Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I would really like to take a self defense class. I do a lot of solo running and it worries hubby to bits. I have pepper spray, but honestly I am pretty ill-equipped when it comes to depending myself other than being aware and willing to rely on adrenaline and feisty nature to claw my way out of something.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Ok, group poll for wedding cake flavours, because I can't choose

3 tiers, so pick 3 flavours

Vanilla sponge
    Chocolate sponge
    Lemon Sponge
    Carrot Cake
    Rich chocolate cake (gooey apparently)
    Red Velvet
    Lavender Cake
    Coconut and Malibu
    Hazelnut Praline
    Peanut Butter
    Cappuccino
    Marble cake
    White Chocolate and Raspberries
    Tiramsu
    Chocolate and Baileys
    Chocolate Orange
    Mint Chocolate
    Salted Caramel and Chocolate
    Chocolate and Guiness

Who needs that much choice for cake flavours?!

That's freaking tough...
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    So my question for the day is, what normal thing have you done recently that someone (family or otherwise) has thought was wrong or odd?

Getting up at 5 in the freaking morning to exercise. Even *I* think it's odd and wrong XD but I do it often enough that it's normal. *sigh*

3:45 for me ;) Does that make you feel a little better?
  • quiksylver296
    Options

So my question for the day is, what normal thing have you done recently that someone (family or otherwise) has thought was wrong or odd?

That story is hilarious.

My daily normal I think most people think is odd/wrong. Up at 3:45, to the gym by 4:30. Shower at gym and to work by 7:00. Maybe back to the gym after work, if I need to finish up my workout. Home, dinner, in bed by 7:45.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Vanilla sponge
    Chocolate sponge
    Lemon Sponge
    Carrot Cake
    Red Velvet
    Lavender Cake
    Coconut and Malibu
    Hazelnut Praline
    Peanut Butter
    Cappuccino
    Marble cake
    Tiramsu
    Chocolate and Baileys
    Chocolate Orange
    Mint Chocolate
    Chocolate and Guiness

That's freaking tough...

Oh, man. I didn't see chocolate and bailey's. I change my salted caramel vote to that.
  • quiksylver296
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I took tomorrow off because Tuesday was a 16 hour day. FOUR DAY WEEKEND for me! Woo hoo!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Thursday confession: after the horrendous fight between the 21 and 18 year olds and a trip to the ED, I told my 11 year old that if he would come to self-defense class for me, I would let him skip the last day of school today. He needs to know how to react if that happens again. He went and is now sleeping in. (He said he wants to come next week, too.)

Your kids have finished for the summer holidays? I think self-defence classes are a really good idea for anyone, and it's great he wants to go again, he must have enjoyed himself!

Yes, today is the last day. He is off for all of June and July and classes start again on the first Monday of August. He does have band camp for a week in June and one in July. That's the band director keeping her kids practicing over the break - - or trying.
    I would have made him go again, so I am glad he wants to go back.
  • fitoverfortymom
    Options
    SUPER GREAT.
  • fitoverfortymom
    Options
    Confession: I think I did the most ridiculous (yet surprisingly delightful) food thing ever. I grated a boiled egg. Grated. An. Egg.

I've been in a salad mode this week and working really hard to find a macro balance as I ease myself into strength training, which means upping my protein intake by close to 50g per day more than what I've typically had. Anyway, I was reading a salad recipe that recommended grating a boiled egg into the salad. Of course this is nutso, right? So today I tried it on my boiled egg that I eat as a snack in the AM and color me pink and call me silly, it's so good. It's still a boiled egg, but eating it stringy-like with a fork makes is super satisfying.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession: I think I did the most ridiculous (yet surprisingly delightful) food thing ever. I grated a boiled egg. Grated. An. Egg.

I've been in a salad mode this week and working really hard to find a macro balance as I ease myself into strength training, which means upping my protein intake by close to 50g per day more than what I've typically had. Anyway, I was reading a salad recipe that recommended grating a boiled egg into the salad. Of course this is nutso, right? So today I tried it on my boiled egg that I eat as a snack in the AM and color me pink and call me silly, it's so good. It's still a boiled egg, but eating it stringy-like with a fork makes is super satisfying.

