Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I'm going to write both of my employee's up today. We bought 2 $5,000.00 food steamers, one of them came in wrong, and they both signed off that the order shipped complete and correct. The Invoice and the box the unit came in have the wrong Model #. We've had these units in storage for over 2 months, so I'll have to pay a restocking fee because we're past the 30 days return policy.

This will be one of theirs 2nd write up, the first is because he doesn't wash his clothes and he comes to work stinking like funk and axe body spray. I like him but I can't wait to fire him so I don't have to have embarrassing conversations with a grown up about how to clean themselves before work every day.

That's 665, when will 666 come?

7yd3j5xvhsaj.gif
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Why do people schedule so many meetings at work? Don't they know I have to have time to catch up on this thread? So inconsiderate!

+1 It's like no one cares that I've only spent half my morning in the MFP forums instead of working!

Agreed...work really gets in the way of my MFP time.

I have a review coming up in a couple weeks. I'm a little afraid they're going to have noticed how much time I spend on here. I have talked to them about my lack of work a couple times, but I'm sure they'll give me a hard time anyway.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Why do people schedule so many meetings at work? Don't they know I have to have time to catch up on this thread? So inconsiderate!

+1 It's like no one cares that I've only spent half my morning in the MFP forums instead of working!

I have a review coming up in a couple weeks. I'm a little afraid they're going to have noticed how much time I spend on here. I have talked to them about my lack of work a couple times, but I'm sure they'll give me a hard time anyway.

I just got my very first review at this job (only been here since November). It was amazing! I was actually shocked. I expected the "she's new. still has stuff to learn. blah, blah, blah" type stuff. Woo Hoo!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

@ShibaEars‌

I always wonder if they're monitoring my internet usage...can they do that?? Lol.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

My only 'jobs' were jobs where I had nothing to do, as a student. I spent way too much time on some online game forums, and one day one of the IT guy came in and asked in front of everyone who spent so much time on that address. I wanted to hide in a hole.

But seriously... those were 3 of the worst years of my life. I'm sure some people think it's awesome to be paid to do nothing (I wasn't paid much... it was a student thing and the companies were getting money for hiring me in the first place), but when you're 22 and you're feeling completely useless at your job, well... let's say it doesn't do much for self confidence or self esteem. Probably has something to do with me being a SAHM now. Plus it was 15 years ago and let's say there were not that many awesome forums like this one to pass the time either.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'll never understand people who say that they are not hungry for dessert.

@Francl27‌ You and my daughter would get along famously! She ALWAYS and I do mean ALWAYS has room for dessert. Especially is ice cream is involved.

I've eaten dessert knowing without a doubt that I will end up regretting it physically. The most recent case was Applebee's with the Apple ChimicheesecaKEOHGODGETINMYMOUTH...sorry... I knew when I ordered it that I had already overeaten on dinner and anything more was going to make me feel bloated, but damn if I didn't near lick the plate. Couldn't move from the recliner when I got home. It was awful...awfully tasty!

I did that when we went to a local Easten European restaurant months back... I was actually too full for dessert but I refused to leave without trying some... I seriously thought I was going to throw up, and the whole meal wasn't even that good. I'm never going to that place again!

I actually never get dessert at Applebee's because the calories are too high to make it worth it for me. I only get dessert at local restaurants that don't have calories anywhere... that way I can lie to myself that it's only 500-600 calories and not 1000+.

I used to work at Applebee's and those chimi cheesecakes and blondies were probably the only things I would eat. so full of NOM. It was awesome when somebody sent back a dessert cause we'd ALL devour it in the back.

I was so mad when they discontinued the Sizzlin' Apple Pie that I stopped eating there for 2 years.

ETA: Who the *kitten* sends back a dessert? I don't even understand that concept!

No kidding? What's wrong with people?

The only instance I can think of happened to me.

A mom ordered her kid a blondie for his birthday and the kid initially freaked out, screaming " BUT I WANTED CHOCOLATE!!!!"

