Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options

I have a 14yo daughter to whom I am contemplating introducing to Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

And Carey Elwes is hot.

Thanks. Now I can't get that song out of my head. :smiley:

• castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I was feeling tired last night and just ate a whole bunch of food (probably 1000 calories) that I didn't need in the evening. Still felt full at bedtime. I normally eat two meals a day (known commonly as intermittent fasting), and I wasn't really hungry. Just tired. You know, emotional eating. Anyway, I am over it. Back on track today and feeling much better. But I won't check the scale until Sunday...
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Confession: My shoulders are sore, and I blame @BZAH10 and @ythannah. I mean that in the nicest way possible. :)

Awesome! This makes me unreasonably happy. I guess this is the first time in a long time I feel like I've actually helped someone else.

I kind of think of you as the fairy godmother of this thread... You are kind and always take time to interact with people who have deep or out there stuff going on. I think you've helped a lot of people here.

I feel the same way. @BZAH10 makes such an effort to post helpful replies to so many people on here and remember all kinds of details from prior posts.

And for some weird reason I found this on page 3?? Might be a MFP glitch (or might just be what I'm seeing) but new posts don't seem to be updating the last post time.

Thank you BOTH for the kind words! That really means a lot to me. Seeing as how this is a "confessions" thread, I'll just say that I'm going through a phase IRL right now where I'm not feeling useful or beneficial to anyone. I kind of just slog through each day, one foot in front of the other, and deny that I'm kind of unhappy and just go through the motions.

Perhaps I'm over-compensating here, but I do love this thread: I love the pace, the variety, the topics, and all the great peeps! Real and marshmallow! Anyway, thanks again.

Sorry you feel that way IRL, here I think your posts are great!

Thank you. I'm at a crossroad: do I make some personal changes and see where it goes (could be better; could be worse)? Or do I just keep living my mediocre life? I know the grass always looks greener on the other side until you get there, so I just don't want to make the wrong decision. But, no risks, no rewards, right?

I read a quote recently that reminded me of myself: "My decision-making skills resemble that of a squirrel crossing the street."

Interesting... my husband and I are at a crossroads like that. We live in a city where there are good jobs and lots of money but not a lot to do for people who are dinks (Double Income No Kids). We have considered moving across the country where we are closer to the Eastern US so we can explore all the different cities out that way but the jobs and $$ is just not as good. I also want to start trying for a baby soon and feel bad for my parents/his parents if were were to leave b/c they would be missing out. It's such a hard balance some times. Do you stay where you are b/c it's comfortable and you know how green the grass is or do you take the risk and chance it? It's always hard.

I live on the East Coast (Boston area) right now. FWIW I would say if you want to move, the time to do it is before kids. If it wouldn't harm your career trajectory, you can discover a new place and enjoy your childless freedom. you could also afford a smaller place like and awesome loft etc. You can always move back to your parents when you have a baby, or not. Plus even if you did have a baby, they are pretty portable until they high kindergarten. However, the benefit of inlaws/parents when you have a little one cannot be understated.

But I like to move around and get a three year itch when I stay one place for too long.

Boston is on our list of places we would love to visit. My husband is 7'2" and my husband hates flying as he gets quite claustrophobic (even when getting the emergency exit rows or the bulk heads). We have flown to Vegas, San Fran, and New York. We were in NYC for Christmas and New Years 2012 and after that he was done with flying. So far, from where we live, we have driven to Seattle (13.5 hours), Spokane (10.5) hours, Minneapolis (19) hours and we've done this one twice as we are Vikings fans, and last but not least, Chicago (26 hours and we stopped in MN to catch a Vikings game). 28 hours was about our max we could do in one shot and Boston is about 42 hours w/o stopping. Hence, why we would love to move closer to east once we save some more $$$.

I wish I had kahonas to pick up and move every three years to check out new places. The stress of trying to find a new place to live and work would be a bit much for me, I think.

• BrittaniDirks
    BrittaniDirks Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I had a bacon egg and cheese biscuit from Hardy's yesterday morning, and I never logged it in my daily food diary!!
  • cranor130
    cranor130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I had a bacon egg and cheese biscuit from Hardy's yesterday morning, and I never logged it in my daily food diary!!

Sounds awesome!!!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    trish56832 wrote: »
    @AgentOrangeJuice - You live in Dekalb? I thought you said Quad Cities awhile back...my memory is slipping! I'm originally from a little town near Dekalb, Oregon.

My confession I have a son in College in Dekalb and another in Iowa. I had to look up distance of Quad cities because I didn't consider that close to Dekalb. About 100 miles in between if anyone cares :) I am 65 miles from where tornado touched down :)

I guess distance is relative. 100 miles is in the neighborhood to me.

Those storms went right over us and triggered all of our storm warning systems.
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Had a 4200+ binge yesterday :flushed:
    Literally had to force myself to work out this morning. I have no motivation right now
  • Meliyah36
    Meliyah36 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Kelll12123 wrote: »
    I ate over half a carton of ice cream in one sitting last week
    I am jealous. lol
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Had a 4200+ binge yesterday :flushed:
    Literally had to force myself to work out this morning. I have no motivation right now
    As a recovering binge eater, let me just say, I feel this confession in my soul.