I confess - I'm dubious. Did you grate the yolk, too?
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options

Vanilla sponge
    Chocolate sponge
    Lemon Sponge
    Carrot Cake
    Red Velvet
    Lavender Cake
    Coconut and Malibu
    Hazelnut Praline
    Peanut Butter
    Cappuccino
    Marble cake
    Tiramsu
    Chocolate and Baileys
    Chocolate Orange
    Mint Chocolate
    Chocolate and Guiness

I want to eat ALL the flavors!!!

My vote is
    Red velvet on top -- red for the burning love :D:D
    Tiramisu second layer
    Cappuccino bottom

My wedding cake (yesterday was my 5th anniversary BTW) was a rich chocolate with a cream cheese filling and a blended cream cheese butter cream frosting. Blended due to may wedding in Atlanta - would have melted otherwise. OMG it was the BEST! I heard multiple guests stating best wedding cake ever.

There was A LOT of cake left over. My wedding planner took the leftovers to the local fire hall and gave it to the firemen :)
  • fitoverfortymom
    edited May 2018
    Options

I confess - I'm dubious. Did you grate the yolk, too?

YES! You have to go slow and carefully, but it was simply charming. It's like blendy boiled egg goodness. Use the large grates, not the teensie ones.

ETA: I have another one to grate for lunch. I'll take a picture!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm. I keep thinking lemon, white choc and raspberries and some kind of chocolate flavour. But then what about peanut butter, would enough people want peanut butter. Red velvet? I personally love tiramisu, I could continuously eat tiramisu until I'm sick, but as a wedding cake? :# or mint chocolate? mmmmm mint chocolate.

It's too difficult.

Lemon and white chocolate raspberry were the first two that popped out at me. I would pick those and hazelnut praline.

But I don't tend to be a chocolate cake person, for the most part.

Answer to the "ordinary thing you did" question: I am returning to full time work after a long period of part time and temp jobs...so to the consternation of my five year old niece and 70 year old father, I bought makeup! It's been a very long time since I wore any. Women still do, right? This IS a normal thing...because they looked at me like I was from another planet.

I can remember my mum doing this on a rare occasion when I was little and we looked at her like shed grown a second head. She looked nice, it was just different!
  • fitoverfortymom
    Options
    Grated egg: kdfu2zmasyty.jpg
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Grated egg: kdfu2zmasyty.jpg

Ooooh it almost looks like two types of cheese! I might try it, I need to find ways to eat egg. At the moment I only like soft boiled so the yolk is still runny, and omelette.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    becky3695 wrote: »

Vanilla sponge
    Chocolate sponge
    Lemon Sponge
    Carrot Cake
    Red Velvet
    Lavender Cake
    Coconut and Malibu
    Hazelnut Praline
    Peanut Butter
    Cappuccino
    Marble cake
    Tiramsu
    Chocolate and Baileys
    Chocolate Orange
    Mint Chocolate
    Chocolate and Guiness

I want to eat ALL the flavors!!!

My vote is
    Red velvet on top -- red for the burning love :D:D
    Tiramisu second layer
    Cappuccino bottom

My wedding cake (yesterday was my 5th anniversary BTW) was a rich chocolate with a cream cheese filling and a blended cream cheese butter cream frosting. Blended due to may wedding in Atlanta - would have melted otherwise. OMG it was the BEST! I heard multiple guests stating best wedding cake ever.

There was A LOT of cake left over. My wedding planner took the leftovers to the local fire hall and gave it to the firemen :)

Oooh a second vote for coffee flavours. I might get away with Tiramisu....

I was wondering what to do with leftovers. Firemen or police sounds like a great idea!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I confess that, due to my being allergic to egg yolks, the photo of grated boiled egg made me feel queasy and I am glad we are on a new page. . Off to work now. Have a good one.