Welp, knew what my dinner was that evening :/
    ps, it was DELICIOUS.

If that were my kid, she'd eat the blondie, or nothing. Actually, she'd get nothing and I'D eat the blondie to show her that being an ungrateful little brat=no dessert for you and a full stomach for mom.

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Edited because the stupid thing posted twice. I feel your pain @Francl27‌ .
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

@Francl27‌ You and my daughter would get along famously! She ALWAYS and I do mean ALWAYS has room for dessert. Especially is ice cream is involved.

I've eaten dessert knowing without a doubt that I will end up regretting it physically. The most recent case was Applebee's with the Apple ChimicheesecaKEOHGODGETINMYMOUTH...sorry... I knew when I ordered it that I had already overeaten on dinner and anything more was going to make me feel bloated, but damn if I didn't near lick the plate. Couldn't move from the recliner when I got home. It was awful...awfully tasty!

I did that when we went to a local Easten European restaurant months back... I was actually too full for dessert but I refused to leave without trying some... I seriously thought I was going to throw up, and the whole meal wasn't even that good. I'm never going to that place again!

I actually never get dessert at Applebee's because the calories are too high to make it worth it for me. I only get dessert at local restaurants that don't have calories anywhere... that way I can lie to myself that it's only 500-600 calories and not 1000+.

I used to work at Applebee's and those chimi cheesecakes and blondies were probably the only things I would eat. so full of NOM. It was awesome when somebody sent back a dessert cause we'd ALL devour it in the back.

I was so mad when they discontinued the Sizzlin' Apple Pie that I stopped eating there for 2 years.

ETA: Who the *kitten* sends back a dessert? I don't even understand that concept!

A mom ordered her kid a blondie for his birthday and the kid initially freaked out, screaming " BUT I WANTED CHOCOLATE!!!!"

ps, it was DELICIOUS.

If that were my kid, she'd eat the blondie, or nothing. Actually, she'd get nothing and I'D eat the blondie to show her that being an ungrateful little brat=no dessert for you and a full stomach for mom.

Edited because sometimes I forget how the keyboard works.

Dang right.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

ps, it was DELICIOUS.

If that were my kid, she'd eat the blondie, or nothing. Actually, she'd get nothing and I"D eat the blondie to show her that being an ungrateful little brat=no dessert for you and a full stomach for mom.

My son ordered a cannoli a couple months ago.. I knew full well that he wouldn't eat it, it just gave me an excuse to have two desserts (and obviously he didn't get anything else).
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I'm going to write both of my employee's up today. We bought 2 $5,000.00 food steamers, one of them came in wrong, and they both signed off that the order shipped complete and correct. The Invoice and the box the unit came in have the wrong Model #. We've had these units in storage for over 2 months, so I'll have to pay a restocking fee because we're past the 30 days return policy.

This will be one of theirs 2nd write up, the first is because he doesn't wash his clothes and he comes to work stinking like funk and axe body spray. I like him but I can't wait to fire him so I don't have to have embarrassing conversations with a grown up about how to clean themselves before work every day.

That's 665, when will 666 come?

That is so gross! UGH! I do not understand people! I worked with this girl years ago and she was always nasty. She sometimes smelled, and wore dirty clothes. I remember one time, she wore the same skirt for days and days on end and then turned it inside out when the outside was filthy! The worse part, was that coworker AND customers would complain about her and management was always pulling her in the office to discuss her personal hygiene. It never helped....and I cannot believe that either....seriously, if someone from work pulled me aside to say that people were complaining that I was smelly or dirty, I would be SO mortified I would bathe in bleach before work from that point on!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym today and I only had 35 min so I tried really hard to go fast to burn as much as I could. I was dying after a while and I suddenly pictured myself on the Biggest Loser and I was the last man standing on my team and I was racing only one other person and my team was cheering and thousands were watching me on tv so it seriously got me through the last 10 min. I hope I won. Also, Dota by Basshunter is just the best song to get you past the last 3 min. :)

I'm so going to try that! and also, Bob shouting at me
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    threnjen wrote: »

If you're really interested, there's a whole DIY Soylent movement. I've heard you can get all the ingredients pretty cheap if you're willing to buy them in bulk and mix it yourself. I'm not sure what people mean by "cheap," though.

