Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    My chest and butt went almost flat after losing weight so I sometimes wear padding sigh
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    New Avatar, "All We Are Saying Is Give Peeps A Chance"

@AgentOrangeJuice‌

This just cracked me up...at work...guess the jig is up that I'm actually working.

• 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I confess that sometimes I go into threads and start typing out a response that I think will help the OP, and then a little voice in my head says, "they're not going to listen to you anyway" and I always delete what I've written.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I confess that sometimes I go into threads and start typing out a response that I think will help the OP, and then a little voice in my head says, "they're not going to listen to you anyway" and I always delete what I've written.

I've done that, too. I'm not sure why I waste my time in the first place.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Mpol2 wrote: »
    wrote:

There's only 14 posts left until 666. I don't want build this up too much, but seriously, what kind of terrible things have I done!?

Did you design your Avatar? And if so... Did you EAT it? If so...how quickly?

no, I'm a bing image search guy.
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

@AgentOrangeJuice‌

This just cracked me up...at work...guess the jig is up that I'm actually working.

It's going to be a hard one to top, that's for sure. I've been thinking about it for all night.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Sad confession: I see people post a lot about snacking on a spoon of peanut butter, or peanut butter with chocolate chips. Decided to try it, wasn't all that, or a bag of chips.

Think I'll stick with the chocolate mousse.
    I can't believe I've never thought of eating chocolate chips with my peanut butter. I know what I'm having for my after dinner snack!
    nuffer wrote: »
    Three weeks ago I cured and smoked eight pounds of bacon. Tonight I stuffed and packaged about 12 pounds of chicken/pork/basil/tomato sausage.
    All the meat, it is mine. That used to be my slogan. Now I give most of it away, it seems. Drives my wife crazy. Don't care, will do it again.

Can we please be friends? I provide baked goods and preserves...
    My thoughts exactly!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Confession: Sometimes I think something must be wrong with me. I’ve been with my boyfriend for almost 11 years but he won’t marry me. I don’t want to be one of those girls that nags someone to get married. I know it is just a paper but it is something I actually want in life.

Does he know this? If so, what does he say? My personal opinion is that as long as he is fully committed to you then that is great. BUT, if marriage is very important to you then I hope you two can work it out because 11 years is a long time! Good luck!

Yes, that's the weird part. He used to say that he didn't believe in marriage. Then for a few years (at about year 5) he said he would get married and he even wrote me a cute little, "will you marry me?" note. Then he switched back again and says he doesn't believe in marriage. He won't give me an answer as to why though/what changed. I think that is what bothers me. He is committed and I trust him. I feel kinda silly being bothered by not being married... It does depress me sometimes when I see everyone else getting married. I ask every now and then but I don't push it.

I'm trying to get caught up on reading this thread so I'll probably comment more in a bit. :)

My confession of the day: I once read a thread (I think it was on these forums a long time ago) about a guy who was trying hard to lose weight and then all the sudden he was very successful. It turned out he had cancer but didn't know it and that was the reason he was able to lose weight successfully for once. He was writing it as a note to let people know to make sure they watch their health and be cautious. I sometimes wonder if that is what is going on with me. I know it is because I've been better about logging etc. But that thread stuck with me so I always wonder in the back of my mind if that is why I'm able to succeed these days when I had so much trouble in the past.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to buy the candy for my kids' Easter baskets tonight after work. Yes, I still make Easter baskets for my 20 and 21 year old kids. I confess that I'm plotting to buy an extra bag of everything to keep in my secret hiding place for the next time I can be home alone for a day.
  • sonewme
    sonewme Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll have such a bad day of eating that I just want to quick add 3000 calories under "I don't even wanna talk about it"
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options

I've done that. I think I hit the backspace key more than the enter (post reply) button. Sometimes I figure why bother with (some) people, other times I just don't want to put *myself* out there.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Confession: I might just park my happy a-s online for the morning until it's walking time later on. It's cold(er) out, some wind, won't be all that enjoyable but I will go later on. Until then me = lazy right now.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »

I've done that. I think I hit the backspace key more than the enter (post reply) button. Sometimes I figure why bother with (some) people, other times I just don't want to put *myself* out there.

I do this pretty regularly. I also do it on FB. I've corrected people enough in the past that I know which friends are receptive to it and which aren't. I still want to do it but usually don't.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Mpol2 wrote: »
    wrote:

There's only 14 posts left until 666. I don't want build this up too much, but seriously, what kind of terrible things have I done!?

