Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I confess that I changed my profile pic. I've lost weight and I think it's pretty visible in my face. I'm only posting this so everyone will look at my face!!

Looking good!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I confess that I changed my profile pic. I've lost weight and I think it's pretty visible in my face. I'm only posting this so everyone will look at my face!!

Looking good!

Yes, you do look good! Your confidence is apparent - great job!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

You look beautiful!
  • AlisonShore12
    AlisonShore12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol

:)

Several girls that i workout with do this too :)
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Confession: I just had an hour and a half long conference call with the rest of my company's leadership team and I never stopped posting to the MFP forums.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: I just had an hour and a half long conference call with the rest of my company's leadership team and I never stopped posting to the MFP forums.

Your multitasking skills are impressive, sir!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I found another confession: I'm not a great cook and I don't know how to put appetizers, main dishes, wine, etc together. The only thing I remember from Home Ec is to make sure there are different colored foods on the plate. (So when I make baked sweet potatoes and carrots in same meal, I feel like a failure.)

In college, my roommate and I purposely made single-colored plates to keep things interesting. We actually had to work pretty hard at it for some colors! It was a lovely break from homework. :)
  • rayrayflow
    rayrayflow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tried jumping rope the other night. I couldn't get more than three in a row. #thiswhitemancan'tjump
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Why do people schedule so many meetings at work? Don't they know I have to have time to catch up on this thread? So inconsiderate!

+1 It's like no one cares that I've only spent half my morning in the MFP forums instead of working!

Agreed...work really gets in the way of my MFP time.

I have a review coming up in a couple weeks. I'm a little afraid they're going to have noticed how much time I spend on here. I have talked to them about my lack of work a couple times, but I'm sure they'll give me a hard time anyway.

@ShibaEars‌

I always wonder if they're monitoring my internet usage...can they do that?? Lol.

Yes they can and a lot of times do. We just had a social media "sting" where they monitored everyone's (600+ people) social media usage. Results and punishment are still pending...
  • Joco8975
    Joco8975 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm not sure what my activity level should be. I work at a desk 5 days out of the week for 9 hours. I weight train 6 days out of the week for 45-60mins and I go for runs or walk the dogs when I can. I am 296lbs and I want to lose 50lbs. Am I sedentary because of my desk job or am I a light active person? Any help or support is welcomed. Thanks.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options

I believe that is called mulit-tasking.
  • littled1986
    littled1986 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Joco8975 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what my activity level should be. I work at a desk 5 days out of the week for 9 hours. I weight train 6 days out of the week for 45-60mins and I go for runs or walk the dogs when I can. I am 296lbs and I want to lose 50lbs. Am I sedentary because of my desk job or am I a light active person? Any help or support is welcomed. Thanks.

I'm not sure, but you may want to start a new thread so that your question gets read and you'll get more informative responses. Not to dissuade from this thread because this one is all kinds of fun! Just a suggestion.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I confess that I just redid my profile and got way more enjoyment from it than I should have!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    rayrayflow wrote: »
    I tried jumping rope the other night. I couldn't get more than three in a row. #thiswhitemancan'tjump

Yeah, neither can this white girl, sadly. A couple of years ago I foolishly thought it would be a simple, at-home cardio option so I bought a nice, new jump rope. FAIL. I did get the rope turning a couple times and did it for a couple days in a row, which resulted in a sore, swollen ankle. The jump rope has been under my couch ever since. Such an innocent looking thing that is really quite evil!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Joco8975 wrote: »

Probably best setting your plan to sedentary, then log your workouts and eat back 50-75% of the calories burned.

Confession: Work just upgraded me from a desktop to a laptop, and I plan to "forget" it in my office over the weekend a whole lot. They don't pay me nearly enough to be on call when I'm not actually on call. Which they also don't pay me enough for.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My entire family thinks I'm a slow moving disappointment. It took me until age 23 to commit to college; I'm now applying for transfer to complete my bachelor's (est. graduation: June 2018) and will pursue my master's afterwards, though they are unaware. That makes me a bachelor's grad at 28 and a master's grad at 30.

I've also always been the fat kid in my family. The one with the pretty face. The cute nose. "Suck it in, it's good for your core." "You're getting a little chubby around the middle." "Always hold your head up, double-chins are not attractive."

I deleted every family member aside from my mother off of Facebook three months ago and I don't talk to any of them and it has been SO LIBERATING not to be JUDGED all the time.

I'm in this for my health, for my own self-esteem, so I can be a hot mama one day, but honestly .. I can't WAIT until I'm down to 135lbs with my degree in hand so I can tell them all to SUCK IT! :angry:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to make myself jump rope every morning (I used to be a really good jump roper as a girl). I've improved a lot since starting, but am not very consistent with it.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    rayrayflow wrote: »

Yeah, neither can this white girl, sadly. A couple of years ago I foolishly thought it would be a simple, at-home cardio option so I bought a nice, new jump rope. FAIL. I did get the rope turning a couple times and did it for a couple days in a row, which resulted in a sore, swollen ankle. The jump rope has been under my couch ever since. Such an innocent looking thing that is really quite evil!

Don't tell me this! I just bought a jump rope!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    My entire family thinks I'm a slow moving disappointment. It took me until age 23 to commit to college; I'm now applying for transfer to complete my bachelor's (est. graduation: June 2018) and will pursue my master's afterwards, though they are unaware. That makes me a bachelor's grad at 28 and a master's grad at 30.

I've also always been the fat kid in my family. The one with the pretty face. The cute nose. "Suck it in, it's good for your core." "You're getting a little chubby around the middle." "Always hold your head up, double-chins are not attractive."

I deleted every family member aside from my mother off of Facebook three months ago and I don't talk to any of them and it has been SO LIBERATING not to be JUDGED all the time.

I'm in this for my health, for my own self-esteem, so I can be a hot mama one day, but honestly .. I can't WAIT until I'm down to 135lbs with my degree in hand so I can tell them all to SUCK IT! :angry:

Fantastic! Good for you for being strong enough to do that and I wish you the best of luck with your degree, your health, and your future. Doesn't matter if it takes a little while to accomplish. The point is you can and will do it.