I'm pretty behind on the thread so maybe this was addressed already, but I did DIY Soylent for a while. It worked really well and it was very filling. It was really convenient!

What did it taste like?

It was fine, I made one that used cocoa powder for a chocolaty tone. My hubby drank it and liked it too. I'm not even sure why I stopped. I think just because I discovered quest bars.

• DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    When the old guy I work with is around and I’m eating my banana I make eye contact with him and bite and chew the banana really slowly because I know it freaks him out. Sometime I go out of my way to do it just so I can get a laugh at how much it makes his skin crawl.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

My only 'jobs' were jobs where I had nothing to do, as a student. I spent way too much time on some online game forums, and one day one of the IT guy came in and asked in front of everyone who spent so much time on that address. I wanted to hide in a hole.

But seriously... those were 3 of the worst years of my life. I'm sure some people think it's awesome to be paid to do nothing (I wasn't paid much... it was a student thing and the companies were getting money for hiring me in the first place), but when you're 22 and you're feeling completely useless at your job, well... let's say it doesn't do much for self confidence or self esteem. Probably has something to do with me being a SAHM now. Plus it was 15 years ago and let's say there were not that many awesome forums like this one to pass the time either.

Being bored at work is the absolute worst. I'd rather be so busy I could barely get it all done than to be bored. I just switched roles within the same company this week because old job was so boring. When there was something to do, it was tedious work that a fresh college graduate could have done. New job is starting to ramp up, hallelujah!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Long ago when I was a know-it-all teenager who was in great shape, I thought to myself "how do people get so fat? Do they not notice? If I started gaining weight, I would notice and do something about it right away". Karma sure caught up to me for those thoughts. Geeze. What a jerk I was.

Me too.

Specifically, in junior high I had an extremely obese teacher and I was mean (behind her back--she was a mean teacher in my defense, but still), but also just could not figure out how someone could possibly let herself grow out of multiple sizes clothes through gaining weight, let alone get that obese. Shrug, I learned it wasn't so hard, really.

It does make me more tolerant of the questions about that which sometimes turn up on MFP.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

If you're really interested, there's a whole DIY Soylent movement. I've heard you can get all the ingredients pretty cheap if you're willing to buy them in bulk and mix it yourself. I'm not sure what people mean by "cheap," though.

I'm pretty behind on the thread so maybe this was addressed already, but I did DIY Soylent for a while. It worked really well and it was very filling. It was really convenient!

What did it taste like?

It was fine, I made one that used cocoa powder for a chocolaty tone. My hubby drank it and liked it too. I'm not even sure why I stopped. I think just because I discovered quest bars.

Interesting. Thank you for letting me know!
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options

@ShibaEars‌

I always wonder if they're monitoring my internet usage...can they do that?? Lol.

One of the questions on my station's "Radio Trivia" was about this the other day. Apparently 73% of employers monitor employees email and internet usage and only 30% are upfront about it.
  • Kanga42697
    Kanga42697 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My confession: when my son used to take his lunch to school, I'd buy 2 of everything - cookies, chips, etc. At first I justified it by figuring that we'll all snack on the extra, or there's some for his pals when they came out. (No there weren't!) There were times of the month that the cookies wouldn't make it 2 days....
  • littled1986
    littled1986 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I confess that I changed my profile pic. I've lost weight and I think it's pretty visible in my face. I'm only posting this so everyone will look at my face!!
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I confess that I've eaten an entire chocolate bar over the course of only two days and it's making me sort of nervous. Oh well. NO RAGRETS.

Also, I am now officially heavier than I've ever been. Kinda like having boobs, kinda want to stab myself.