Did you design your Avatar? And if so... Did you EAT it? If so...how quickly?

no, I'm a bing image search guy.
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

@AgentOrangeJuice‌

It's going to be a hard one to top, that's for sure. I've been thinking about it for all night.

Time well spent, my friend.

• InCHarmsWay
    InCHarmsWay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'll never understand people who say that they are not hungry for dessert.

I always tell people- "my dinner compartment may be full, but my dessert compartment is empty!". So I guess I consider myself to be like a cow, with multiple stomachs for different types of food. :blush:
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Confession: Sometimes I think something must be wrong with me. I’ve been with my boyfriend for almost 11 years but he won’t marry me. I don’t want to be one of those girls that nags someone to get married. I know it is just a paper but it is something I actually want in life.

I completely understand this. I have been with my SO for 17+ years. 2 kids, a house and a dog...seriously married in real life but never had a wedding. Some days I am very sad that I don't get to be the Princess for a day (and I am not a girlygirl so this surprises me) and other days I am glad I didn't spend money on a wedding. My father passed away when I was younger so I always envisioned myself walking solo to the alter but now that my FIL is sick and will possibly be gone in the next year, I think about asking him to walk me instead and I know I am running out of time if I want this to happen. Each day brings a new decision.

I'm sorry. I hope everything works out for you as well! That is so sad. :(

I think that is another big thing. I got to see my dad walk my sister down the aisle and he isn't getting any younger. My SO lost his father a few years ago and it makes me sad to think that I may never get to have my dad walk me down the aisle like my sister did.

I'm the same way though, I don't want a big wedding. I'm happy where I am but at the same time I'm sad. I'm torn. Like you said though, we are basically married as it is. Live together, pay bills together, working on starting a business together.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Sad confession: I see people post a lot about snacking on a spoon of peanut butter, or peanut butter with chocolate chips. Decided to try it, wasn't all that, or a bag of chips.

Think I'll stick with the chocolate mousse.

Confession: I know I'm weird, but although I like the flavor of peanut butter and don't mind it at all with some chocolate or in a protein bar, I don't like the texture on its own, and the idea of just eating a big spoonful of peanut butter (or any kind of nut butter, probably) makes me cringe. It seems like the most disappointing use of calories.

Nuts, on the other hand, are great.
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Confession 1: I'm so happy that the class I teach was canceled. Now I can catch up on this thread. Over 20 pages of it. :smile:

Confession 2: I just spent 2.5 hours cleaning and wore my ankle weights the whole time.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm avoiding visiting my mother, partly because she always makes some comment about my weight. I don't think she's being malicious, or that she even realises she's doing it, but it makes me feel like crap when I was previously quite happy with my progress. And I know it won't stop when I reach goal, because she's always been like this even when I was slimmer. I think she's just uncomfortable about her own (perfectly healthy) weight and is projecting.

It's rubbish that I allow this to comes between us, but I can't bring myself to have this discussion with her because of all the awkwardness that will ensue. I'm sure I'll regret this some day.

I understand. You're not the only one.

I'm avoiding visiting my mother because she's crazy. She's in poor health, crazy about weight loss, is destituting herself giving money she doesn't have to a "church"...I'm at a loss. She's been on a crazy diet my entire life. One after another, and never seemed to lose weight. I actually credit these weird diets with her health issues. She's very, very negative about her own weight as well as everyone else's. My 12 year old daughter is probably 5'8" & wears a size 3-5. My mom even comments on her weight then back tracks and says that she doesn't want to cause her to develop an eating disorder. *sigh* I have to limit my contact with her for my own mental health. I get panic attacks if I have too much contact with her.

Confession: I went to visit her Monday to help her clean (borderline hoarder) & when I came home, I cried on my husband for two hours. Once everyone went to bed, I paced the house and drank half a bottle of whiskey. Woke up at 1am and started vomiting. Ugh! I have never drank until I was sick.... so embarrassing. I'm just so upset that I can't help her. :(
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    I confess that I get irritated when I come back to this thread after being at work and there are 300+ new comments, and I feel like I rush through them and even skip some to catch up, and then hours and hours later, I have time to sit here, and there 11 new comments.....exactly what happened today......

Don't you guys know you are all supposed to be online at the same times I am! :p

Yes, this is me exactly! Every day.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I can't eat jello, or gelatinous foods, the texture totally freaks me out.

Also, you can't touch my collar bones, totally skeeves me out, like my gag reflex will go off and it'll induce vomiting.

8 posts left