Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    My confession du jour: I am communicating with my hot, sexy, body-building ex bf when I really should be focused only on my kind, caring, puny, clingy current boyfriend. I am a grown woman! But as my body takes better shape, my sense of self is becoming more confident. Not sure how much more time I can put in with a man 5" shorter and 13 years older than me.

PS - The bodybuilder guy is completely incapable of having a legit relationship. The little guy, well, he's madly in love.

Kinda sounds like you shouldn't be with either of them. Current boyfriend should be with someone who loves him exactly as he is and ex isn't relationship material, so what are you even doing here?

If you just want to bang your ex for a while, awesome, but seriously, why not find a guy who wants a legit relationship (if that's what you want) AND who you think is amazing both mentally and physically?

Credited
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I taught my 2 year old daughter to do the Hokey Pokey in anticipation of a wedding we were all in a couple of weeks ago. I was quite disappointed when they didn't play that song at the reception. Not sure that qualifies as confession material but somebody might make fun of me for liking the Hokey Pokey enough to teach it to my kid
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I bought a pie, ate one tiny piece and had to throw the rest away before I ate the whole darn thing. Not just throw it away. I mashed it up (but it still looked tasty) and dumped water over it before tossing it, pan and all, into the trash. I see alot of that behavior in my future.

I have a pet pig. She's a big ol' potbelly pig even though I got told she was a micro mini pig when we bought her. Anyway, if something is tempting me and I'm afraid that I can't resist, I feed it to the pig. If anyone complains I say "Pigs like (birthday cake, chips, whatever it was). You go look her in the eye and tell her she can't have a (whatever )." Lol Everyone thinks I'm nuts but... the food is gone. Problem solved!
    Confession- I try to avoid talking to my coworkers about counting calories and exercise because I'm afraid they will judge me. Like yeah right fatty you don't work out or eat healthy. I hate when people bring snacks in and I have to decline repeatedly. The judgment is probably all in my (anxious) head though.

I don't mind talking about it - they've seen my loss. What bugs me is when there are people I work with that yo-yo diet and when you try to educate them to help them or give them advice they look at you like you are from another planet and insist on doing their own plan. it never works. It is because of this I stopped talking about it.

Very early in this thread someone, and I wish I could remember who it was, said that when people ask them how they are losing weight they would say, 'I did it by eating pine cones'. I still randomly remember that and giggle!

That's my line! :) I cant wait to go back to see my dr so I can use it on him.

We were at a park on Easter walking a trail and got to a clearing where the ground was covered in pinecones. My husband yells "Its a smorgasbord up here! Kids, stuff your pockets full of pinecones and we won't have to buy groceries this week!" Lol

I love everything you said here :)

Me too! I'd love to see pictures of your pig! Where does she live? Inside, outside? Curious because you said you thought she was going to be small, so I'm wondering how you reacted when she kept growing.

Also, the pinecone response is great! I remember it from way back on the early pages.

I will put some pictures on here when I get on my laptop either tonight or tomorrow. Petunia was my birthday present 3 years ago from my husband.

She has a little barn & barnyard but I'm afraid to leave her out there overnight. A pig's main defense is squealing so... yeah, I need to protect her. My husband says nothing is going to attack her because she's huge.

She is an inside / outside pig and will follow me around the yard. I'm her "food lady" so she will follow me anywhere.

She was super tiny at first and supposed to get 15-20 pounds. There is a sucker born every minute! Lol

We took my mom to visit her sisters for Thanksgiving 3 years ago. I had Petunia for less than a month then. My sister babysat her for the weekend . We brought her to my sister's house in a tiny dog carrier.

When my husband went to pick her up 3 days later he called and said that he couldn't get her in the carrier. I was going "just throw some food in there, she'll go in " My husband laughs and says "no, she is literally bigger than the carrier. " O_o. We were like "what did you feed her?!?"

She is very sweet and simple. Feed her, love on her and she's happy.