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    All this talk of the Princess Bride... I had to put it on :)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »

Yes, and Happy Birthday to @pofoster21! I believe they said today was their birthday as well.

Thanks! Mine was actually last Sunday...Easter. First time ever. But apparently it will happen 3 more times into my early 80's if I live that long! I am now 47. ACK! Can't figure out how that happened. I still feel like a kid trying to figure out who I am going to be when I grow up!

Mine was April 6th!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    There was a girl at the gym two nights ago who was wearing a tank top that said

Sweating until the Wedding on the front and

08/26/16 on the back..

I couldn't help but think, I HOPE HE'S WORTH ALL THAT GURLLLLL

Wow someone realllllly wants people to know she's getting married...

And yes I'd like to be informed too if and when this thread is shut down or restarted its the only one I keep up with (or do my best to!)❤️
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I watch my 600 lb life and feel secretly superior. It shows that there are people a lot bigger than I am. (I know, I'm sorry)

I do this too :#
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Yes, and Happy Birthday to @pofoster21! I believe they said today was their birthday as well.

Thanks! Mine was actually last Sunday...Easter. First time ever. But apparently it will happen 3 more times into my early 80's if I live that long! I am now 47. ACK! Can't figure out how that happened. I still feel like a kid trying to figure out who I am going to be when I grow up!

Mine was April 6th!

Happy Birthday!
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    OMG I have 30 pages to catch up on... might skip a few sorry!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Confession: My shoulders are sore, and I blame @BZAH10 and @ythannah. I mean that in the nicest way possible. :)

Awesome! This makes me unreasonably happy. I guess this is the first time in a long time I feel like I've actually helped someone else.

I kind of think of you as the fairy godmother of this thread... You are kind and always take time to interact with people who have deep or out there stuff going on. I think you've helped a lot of people here.

I feel the same way. @BZAH10 makes such an effort to post helpful replies to so many people on here and remember all kinds of details from prior posts.

And for some weird reason I found this on page 3?? Might be a MFP glitch (or might just be what I'm seeing) but new posts don't seem to be updating the last post time.

Thank you BOTH for the kind words! That really means a lot to me. Seeing as how this is a "confessions" thread, I'll just say that I'm going through a phase IRL right now where I'm not feeling useful or beneficial to anyone. I kind of just slog through each day, one foot in front of the other, and deny that I'm kind of unhappy and just go through the motions.

Perhaps I'm over-compensating here, but I do love this thread: I love the pace, the variety, the topics, and all the great peeps! Real and marshmallow! Anyway, thanks again.

Sorry you feel that way IRL, here I think your posts are great!

Thank you. I'm at a crossroad: do I make some personal changes and see where it goes (could be better; could be worse)? Or do I just keep living my mediocre life? I know the grass always looks greener on the other side until you get there, so I just don't want to make the wrong decision. But, no risks, no rewards, right?

I read a quote recently that reminded me of myself: "My decision-making skills resemble that of a squirrel crossing the street."

Interesting... my husband and I are at a crossroads like that. We live in a city where there are good jobs and lots of money but not a lot to do for people who are dinks (Double Income No Kids). We have considered moving across the country where we are closer to the Eastern US so we can explore all the different cities out that way but the jobs and $$ is just not as good. I also want to start trying for a baby soon and feel bad for my parents/his parents if were were to leave b/c they would be missing out. It's such a hard balance some times. Do you stay where you are b/c it's comfortable and you know how green the grass is or do you take the risk and chance it? It's always hard.

I live on the East Coast (Boston area) right now. FWIW I would say if you want to move, the time to do it is before kids. If it wouldn't harm your career trajectory, you can discover a new place and enjoy your childless freedom. you could also afford a smaller place like and awesome loft etc. You can always move back to your parents when you have a baby, or not. Plus even if you did have a baby, they are pretty portable until they high kindergarten. However, the benefit of inlaws/parents when you have a little one cannot be understated.

But I like to move around and get a three year itch when I stay one place for too long.

Boston is on our list of places we would love to visit. My husband is 7'2" and my husband hates flying as he gets quite claustrophobic (even when getting the emergency exit rows or the bulk heads). We have flown to Vegas, San Fran, and New York. We were in NYC for Christmas and New Years 2012 and after that he was done with flying. So far, from where we live, we have driven to Seattle (13.5 hours), Spokane (10.5) hours, Minneapolis (19) hours and we've done this one twice as we are Vikings fans, and last but not least, Chicago (26 hours and we stopped in MN to catch a Vikings game). 28 hours was about our max we could do in one shot and Boston is about 42 hours w/o stopping. Hence, why we would love to move closer to east once we save some more $$$.

I wish I had kahonas to pick up and move every three years to check out new places. The stress of trying to find a new place to live and work would be a bit much for me, I think.

Wow 7'2... Are you tall?
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Mine was April 6th!

Happy Birthday!

Thanks happy birthday to you too!!
  • TheVogonVegan
    TheVogonVegan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I confess that I love Cary Elwes so much he even got me to watch Saw (and I am so squeamish with horror movies). <3
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I love when people post threads that are funny/heated/what have you on this thread as this is the only thread I keep up with!
  • Jengoing2015
    Jengoing2015 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

Arditarose, I have done similar things and do love peanut butter. I know the real stuff is better for you but I try to limit it. Ugh. Love Peanut Butter