Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    deagh93 wrote: »
    I'm glad I found this thread. I feel a lot less alone than I did. :) So I have one. I stopped tracking for a few years and put quite a bit of the weight back on. Have been back for a month, but I can't bring myself to put the real number in the MyFP weight. So every time I lose two pounds IRL I mark down half a pound lost on MyFP. Eventually the real number and the MyFP number will be the same. I know I should just suck it up and put the real number in MyFP, but I just can't.

I think this is genius. I actually weigh more than MFP says I do, and I can't make myself change it.

Me three. I'm not far...but far enough.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    So, I took a week of vacation to teach Bible school at my church. Specifically to teach preschool Bible stories. Group chaperones bring 6 groups of 3, 4, & 5 year old kids to me to hear the story. I only slept 5.5 hours last night and I had some cranky kids today. We played Simon Says as our game and one 3 year old and one 5 year old cried when they were out. I had to bring three kids to sit in my lap so that they would keep hands to themselves. It was ugly in there today. I was driven to a no bake oatmeal cookie for lunch.
    Chocolate covers a multitude of tired.

That sounds like my idea of hell. Which is a bit ironic, don'tcha think? ;)

A BIT, yes.
    I love these kids. Every last one of them. I know their parents. I have taught some of their older siblings. They are smart and bright and today as a group, they were tired and cranky. Smart and cranky is a bad combination.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: Closing out my food diary but continuing to eat does not negate the extra calories eaten. :indifferent:
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Funny, when I was younger and involved in our church, I loved helping with the five year old group at vacation bible school. I can't imagine being a teacher and dealing with them every day, but I loved that age group. Cranky kids are hard to deal with, especially when you aren't at your best. I hope you got to sleep last night!

I did fess up and put my weight back in MFP when I gained. Not happy about it, but it is dropping again. Funny how doctors can give you just the kick in the pants you need to get going again. Drop weight or it's meds for you. Can't tell you how much I want to avoid that.
  • quiksylver296
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I just inhaled two maple bars. Gah.

ETA: I went and logged them. Now to spend the rest of the day trying to mitigate the damage.
  • crosbylee
    Options
    That's how you fix it. Own it a move on.
  • quiksylver296
    edited June 2018
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    That's how you fix it. Own it and move on.

I've just been doing it so much! Last night, for example, dinner was not what I had pre-logged. It was definitely more calories, and then I had 5 pieces of chocolate I didn't log, on top of the Halo Top I did log. (Oh, and I stole a couple big handfuls of hubby's Fritos. :# )

I'm like an ostrich. If I stick my head in the sand (ie, don't log it), it didn't happen, right? 183.6 lbs this morning. I think a good training weight is 175-180, so I want to take off at least four pounds. Not being truthful with myself about what I am eating will not get me there.

I went to scoobysworkshop.com and played around with what my maintenance calories are. About 2700. Which means, if I'm gaining, I'm eating A LOT of calories a day.
  • crosbylee
    Options
    Wow, as active as you are and as hard as you train, I can see letting things slip a bit. You know where you need to tighten up. You will fix it, I have faith!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @crosbylee, I did sleep more. Today was better. (For me, a couple of the kids were not so good.)

I am trying to talk myself into going to the church clinic. I was NOT supposed to be on the schedule there this week, but I got a reminder call that I am and I can't get the director to answer me about how much she needs my help. I only have so much energy and I was at the church for 4 hours already. I don't really want to go spend another 3 hours working today. I hope that doesn't make me a bad person.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    becky3695 wrote: »
    I confess to eating spoons of frosting and logging it as alcohol because alcohol is more socially acceptable than standing in your fridge eating frosting.

Ohmygosh! I laughed and about spit my lunch onto my monitor.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I confess to eating spoons of frosting and logging it as alcohol because alcohol is more socially acceptable than standing in your fridge eating frosting.

I would log it as frosting and to heck with what anyone thinks, but if the calories are the same and it works for you, carry on.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Funny, when I was younger and involved in our church, I loved helping with the five year old group at vacation bible school. I can't imagine being a teacher and dealing with them every day, but I loved that age group. Cranky kids are hard to deal with, especially when you aren't at your best. I hope you got to sleep last night!

I did fess up and put my weight back in MFP when I gained. Not happy about it, but it is dropping again. Funny how doctors can give you just the kick in the pants you need to get going again. Drop weight or it's meds for you. Can't tell you how much I want to avoid that.

The threat of meds did it for me.

I love 5-8 year olds they are so funny .
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

I don’t know, I find a real good frosting is pretty good.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I got a call from the clinic director. She wanted to see me, but it can wait until next week. I hardly ever tell her no, but 60 + preschoolers a day has worn me out this week.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    nhqh0r7ay1ds.png

Was it FIREBALL??? Was it FROSTING??

It really only matters if you are driving... Or counting macros.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    That's how you fix it. Own it and move on.

I've just been doing it so much! Last night, for example, dinner was not what I had pre-logged. It was definitely more calories, and then I had 5 pieces of chocolate I didn't log, on top of the Halo Top I did log. (Oh, and I stole a couple big handfuls of hubby's Fritos. :# )

I'm like an ostrich. If I stick my head in the sand (ie, don't log it), it didn't happen, right? 183.6 lbs this morning. I think a good training weight is 175-180, so I want to take off at least four pounds. Not being truthful with myself about what I am eating will not get me there.

I went to scoobysworkshop.com and played around with what my maintenance calories are. About 2700. Which means, if I'm gaining, I'm eating A LOT of calories a day.

I did it again. Tons of chocolate after I closed out my diary. Ugh.

I set my calories on here to maintenance. Every day under 2700 calories will be a victory. 184.4 this morning. :embarassed: I'm going the wrong direction.