Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10120562/why-counting-calories-could-be-making-you-fatter/p1

Here ya go. Be entertained. (Sorry, OJ, i don't know how to rename it to make it look cool.)

Hahahaha I've been following this one- entertaining to read but not worth commenting on!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10120562/why-counting-calories-could-be-making-you-fatter/p1

Here ya go. Be entertained. (Sorry, OJ, i don't know how to rename it to make it look cool.)

Hahahaha I've been following this one- entertaining to read but not worth commenting on!

Oh, I had to throw one comment in there. Just for fun.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I just removed a friend here today after she posted on her feed that she's dreading Thursdays because she always succumbs to sweets and bad foods on Thursdays. Oh noes.

My confession is that if someone believes in demonizing food, I don't even know why they sent me a friend request in the first place.

And I'm having the last of my kids' ice cream birthday cake for lunch. And by lunch I mean now... at 10.30am.

FR sent!
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'll never understand people who say that they are not hungry for dessert.

@Francl27‌ You and my daughter would get along famously! She ALWAYS and I do mean ALWAYS has room for dessert. Especially is ice cream is involved.

I've eaten dessert knowing without a doubt that I will end up regretting it physically. The most recent case was Applebee's with the Apple ChimicheesecaKEOHGODGETINMYMOUTH...sorry... I knew when I ordered it that I had already overeaten on dinner and anything more was going to make me feel bloated, but damn if I didn't near lick the plate. Couldn't move from the recliner when I got home. It was awful...awfully tasty!

I did that when we went to a local Easten European restaurant months back... I was actually too full for dessert but I refused to leave without trying some... I seriously thought I was going to throw up, and the whole meal wasn't even that good. I'm never going to that place again!

I actually never get dessert at Applebee's because the calories are too high to make it worth it for me. I only get dessert at local restaurants that don't have calories anywhere... that way I can lie to myself that it's only 500-600 calories and not 1000+.

I used to work at Applebee's and those chimi cheesecakes and blondies were probably the only things I would eat. so full of NOM. It was awesome when somebody sent back a dessert cause we'd ALL devour it in the back.

I was so mad when they discontinued the Sizzlin' Apple Pie that I stopped eating there for 2 years.

ETA: Who the *kitten* sends back a dessert? I don't even understand that concept!

No kidding? What's wrong with people?

I LOVE dessert but I hate any kind of whipped or pouring cream. So if you bring me a sundae with cream on top when I specified no cream, it's getting sent back. You wouldn't think it was that difficult of an instruction, but it happens all the time. I used to be a waitress so I can't really understand why it's so difficult.

Habit, I'm sure. It's probably just automatic to top a sundae with whipped cream. It is annoying though that they don't remember or don't listen to your request.

Back when I was a wine drinker I kind of did this to "test" the quality of the restaurant and server. I'd ask for a glass of pinot grigio, but several times all they hear is "pinot" and bring me a pinot noir.

See a good server, upon hearing "pinot" without the specified afterwards, would always ask grigio or noir. Well.... a good server anyway. I am glad I always ask when I get people like you ;p hah!

confession; after work last night and after had tasting several wines, I decided it was a grand idea to stop at marble slab creamery for a swirl of cinnamon cheesecake ice cream. Even though I got the small, the lady gave me an extra scoop and me being me I decided to weight it going home... and yeah, it was an extra 200 calories.

Whoops, sorry not sorry. It was awesome, and yet still managed to stay under maintenance.

• LBuehrle8
    Options
    I get a kick out of the "I started working out and eating 1500 a week ago and no results, what am I doing wrong?!"

Seriously, a week? C'mon now people!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I'm on the mailing list still from a florist I used to place orders with. Today I got an email, the subject line was "For Peeps Sake..." I almost burst out laughing.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    A coworker forgot her cookies for yesterday's potluck, so she brought them in today. I said I would have one. I ate it, then realized that I forgot to have my tea with it. So I got another cookie. But it's a rather large cup of tea, so I may need to get yet another cookie to finish it.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I confess to almost choking myself on my toothbrush whilst attempting jumping jacks at 10 p.m. last night to get those last 100 steps to 15k on my fitbit. I just marched in place after that.

15k accomplished though :sunglasses:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Here ya go. Be entertained. (Sorry, OJ, I don't know how to rename it to make it look cool.)

I love it when people post threads about why calorie counting doesn't work on a calorie counting website.
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    I just removed a friend here today after she posted on her feed that she's dreading Thursdays because she always succumbs to sweets and bad foods on Thursdays. Oh noes.

My confession is that if someone believes in demonizing food, I don't even know why they sent me a friend request in the first place.

And I'm having the last of my kids' ice cream birthday cake for lunch. And by lunch I mean now... at 10.30am.

I remove people that haven't logged in for 4 days. I'll send a message to friends after 2 days of not logging in to help keep them motivated, that's what I'm here for. 4 days that means you don't care enough to read a message from your fitness pal, so i wash my hands of thee!!!

I confess there are a few friends I keep even though they haven't logged on in weeks/months. I keep hoping they'll come back because they were actually really awesome :cry:

I also confess that I will delete people who look like friend hoarders. They have 150+ friends but never comment on anything ever.

I don't pretend to be ultra-supportive, but I do like to have interactions with my friends.
  • ShibaEars
    Options

I remove people that haven't logged in for 4 days. I'll send a message to friends after 2 days of not logging in to help keep them motivated, that's what I'm here for. 4 days that means you don't care enough to read a message from your fitness pal, so i wash my hands of thee!!!

I confess there are a few friends I keep even though they haven't logged on in weeks/months. I keep hoping they'll come back because they were actually really awesome :cry:

I also confess that I will delete people who look like friend hoarders. They have 150+ friends but never comment on anything ever.

