar slowly until you get a frostable consistency. I usually have a couple of ounces of sugar left out of a pound, to be honest.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I don't know what cream cheese frosting is, but I love nutella! Especially warm on toast. Mmmm. The only reason I'm resisting it right now is because my husband is on his way home with fish and chips. I'm winning at life (if not healthy eating).

1 block cream cheese

Whip cream cheese and extract together then add sugar slowly until you get a frostable consistency. I usually have a couple of ounces of sugar left out of a pound, to be honest.

It's that easy?!? I'm totally baking something just so I can try to make this frosting. I've always bought the store stuff.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

1 block cream cheese

It's that easy?!? I'm totally baking something just so I can try to make this frosting. I've always bought the store stuff.

It is that easy. I am an enabler. I use the almond extract with carrot or apple spice cake.

Pro tip: I make cupcakes so that I don't eat the whole cake. If you can buy or get a restaurant to to give you say a dozen to go cups with flat lids, you can put a cup cake on the upside down lid, put the cup over the cupcake and freeze some for later. Don't leave them in the freezer too long. they freezer burn, but I have done this 3 days ahead with no problems.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I need real English fish and chips. A vacation must be planned.

How about a London based MFP get together! I'm in!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Cream cheese frosting is my FAVORITE!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

1 block cream cheese

Skip the baking and just make/eat the frosting!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    All this talk about cupcakes and frosting is going to make me want to bake when I get home. I make a mean buttercream frosting.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

1 block cream cheese

And I thought I was the group enabler. :smiley:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    All this talk about cupcakes and frosting is going to make me want to bake when I get home. I make a mean buttercream frosting.

I make a mean buttercream too. My kids like it better than cream cheese, but I prefer cream cheese.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

1 block cream cheese

And I thought I was the group enabler. :smiley:

:p
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Confession: my daughter says the frosting needs two 8oz blocks of cream cheese. Sorry if I ruined anyone's frosting attempts with unclear measures. :(

ETA: I buy a 16oz of cream cheese and I make sheet cakes, not layer ones, so if you want to to do a layer cake definitely 16oz of cream cheese. With 8 ounces, you will need 1/2 the amount of sugar.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    noumena_ wrote: »
    I was able to buy a pair of pants a size smaller than usual but still haven't worn them in public because I prefer to feel small in my current baggy pants rather than realize I still have a long way to go by feeling snug in my new pants.

I would do that.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Happy Mothers' Day, MFP Pal's!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I was able to buy a pair of pants a size smaller than usual but still haven't worn them in public because I prefer to feel small in my current baggy pants rather than realize I still have a long way to go by feeling snug in my new pants.

I am currently in a post maternity limbo - not the biggest I've ever been but not the smallest - weird body shape wilderness so I get it. I'm all about 'lazy pants'.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options

1 block cream cheese
    1 lb (give or take) of confectionery sugar Icing Sugar for us :)

I think that is what the filling is on Carrot Cake, and also Red Velvet Cake
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

1 block cream cheese
    1 lb (give or take) of confectionery sugar Icing Sugar for us :)

I think that is what the filling is on Carrot Cake, and also Red Velvet Cake

Yes. Although I don't care for red velvet cake, this is the icing for it. I make carrot cake and use this. :)

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options

I do this. But then I lost more weight and the smaller pair are now a comfy smaller pair.