Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I confess that I get irritated when I come back to this thread after being at work and there are 300+ new comments, and I feel like I rush through them and even skip some to catch up, and then hours and hours later, I have time to sit here, and there 11 new comments.....exactly what happened today......

Don't you guys know you are all supposed to be online at the same times I am! :p

Yes, this is me exactly! Every day.

Y'all motherf****rs never post during east coast PM drive time and it drives me crazy waiting for you to get home.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If I'm expecting a food to be soft when I bite it, like a cheeseburger, and there is a huge crunchy onion or piece of lettuce in there, I can't eat it anymore. And it's not that I don't like crunchy food, just that the unexpected texture freaks me out.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    In the forums I read the title of the thread , the first line or two of the OP post and then reply, I just want my opinion heard

Most of you will do the exact same and not notice that I somply said someithng mental like all the puppies died to finish

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    If I'm expecting a food to be soft when I bite it, like a cheeseburger, and there is a huge crunchy onion or piece of lettuce in there, I can't eat it anymore. And it's not that I don't like crunchy food, just that the unexpected texture freaks me out.

Is it because of bugs or thinking dirt got in there or maybe someone touched it or did something to it? I in no way ever do that. :#
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Sad confession: I see people post a lot about snacking on a spoon of peanut butter, or peanut butter with chocolate chips. Decided to try it, wasn't all that, or a bag of chips.

Think I'll stick with the chocolate mousse.

Confession: I know I'm weird, but although I like the flavor of peanut butter and don't mind it at all with some chocolate or in a protein bar, I don't like the texture on its own, and the idea of just eating a big spoonful of peanut butter (or any kind of nut butter, probably) makes me cringe. It seems like the most disappointing use of calories.

Nuts, on the other hand, are great.

:p

giphy.gif
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »

Is it because of bugs or thinking dirt got in there or maybe someone touched it or did something to it? I in no way ever do that. :#

Well if it wasn't before, it is now lol. Mostly I think it's a sensory issue. Or I'm just weird.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I just removed a friend here today after she posted on her feed that she's dreading Thursdays because she always succumbs to sweets and bad foods on Thursdays. Oh noes.

My confession is that if someone believes in demonizing food, I don't even know why they sent me a friend request in the first place.

And I'm having the last of my kids' ice cream birthday cake for lunch. And by lunch I mean now... at 10.30am.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I just removed a friend here today after she posted on her feed that she's dreading Thursdays because she always succumbs to sweets and bad foods on Thursdays. Oh noes.

My confession is that if someone believes in demonizing food, I don't even know why they sent me a friend request in the first place.

And I'm having the last of my kids' ice cream birthday cake for lunch. And by lunch I mean now... at 10.30am.

You should start a thread about good/bad food to see how others feel. It's sure to be a success.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

I remove people that haven't logged in for 4 days. I'll send a message to friends after 2 days of not logging in to help keep them motivated, that's what I'm here for. 4 days that means you don't care enough to read a message from your fitness pal, so i wash my hands of thee!!!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I confess that I get irritated when I come back to this thread after being at work and there are 300+ new comments, and I feel like I rush through them and even skip some to catch up, and then hours and hours later, I have time to sit here, and there 11 new comments.....exactly what happened today......

Don't you guys know you are all supposed to be online at the same times I am! :p

Heh, I feel this way about all the fast moving threads.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    New Avatar, "All We Are Saying Is Give Peeps A Chance"

Cute new avatar.

Confession, I'm trying to help you reach 666. :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »

If you're really interested, there's a whole DIY Soylent movement. I've heard you can get all the ingredients pretty cheap if you're willing to buy them in bulk and mix it yourself. I'm not sure what people mean by "cheap," though.

I'm pretty behind on the thread so maybe this was addressed already, but I did DIY Soylent for a while. It worked really well and it was very filling. It was really convenient!

What did it taste like?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

You should start a thread about good/bad food to see how others feel. It's sure to be a success.

Haha because we really need another one of those!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'll never understand people who say that they are not hungry for dessert.

@Francl27‌ You and my daughter would get along famously! She ALWAYS and I do mean ALWAYS has room for dessert. Especially is ice cream is involved.

I've eaten dessert knowing without a doubt that I will end up regretting it physically. The most recent case was Applebee's with the Apple ChimicheesecaKEOHGODGETINMYMOUTH...sorry... I knew when I ordered it that I had already overeaten on dinner and anything more was going to make me feel bloated, but damn if I didn't near lick the plate. Couldn't move from the recliner when I got home. It was awful...awfully tasty!

I did that when we went to a local Easten European restaurant months back... I was actually too full for dessert but I refused to leave without trying some... I seriously thought I was going to throw up, and the whole meal wasn't even that good. I'm never going to that place again!

I actually never get dessert at Applebee's because the calories are too high to make it worth it for me. I only get dessert at local restaurants that don't have calories anywhere... that way I can lie to myself that it's only 500-600 calories and not 1000+.

I used to work at Applebee's and those chimi cheesecakes and blondies were probably the only things I would eat. so full of NOM. It was awesome when somebody sent back a dessert cause we'd ALL devour it in the back.

I was so mad when they discontinued the Sizzlin' Apple Pie that I stopped eating there for 2 years.

ETA: Who the *kitten* sends back a dessert? I don't even understand that concept!

No kidding? What's wrong with people?

I LOVE dessert but I hate any kind of whipped or pouring cream. So if you bring me a sundae with cream on top when I specified no cream, it's getting sent back. You wouldn't think it was that difficult of an instruction, but it happens all the time. I used to be a waitress so I can't really understand why it's so difficult.

Habit, I'm sure. It's probably just automatic to top a sundae with whipped cream. It is annoying though that they don't remember or don't listen to your request.

Back when I was a wine drinker I kind of did this to "test" the quality of the restaurant and server. I'd ask for a glass of pinot grigio, but several times all they hear is "pinot" and bring me a pinot noir.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Y'all motherf****rs never post during east coast PM drive time and it drives me crazy waiting for you to get home.

You're lucky I post at all after 3:00 MST. Be grateful for what you get. (jk, don't unfriend me o:) ) BTW, "Tincan", I now think of you as 'Gary and his pet human.'
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options

That texture difference thing is exactly why I don't like nuts in cookies or fudge. I'm happily anticipating a nice, soft, warm bite of chocolate chip cookie and then ARGH WHAT WAS THAT? when I hit a nut. My mom used to make fudge with nuts but leave a portion at the end without nuts just for me. Thanks, Mommer!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I remove people that haven't logged in for 4 days. I'll send a message to friends after 2 days of not logging in to help keep them motivated, that's what I'm here for. 4 days that means you don't care enough to read a message from your fitness pal, so i wash my hands of thee!!!

Yikes! Remind me to warn you if I am going on vacation or something. You're harsh. :p
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    If I removed friends who didn't log all the time I'd have no friends on here haha I don't have enough friends or family members using this app!

Confession: I don't know whether to be happy or sad that I don't have many friends on here since most people in my life are fit and healthy
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP simply to look at hot chicks, so far so good
  • quiksylver296
    edited March 2015
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10120562/why-counting-calories-could-be-making-you-fatter/p1

Here ya go. Be entertained. (Sorry, OJ, I don't know how to rename it to make it look cool.)