I don't pretend to be ultra-supportive, but I do like to have interactions with my friends.

I've only removed a couple people, one that was really annoying and a couple that hadn't been on for almost a year. If it's only been a few months I'll leave them. They might come back, and even if they don't, they aren't cluttering up my newsfeed so it doesn't really matter. I've gotten a lot of friend requests lately, which is awesome, but I may have to stop adding some because I won't be able to keep track of that many people. :( I like to have some interactions with my friends as well.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'll never understand people who say that they are not hungry for dessert.

@Francl27‌ You and my daughter would get along famously! She ALWAYS and I do mean ALWAYS has room for dessert. Especially is ice cream is involved.

I've eaten dessert knowing without a doubt that I will end up regretting it physically. The most recent case was Applebee's with the Apple ChimicheesecaKEOHGODGETINMYMOUTH...sorry... I knew when I ordered it that I had already overeaten on dinner and anything more was going to make me feel bloated, but damn if I didn't near lick the plate. Couldn't move from the recliner when I got home. It was awful...awfully tasty!

I did that when we went to a local Easten European restaurant months back... I was actually too full for dessert but I refused to leave without trying some... I seriously thought I was going to throw up, and the whole meal wasn't even that good. I'm never going to that place again!

I actually never get dessert at Applebee's because the calories are too high to make it worth it for me. I only get dessert at local restaurants that don't have calories anywhere... that way I can lie to myself that it's only 500-600 calories and not 1000+.

I used to work at Applebee's and those chimi cheesecakes and blondies were probably the only things I would eat. so full of NOM. It was awesome when somebody sent back a dessert cause we'd ALL devour it in the back.

I was so mad when they discontinued the Sizzlin' Apple Pie that I stopped eating there for 2 years.

ETA: Who the *kitten* sends back a dessert? I don't even understand that concept!

No kidding? What's wrong with people?

I LOVE dessert but I hate any kind of whipped or pouring cream. So if you bring me a sundae with cream on top when I specified no cream, it's getting sent back. You wouldn't think it was that difficult of an instruction, but it happens all the time. I used to be a waitress so I can't really understand why it's so difficult.

Habit, I'm sure. It's probably just automatic to top a sundae with whipped cream. It is annoying though that they don't remember or don't listen to your request.

Back when I was a wine drinker I kind of did this to "test" the quality of the restaurant and server. I'd ask for a glass of pinot grigio, but several times all they hear is "pinot" and bring me a pinot noir.

See a good server, upon hearing "pinot" without the specified afterwards, would always ask grigio or noir. Well.... a good server anyway. I am glad I always ask when I get people like you ;p hah!

confession; after work last night and after had tasting several wines, I decided it was a grand idea to stop at marble slab creamery for a swirl of cinnamon cheesecake ice cream. Even though I got the small, the lady gave me an extra scoop and me being me I decided to weight it going home... and yeah, it was an extra 200 calories.

Whoops, sorry not sorry. It was awesome, and yet still managed to stay under maintenance.

Oh, no, per my bolded, YES, I always said "pinot grigio" but a lot of times the server did not listen to my full request, much like they did with your sundae. Sorry I wasn't clear on that!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    <---- New avatar in honor of all you peeps!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

This. If someone adds me the first thing I look at is how many friends they have. Do you need more than 150 friends?
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I confess that I get irritated when I come back to this thread after being at work and there are 300+ new comments, and I feel like I rush through them and even skip some to catch up, and then hours and hours later, I have time to sit here, and there 11 new comments.....exactly what happened today......

Don't you guys know you are all supposed to be online at the same times I am! :p

Yes, this is me exactly! Every day.

Y'all motherf****rs never post during east coast PM drive time and it drives me crazy waiting for you to get home.

You're lucky I post at all after 3:00 MST. Be grateful for what you get. (jk, don't unfriend me o:) ) BTW, "Tincan", I now think of you as 'Gary and his pet human.'

I am...okay with that, actually.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    nm

• overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I confess that sometimes I go into threads and start typing out a response that I think will help the OP, and then a little voice in my head says, "they're not going to listen to you anyway" and I always delete what I've written.

I do this, but I delete what I've written mostly because I don't want people jumping down my throat demanding that I cite scientific data to back up my words (even though I try to be careful and preface everything with something like "it's been my personal experience that...") or snarkily telling me that I'm wrong, wrong, wrong and calling me an idiot.

I guess my confession is that I hate confrontation (even virtual confrontation). :\
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

I've only removed a couple people, one that was really annoying and a couple that hadn't been on for almost a year. If it's only been a few months I'll leave them. They might come back, and even if they don't, they aren't cluttering up my newsfeed so it doesn't really matter. I've gotten a lot of friend requests lately, which is awesome, but I may have to stop adding some because I won't be able to keep track of that many people. :( I like to have some interactions with my friends as well.

Ah, true. Not sure why, but it makes me feel cluttered. I guess it's a combination of how long they've been gone, and what kind of pal they were before they stopped logging.
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You know that person? That person who asks for advice so you point them at the calculators and you discuss nutrition and macros and recipes and your jaw aches but you think just once.....just once they might actually listen. But no, they throw their hands up when the calculator says 1500 cals not the fabled 1200 cals and then they work out like a crazy beast and then they binge on junk food and THEN they tell you they can't understand why they haven't lost because they've been so good?

I want to punch that person.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Nix143 wrote: »
    You know that person? That person who asks for advice so you point them at the calculators and you discuss nutrition and macros and recipes and your jaw aches but you think just once.....just once they might actually listen. But no, they throw their hands up when the calculator says 1500 cals not the fabled 1200 cals and then they work out like a crazy beast and then they binge on junk food and THEN they tell you they can't understand why they haven't lost because they've been so good?

I want to punch that person.

Snaps! Agreed!