Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I confess that I tried on a tank top last night, then came home and almost immediately tried out @BZAH10's shoulder work out. I used 2.5lb weights and quite literally felt the burn.

Welcome to the club! Hope you'll join us (err.. think it's just me at this point) making the non-perky shoulder workout video. :)

Yes please! I have broad shoulders but very doughy arms. I'll be the asthmatic girl in the way back, struggling to keep up.

Trust me, you won't be struggling to keep up if I'm the instructor. However, you may well be hypnotized by the batwings flapping away merrily on my twiggy arms.

That's it. I'm totally in on this. Shoulder workout commences tonight! (I remember the routine, but how often was this going down?)

Too bad I can't get away with doing it at work. That would be a much more productive use of my time most days.

I admit I started incorporating this into my workout as well :)

Did mine tonight.

And you're now in the video too ;)

Count me in the video, too. You definitely can feel the burn.
    I'll confess that I think I'm tough - I lift heavy (for me, realistically once a week) - so I was sure it was going to be nothing. I was wrong ;)

You're IN!! :) Happy to have you aboard!

(I just wanted to bump my favouritist ever thread back to page 1 where it belongs... I get sad when I see it on page 2)

Thank you! I almost panicked this morning when I didn't see it on the first page!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    LilLuLu4 wrote: »
    Confession: I saw a lady running at the gym today with no bra on, just a camisole. Though she wasn't big-boobed, I still couldn't help but think how uncomfortable I would feel doing that!

Yeah, even if she was small busted that is inappropriate for the gym. Working out at home like that is fine, but in public? No. I'm not a prude or anything I just think that's way too much of a "wardrobe malfunction" possibility.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    We are expecting severe weather tonight... Tornado and severe thunderstorm watch.

When my son was a few days old, we had a large tree fall during a bad storm. It missed the room I was nursing in by literally a foot. I heard it break and crash and thought we were goners. It was the most terrifying moment of my life. It did $10,000 worth of damage to our house and garage and totaled my car (landed on top and smashed the frame).

So, the confession part is that I totally have undiagnosed PTSD from that experience and have horrible anxiety in any type of bad weather. Since I don't have any Xanax handy, I medicated with gelato and nachos. My stomach hurts and I'm still scared.

Yikes! I'm so glad you were okay. What a nightmare. Yeah, I'd have PTSD from that, too. How was your weather last night?

The storms weren't bad by the time they crossed us. There was a fatality a good distance west of where I live.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My confession for the day: Thursday is the only night of the week where I don't have to be somewhere, and last night I wasted it watching....

Alex Cross

That movie is freakin' terrible! I rarely sit down and watch a movie and I was hugely disappointed with this one. The acting was terrible, the writing was so stilted. I am usually not very judgemental at movies, but blech! Other super terrible movies (I think we've done this once before, but oh well): The Truman Show, The Village, Sex Tape - didn't finish that one, too stupid.

I fell asleep through District 9 last weekend. It was so ridiculous I thought my time was better spent catching up on some ZZzzzz's

The only reason I sat through the entirety of District 9, I was really hoping to see some of those Shrimp People getting naked, or at least, some sort of Messiah leading an army of intelligent shrimp people to blow up earth.

What happened in the end? I gave up after he discovered he had a shrimp arm and ended up living in the slums eating cat food.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    @BZAH10 - So, glad I'm not the only one with ten posts in a row!!! I also did the arm workout last night!
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Confession: My shoulders are sore, and I blame @BZAH10 and @ythannah. I mean that in the nicest way possible. :)

Awesome! This makes me unreasonably happy. I guess this is the first time in a long time I feel like I've actually helped someone else.

I kind of think of you as the fairy godmother of this thread... You are kind and always take time to interact with people who have deep or out there stuff going on. I think you've helped a lot of people here.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I actually like the Truman show.

I've been eating horribly today and enjoying it way too much... Fulling expecting to spend the next 2-3 weeks making up for it.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    So I never actually posted a confession, though I've replied to some posts.

Friday the 17th is a holiday where I work, so the office is closed. I work in a CPA office and it's crunch time and here I am on MFP. Anyway, that's not even my confession. We get the Friday after tax season is over off work. Usually either my kids or my husband happen to have the day off too. This year - kids will be at school, hubby will be at work. Secretly I'm thrilled to have the whole day to myself. I can't tell you the last time I've had time to myself that didn't have to be used for errands or cleaning or laundry.

This is no secret for me! I purposely take days off that no one else had or has and I don't tell them ahead of time, either. I work hard for my days off, so they belong to ME! I volunteer to work extra during the Thanksgiving / Christmas holiday period so that others can take time off and then I take a 4-day weekend both in Jan. and Feb. every year. It's great!

