Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    noumena_ wrote: »
    I was able to buy a pair of pants a size smaller than usual but still haven't worn them in public because I prefer to feel small in my current baggy pants rather than realize I still have a long way to go by feeling snug in my new pants.

I am currently in a post maternity limbo - not the biggest I've ever been but not the smallest - weird body shape wilderness so I get it. I'm all about 'lazy pants'.

I have no half-way. I have super baggy male jeans from when I was at my biggest, and I'm now sporting high-waisted skinny jeans. The only thing I don't like about High-waisted is when your belly makes the weird bulge beneath the waistband. :confused: wear a long enough top and its fine, but I still don't like it.
  • Lois_1989
    edited May 2018
    Options
    2 weeks until I buy my wedding dress. I need more time! :scream:
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I don't know what cream cheese frosting is, but I love nutella! Especially warm on toast. Mmmm. The only reason I'm resisting it right now is because my husband is on his way home with fish and chips. I'm winning at life (if not healthy eating).

1 block cream cheese
    2tsp vanilla or almond extract
    1 lb (give or take) of confectionery sugar Icing Sugar for us :)

Whip cream cheese and extract together then add sugar slowly until you get a frostable consistency. I usually have a couple of ounces of sugar left out of a pound, to be honest.

I think that is what the filling is on Carrot Cake, and also Red Velvet Cake

Yes. Although I don't care for red velvet cake, this is the icing for it. I make carrot cake and use this. :)

Argh, my local supermarket sell red velvet cookies with the cream cheese as a gooey filling. I can't eat just one, it's not possible.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I don't know what cream cheese frosting is, but I love nutella! Especially warm on toast. Mmmm. The only reason I'm resisting it right now is because my husband is on his way home with fish and chips. I'm winning at life (if not healthy eating).

1 block cream cheese
    2tsp vanilla or almond extract
    1 lb (give or take) of confectionery sugar Icing Sugar for us :)

Whip cream cheese and extract together then add sugar slowly until you get a frostable consistency. I usually have a couple of ounces of sugar left out of a pound, to be honest.

I think that is what the filling is on Carrot Cake, and also Red Velvet Cake

Yes. Although I don't care for red velvet cake, this is the icing for it. I make carrot cake and use this. :)

Argh, my local supermarket sell red velvet cookies with the cream cheese as a gooey filling. I can't eat just one, it's not possible.

I have concluded that having to bake most treats for myself is a blessing in disguise. I either have something more important to do or I conclude it's not worth the trouble.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    First day back in the office after vacation and starting a new position at work today.

Confession: I stepped on the scale today for the first time since I left and it's not pretty. About 15lbs from goal (and I was hovering within 2-5lbs for months from goal). Not real happy about this, but I know some of it is still water weight from vacation and the Mirena screwing with my hormones (seriously, my boobs are as sore as they get when you're PG). I wish I could see the future and know that some of these side effects will subside over time, because not having a period is seriously the best. What is NOT the best is being uncontrollably ravenous and feeling pregnant.

Good news is I've planned and prepped food for the week, so I have no reason not to stay on track. I signed up for a HM race mid-June and I got out of bed at 4am for my usual early-morning run (which felt ahhh-mazing). I think from here to goal it's going to be a lot of heads-down focus and I'm just going to knock it out. I know I can do it.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    First day back in the office after vacation and starting a new position at work today.

Confession: I stepped on the scale today for the first time since I left and it's not pretty. About 15lbs from goal (and I was hovering within 2-5lbs for months from goal). Not real happy about this, but I know some of it is still water weight from vacation and the Mirena screwing with my hormones (seriously, my boobs are as sore as they get when you're PG). I wish I could see the future and know that some of these side effects will subside over time, because not having a period is seriously the best. What is NOT the best is being uncontrollably ravenous and feeling pregnant.

Good news is I've planned and prepped food for the week, so I have no reason not to stay on track. I signed up for a HM race mid-June and I got out of bed at 4am for my usual early-morning run (which felt ahhh-mazing). I think from here to goal it's going to be a lot of heads-down focus and I'm just going to knock it out. I know I can do it.

Sounds like you are prepared and ready to tackle it. Glad your vacation was great. I am ready for one myself, but I think it will be a while before I can go.

After logging for a week or so, I see I am overloading on carbs still. I guess it's a good thing for me to see that so I can fix it. My protein is too low, not hitting my mark.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    We need some Hump Day confessions (mostly to entertain me, because I'm super bored).

What is the last "worst" thing you've eaten?

I had tons of delicious Italian food Saturday at my sister's surprise birthday party. I bet I ate/drank AT LEAST 3000 calories.
  • fitoverfortymom
    Options
    Friday night, our last night in Mexico, I had penne with some kind of amazeballs gorgonzola sauce, tons of bread and balsamic, and a scoop of gelato on top of a brownie covered in meringue. The next morning, I had a screwdriver and a chocolate sundae with spanish peanuts for breakfast (I didn't want to waste the groceries we were leaving behind in Mexico).

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I am mostly living off a cheese and carb diet. Yesterday I had a cheese toastie for lunch and a baked potato and cheese for tea. At least it was all wholegrains. Since being pregnant or breastfeeding, I'm all about boring cheese!

I did manage veggie stew for tea tonight, so there's that.
  • tobistatler
    tobistatler Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Crispy chicken sandwich with fries and Coke last night from Burger King. I hadn’t eaten BK in years.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Friday night, our last night in Mexico, I had penne with some kind of amazeballs gorgonzola sauce, tons of bread and balsamic, and a scoop of gelato on top of a brownie covered in meringue. The next morning, I had a screwdriver and a chocolate sundae with spanish peanuts for breakfast (I didn't want to waste the groceries we were leaving behind in Mexico).

Ha! I do this when we rent a house on the Oregon Coast.
  • fitoverfortymom
    Options
    tobistat wrote: »
    Crispy chicken sandwich with fries and Coke last night from Burger King. I hadn’t eaten BK in years.

That's the best BK thing on the menu, except I get it with onion rings.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

That's the best BK thing on the menu, except I get it with onion rings.

Ooh, yeah. I love BK onion rings. Except even the largest size isn't enough. :p
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and potato chips, last night. It was a long day and I was over it...
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    We need some Hump Day confessions (mostly to entertain me, because I'm super bored).

I had tons of delicious Italian food Saturday at my sister's surprise birthday party. I bet I ate/drank AT LEAST 3000 calories.

I was sick yesterday so to make up for the lost calories I had a whole pint of Talenti's Peanut Butter Fudge Sorbetto.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    McDonalds, but it was late, and we didn't have anything else in the kitchen.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

BK big fish sandwich, onion rings, diet coke super sized, then stopping next at McDonald's for a McFlurry. Usually after drinking.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    What should we confess for Thursday? How about the biggest woo you ever bought into?

I did the HCG pills with B12 injections. It was freaking expensive, like $1000. And what made me lose weight was eating 500 calories per day. :s
  • tobistatler
    tobistatler Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I think slimfast was the only ‘diet’ thing I’ve ever tried.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I think slimfast was the only ‘diet’ thing I’ve ever tried.

Oh, yeah. Did those, too. Back when they were really gross, then again when they were a little better.