Awww I can't wait to see pictures.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm depressed and fretful because I'm going in for minor surgery tomorrow and I'm really nervous because I've never had a general before, and as a result I was less than tactful with my husband and hurt his feelings and now I feel like crap and a total jerk about that on top of being fretful and nervous about tomorrow.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I'm depressed and fretful because I'm going in for minor surgery tomorrow and I'm really nervous because I've never had a general before, and as a result I was less than tactful with my husband and hurt his feelings and now I feel like crap and a total jerk about that on top of being fretful and nervous about tomorrow.

Hope things go well tomorrow. I'm sure he understands you are under a lot of stress and don't really mean it.
  • looneytunes32
    looneytunes32 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Hope things go well tomorrow!
    I hope he's understanding that your stressed out over your surgery.
  • CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    Options

Oh, Sweetie! I'm sure it will go well. Just do what they say - don't eat for the specified number of hours before. Medical technology is quite advanced these days. You'll be amazed! I've had to have several generals in my life due to a big injury, so I can assure you that they do a great job now. I'm sure your hub feels a little nervous for you, too. Kiss n' make up!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I confess that I had a large breakfast: A turkey cheddar bagel sandwich and a plum, followed by a large lunch of a sloppy amazing bacon cheeseburger and 6 fries, all of which would have been good if I hadn't ALSO had a large pumpkin muffin (prob 600 extra calories). I also have bbq ribs in the crockpot to have with cheesy scalloped potatoes for dinner..... Sorry not sorry. (mostly)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I'm the same way about the serial killers. I have a huge book on them, and one of the creepier ones is Albert Fish. Looking him up might induce nightmares.

Haha, the original sadomasochist!!

I find kids that kill the most interesting......Mary Bell is a tragic and sad story.....
    Here's a few that I think you might find interesting, though I worn everyone that they are tragic stories and not for the faint of heart (look at me, giving disclaimers):

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kelly_Anne_Bates
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Bulger
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Elisa_Lam

Elisa Lam is extremely interesting because no one knows how she could have gotten into that water tank by herself. There's also security footage of her acting strange in an elevator shortly before her death... I find it kind of unsettling. A movie is being made about her I think.

I remember the murder of James Bulger when it happened.....so sad!

Confession: I cry every time I see the security pic of James Bulger walking through the mall with his killers. As the father of a 3-year old (I'm omost 4 daddy - he would say), I absolutely ache for that poor child and his parents.

I don't know that one by name, and not going to google it. The one that haunted me when I was little was Jeanine Nicarico. She was my age, and my dad (from the area) and his siblings had a lot of mutual friends with her family. Eventually it came out they also had mutual friends or were friends with the killer's family, too. We were living in Wisconsin then, but all my cousins were local, and getting stranger danger assemblies at school every month. There were scares on the news any time someone saw anything suspicious. It was infuriating that everyone knew who really did it for years before the police got around to fixing their mistakes. The guy flat out confessed to anyone who would listen.

It is actually quite amazing how close we are to such things. My daughter actually just read a report at school about how the average person will have casual contact with six serial killers over their lifetime. SIX!

Edited to add that there are usually around 50 serial killers active in the States at any given time, and close to that same number in Canada....most people think of them as rare, but that is because we only hear about 1% of them......

The one that happened near me was the Bernardo murders. It actually happened when I was the exact age of his victims and my entire area was freaked out. Also, I knew a girl very well that was attacked by him (she survived).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bernardo

WOW the Canadian Ken and Barbie murderers?! Can you believe she's out?? Canadian law angers me sometimes with their sentences (don't worry the U.S. bothers me sometimes too) :)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession on my days off from work I usually have the Investigation Discovery channel on.

OH.EM.GEE. Favorite channel EVER! I was a criminal justice major and then was a corrections officer for three years- I have a sick obsession with serial killers

The only show I hate on there is Disappeared since a lot of the cases are still unsolved. The funny thing is I can watch ID Channel, but Criminal Minds gives me the creeps.

Right before I moved out of my parents house, I would watch Criminal Minds marathons with my dad. So much regret once I was living in a crappy apartment by myself in a (somewhat) unfamiliar town 45 minutes away.

I like Criminal Minds but don't enjoy watching it alone! It's one where they don't censor a lot and it gets very graphic, kind of freaks me out even though I know it's fake.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    The good news: All of the Easter candy is finally out of my house.

