Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am on the verge of a meltdown. I don't even know what triggered it, but I feel like every word anyone says around me is a needle poking my skin. I am trying really hard to make myself stay at work, but I don't know if I actually can today.

I've been lethally *kitten*y for about three days now. I don't know why. It's too early for PMS. I'm just in bite-your-head-off-for-anything-and-everything mode. :#
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am on the verge of a meltdown. I don't even know what triggered it, but I feel like every word anyone says around me is a needle poking my skin. I am trying really hard to make myself stay at work, but I don't know if I actually can today.

I've been lethally *kitten*y for about three days now. I don't know why. It's too early for PMS. I'm just in bite-your-head-off-for-anything-and-everything mode. :#

This is autism. Pure and simple. And why I shouldn't really be anyone's boss. I am seriously considering asking my immediate manager if I can leave at 12 and come back at 5 to finish my day.
  • quiksylver296
    edited May 2018
    Options

This is autism. Pure and simple. And why I shouldn't really be anyone's boss. I am seriously considering asking my immediate manager if I can leave at 12 and come back at 5 to finish my day.

I assume autism is covered under ADA? They have to make reasonable accommodations. That sounds reasonable to me.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    My stealing confession: When I was about 8-9, I stole some cute Garfield paperclips from a Hallmark store.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @quiksylver296 apparently my manager agreed with you. I am home working through it. Literally. The only thing that helps is physical labor so I am handwashing my dishes and doing laundry. I have already taken a box of clothes to be donated too. I have one more sink of dishes to wash (I swear my offspring units leave them everywhere), but ti am waiting for what I have already washed to dry.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    @quiksylver296 apparently my manager agreed with you. I am home working through it. Literally. The only thing that helps is physical labor so I am handwashing my dishes and doing laundry. I have already taken a box of clothes to be donated too. I have one more sink of dishes to wash (I swear my offspring units leave them everywhere), but ti am waiting for what I have already washed to dry.

Yay! I'm glad.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Monday, Monday. My next meet is this Saturday! Woo hoo, I'm excited. It's gonna be fun.

Confession to kick off our Monday: When I was about 8, I stole a Barbie doll dress from daycare. It's the first thing I remember stealing, but not the last. :#:o

I stole a Snickers (I think it was a Snickers candy bar) when I was four from Giant. My mom found me with it in the car & made me take it back.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I owe work another hour tomorrow. I remembered that I I had to pick up Isaac's ROTC uniform at the cleaners and they would have been closed if I had stayed until 7.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession: I have to travel for work and eat dinner/breakfast/lunch on the road. I'm worried about making weight Saturday. :# I should have packed my food, but I'm traveling with other people and that's super awkward. I hope I make good choices.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Confession: I have to travel for work and eat dinner/breakfast/lunch on the road. I'm worried about making weight Saturday. :# I should have packed my food, but I'm traveling with other people and that's super awkward. I hope I make good choices.

Eating while traveling is my worst nightmare. I have been asked to go to a conference in July where all meals will be provided. I emailed the host hotel about the meals, explaining that have both celiac and a deadly shellfish allergy. The food is buffet and gluten free foods are marked. I am not sure I am going to go. I am in trouble if someone puts a contaminated spoon in the GF food. I have a little while to decide. The person who answered my email did say that she would inform the kitchen staff that the menu needs to be shellfish free. That's better than I get a lot of the time.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Eating while traveling is my worst nightmare. I have been asked to go to a conference in July where all meals will be provided. I emailed the host hotel about the meals, explaining that have both celiac and a deadly shellfish allergy. The food is buffet and gluten free foods are marked. I am not sure I am going to go. I am in trouble if someone puts a contaminated spoon in the GF food. I have a little while to decide. The person who answered my email did say that she would inform the kitchen staff that the menu needs to be shellfish free. That's better than I get a lot of the time.

My hubby is Celiac and travels for work a lot. In conference situations he will often ask if they will plate his lunch for him and explains how sensitive he is to cross contamination. Sometimes, he does bring his own food (which is hard at events that you have to travel to). He said it was awkward at first, but usually bumps into someone who brought food, too, for whatever reason. Sometimes he will subside on protein bars and fresh fruit and then have a decent dinner that he knows is safe. Stupid cross-contamination ruins everything.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    We are probably the only couple in the history of weddings to be struggling to make up the numbers :unamused:
    I didn't realise it was so hard to find 60 people you like enough to invite to your wedding.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    We are probably the only couple in the history of weddings to be struggling to make up the numbers :unamused:
    I didn't realise it was so hard to find 60 people you like enough to invite to your wedding.

That was me at my first wedding.

Of course, I don't like people... ;)
  • Lois_1989
    Options

That was me at my first wedding.

Of course, I don't like people... ;)

Turns out I'm the same! :lol:
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Would be easier if you guys were in England. <3
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    I would fly in for it if I could!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited May 2018
    Options

I eloped. My parents could have found 60 people, but not me.

ETA Ditto what LeeAnn said. :)
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Hubby and I got married at a Jimmy Buffett concert. 30 guests--immediate family and friends in town. 19,000 people at our wedding reception/concert. We got tired of everyone having an opinion about our wedding but not ponying up the cash to pay for it, so we took drastic measures.

Just celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary.

That is a pretty amazing idea actually!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    A story to lead up to my Wednesday question:

At Christmas I had to take the comfy gaming chair out of my living room to make room for the tree, so my boys got one of the 5 camp chairs that live in our SUV and used it instead. They have kept this chair in my living room ever since, apparently because it has cup holders.

My husband takes the boys to school and then I drive them hither and yon at night. That's always been our deal. This means he drives the SUV to work and I drive either my truck or the Honda during the day. Last night, he was stuck at work and I had to take the 11 yo to soccer. So, I grabbed the camp chair from its spot in the corner and took it with me because I keep my camp chairs in the SUV.

I get home and the first question is: "Mom, where did you put the chair?"
    "I left it in my car. You can have the key and go get it yourself."
    "why did you take it? It belongs in here."
    "Umm, it's a Coleman camp chair. I was going to an outdoor activity and needed a seat. One of us is wrong and it is not me."

So my question for the day is, what normal thing have you done recently that someone (family or otherwise) has thought was wrong or odd?