Before she retired, my mil would take random days off and go to the movies or out to lunch. She called them "mental health days".

I'm rarely ever really sick but I use sick days from work that I call "mental health days", sad thing is I have to also fool my hubby into believing I am sick so he won't judge me.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    We are expecting severe weather tonight... Tornado and severe thunderstorm watch.

When my son was a few days old, we had a large tree fall during a bad storm. It missed the room I was nursing in by literally a foot. I heard it break and crash and thought we were goners. It was the most terrifying moment of my life. It did $10,000 worth of damage to our house and garage and totaled my car (landed on top and smashed the frame).

So, the confession part is that I totally have undiagnosed PTSD from that experience and have horrible anxiety in any type of bad weather. Since I don't have any Xanax handy, I medicated with gelato and nachos. My stomach hurts and I'm still scared.

Yikes! I'm so glad you were okay. What a nightmare. Yeah, I'd have PTSD from that, too. How was your weather last night?

The storms weren't bad by the time they crossed us. There was a fatality a good distance west of where I live.

that one was near me in Dekalb.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    My confession for the day: Thursday is the only night of the week where I don't have to be somewhere, and last night I wasted it watching....

Alex Cross

That movie is freakin' terrible! I rarely sit down and watch a movie and I was hugely disappointed with this one. The acting was terrible, the writing was so stilted. I am usually not very judgemental at movies, but blech! Other super terrible movies (I think we've done this once before, but oh well): The Truman Show, The Village, Sex Tape - didn't finish that one, too stupid.

I actually kind of like The Truman Show and The Village. District 9 is alright too.

I did not like Sex Tape. I was mad I wasted the money to see it in theatres. This Is 40 was another one I was super disappointed in.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I actually like the Truman show.

I've been eating horribly today and enjoying it way too much... Fulling expecting to spend the next 2-3 weeks making up for it.

It's your birthday - ENJOY IT!! Happy Birthday.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    @AgentOrangeJuice - You live in Dekalb? I thought you said Quad Cities awhile back...my memory is slipping! I'm originally from a little town near Dekalb, Oregon.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    @AgentOrangeJuice - You live in Dekalb? I thought you said Quad Cities awhile back...my memory is slipping! I'm originally from a little town near Dekalb, Oregon.

I live in the Quad Cities, Dekalb is near me.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    @BZAH10 - So, glad I'm not the only one with ten posts in a row!!! I also did the arm workout last night!

I know! I don't mean to do it on purpose. I have limited times when I can catch up and then I just respond right away so that I don't forget what I want to say. Looks like I'm a "binge poster". :(
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

that one was near me in Dekalb.

Ack! I saw the IL tornado on the news this morning! I am terrified of those things. That one looked huge.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Confession: My shoulders are sore, and I blame @BZAH10 and @ythannah. I mean that in the nicest way possible. :)

Awesome! This makes me unreasonably happy. I guess this is the first time in a long time I feel like I've actually helped someone else.

I kind of think of you as the fairy godmother of this thread... You are kind and always take time to interact with people who have deep or out there stuff going on. I think you've helped a lot of people here.

I feel the same way. @BZAH10 makes such an effort to post helpful replies to so many people on here and remember all kinds of details from prior posts.

And for some weird reason I found this on page 3?? Might be a MFP glitch (or might just be what I'm seeing) but new posts don't seem to be updating the last post time.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I threw out my back, so I'm eating whatever I want. Still logging.

I haven't weighed myself since 3/29 because I know I've gained weight. Gonna try to lose it all first before checking, or at least fully get back on the wagon.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »
    Forget about advise/advice... how many times per day must we read that somebody is struggling to LOOSE weight?

A lot of people do not know the difference between lose and loose. Loose is what you want your pants to be. We are on MFP to lose weight.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

I feel the same way. @BZAH10 makes such an effort to post helpful replies to so many people on here and remember all kinds of details from prior posts.

And for some weird reason I found this on page 3?? Might be a MFP glitch (or might just be what I'm seeing) but new posts don't seem to be updating the last post time.

Thank you BOTH for the kind words! That really means a lot to me. Seeing as how this is a "confessions" thread, I'll just say that I'm going through a phase IRL right now where I'm not feeling useful or beneficial to anyone. I kind of just slog through each day, one foot in front of the other, and deny that I'm kind of unhappy and just go through the motions.

Perhaps I'm over-compensating here, but I do love this thread: I love the pace, the variety, the topics, and all the great peeps! Real and marshmallow! Anyway, thanks again.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    I say things wrong, repeatedly , although phonetically correct all the time. Quesadilla, i pronounce those L's. Salmon, I pronounce that L just to get people to say it wrong in front of wait staff who then correct them.

Also, I do the best worst impressions ever.