The bad news: I ate probably 3,000+ calories of Easter candy while my husband mowed the lawn.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    I confess that I tried on a tank top last night, then came home and almost immediately tried out @BZAH10's shoulder work out. I used 2.5lb weights and quite literally felt the burn.

Welcome to the club! Hope you'll join us (err.. think it's just me at this point) making the non-perky shoulder workout video. :)

Yes please! I have broad shoulders but very doughy arms. I'll be the asthmatic girl in the way back, struggling to keep up.

Trust me, you won't be struggling to keep up if I'm the instructor. However, you may well be hypnotized by the batwings flapping away merrily on my twiggy arms.

That's it. I'm totally in on this. Shoulder workout commences tonight! (I remember the routine, but how often was this going down?)

Too bad I can't get away with doing it at work. That would be a much more productive use of my time most days.

I admit I started incorporating this into my workout as well :)

• JuniperBeans
    JuniperBeans Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with balancing breastfeeding and weight loss. :( I know breastfeeding is best for the baby, but part of me wants to just stop completely so that I can crash diet. I've had 2 babies in 2 years and I'm so so so tired of being heavy. I want to wear my old clothes again!

Feeling extremely impatient.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    lilawolf wrote: »
    I confess that I had a large breakfast: A turkey cheddar bagel sandwich and a plum, followed by a large lunch of a sloppy amazing bacon cheeseburger and 6 fries, all of which would have been good if I hadn't ALSO had a large pumpkin muffin (prob 600 extra calories). I also have bbq ribs in the crockpot to have with cheesy scalloped potatoes for dinner..... Sorry not sorry. (mostly)

I have been craving a bacon cheeseburger and my mom is making pulled pork tomorrow. Yum.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    How does MFP help you?

I only supply the most truest answers.
  • lynda3y9
    lynda3y9 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!

I have just started logging again. 6 months ago I was down 30 lbs and working out regularly. I hurt myself in the gym and used it as an excuse to do NOTHING for 6 months but eat too much sugar. I have gained all the weight I lost plus a couple and completely lost all progress in fitness level. back to square one... and I'm still sugar bingeing and I argue with myself continually while shoving it in!
  • bloated_fatty
    bloated_fatty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm probably losing too much weight a month (10 lbs a month so far) I feel like I'm eating enough but I think I am over-exercising. I did so much cardio that it just melts away everything. I want to do this in a sustainable way but I'm just so focused that I think I might be over-doing it.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Between the links to all the MFP awesomeness, playing with my grandkids, and other distractions, it has taken me a good 6 hours and 6 (or was it 7?) chocolate chip cookies to catch up on the almost 30 pages that popped up here in less than 2 days. Whew!

My name is Cecilia (named after my grandfather, Cecil). No one ever spells it right. My childhood nickname was C Ya, or Silly Ann. My boss at my first real job after college started calling me Ceci (which is also never spelled right) and it stuck.

I love Criminal Minds and have lately been hooked on the Forensic Files show on HLN.

I like Kahlua and Irish Creme in my hot chocolate.

I am visiting family this week (came to my hometown to run my first half marathon on Saturday). I'm pretty much stuffing my face with whatever food I can find. I guess it's a good thing I live 8 hours away.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    How does MFP help you?

I only supply the most truest answers.

i7r8edqhx53a.gif
  • Ryokat
    Ryokat Posts: 168 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ryokat wrote: »
    My confession: I rarely ever meet my macros goals, even though I have no issues hitting my caloric requirements.

And not because I quick add calories.

It's because MFP is lacking the fourth (and arguably the most important) macro: ALCOHOL *swoons*

Why, MFP, WHY?!? How will I ever meet my macros goals, when you refuse to acknowledge the fourth macro, and when that fourth macro makes up a substantial number of my calories on a fairly regular basis??

I feel like MFP is judging alcoholics. Good thing THIS thread is reserved for those without judgement.

I haz a sad :(

If alcohol was a macro, I'd meet it every damn day!

Wait. You know that alcohol really IS basically a macro, right? Right??