Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Yup, I did just put a double shot of Bacardi into my McDonalds diet coke cup so my SO doesn't know >:)

my MIL is a bingo fanatic. I put beer in my colored water bottle when we go.... no one knows ;)

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I confess that I tried on a tank top last night, then came home and almost immediately tried out @BZAH10's shoulder work out. I used 2.5lb weights and quite literally felt the burn.

Welcome to the club! Hope you'll join us (err.. think it's just me at this point) making the non-perky shoulder workout video. :)

Yes please! I have broad shoulders but very doughy arms. I'll be the asthmatic girl in the way back, struggling to keep up.

Trust me, you won't be struggling to keep up if I'm the instructor. However, you may well be hypnotized by the batwings flapping away merrily on my twiggy arms.

That's it. I'm totally in on this. Shoulder workout commences tonight! (I remember the routine, but how often was this going down?)

Too bad I can't get away with doing it at work. That would be a much more productive use of my time most days.

I admit I started incorporating this into my workout as well :)

Did mine tonight.

And you're now in the video too ;)
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I'm the same way about the serial killers. I have a huge book on them, and one of the creepier ones is Albert Fish. Looking him up might induce nightmares.

Haha, the original sadomasochist!!

I find kids that kill the most interesting......Mary Bell is a tragic and sad story.....
    Here's a few that I think you might find interesting, though I worn everyone that they are tragic stories and not for the faint of heart (look at me, giving disclaimers):

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kelly_Anne_Bates
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Bulger
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Elisa_Lam

Elisa Lam is extremely interesting because no one knows how she could have gotten into that water tank by herself. There's also security footage of her acting strange in an elevator shortly before her death... I find it kind of unsettling. A movie is being made about her I think.

I remember the murder of James Bulger when it happened.....so sad!

Confession: I cry every time I see the security pic of James Bulger walking through the mall with his killers. As the father of a 3-year old (I'm omost 4 daddy - he would say), I absolutely ache for that poor child and his parents.

I don't know that one by name, and not going to google it. The one that haunted me when I was little was Jeanine Nicarico. She was my age, and my dad (from the area) and his siblings had a lot of mutual friends with her family. Eventually it came out they also had mutual friends or were friends with the killer's family, too. We were living in Wisconsin then, but all my cousins were local, and getting stranger danger assemblies at school every month. There were scares on the news any time someone saw anything suspicious. It was infuriating that everyone knew who really did it for years before the police got around to fixing their mistakes. The guy flat out confessed to anyone who would listen.

It is actually quite amazing how close we are to such things. My daughter actually just read a report at school about how the average person will have casual contact with six serial killers over their lifetime. SIX!

Edited to add that there are usually around 50 serial killers active in the States at any given time, and close to that same number in Canada....most people think of them as rare, but that is because we only hear about 1% of them......

The one that happened near me was the Bernardo murders. It actually happened when I was the exact age of his victims and my entire area was freaked out. Also, I knew a girl very well that was attacked by him (she survived).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bernardo

WOW the Canadian Ken and Barbie murderers?! Can you believe she's out?? Canadian law angers me sometimes with their sentences (don't worry the U.S. bothers me sometimes too) :)
    They anger me too. Sometimes (okay... most times) I wish we had American style justice.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I'm the same way about the serial killers. I have a huge book on them, and one of the creepier ones is Albert Fish. Looking him up might induce nightmares.

Haha, the original sadomasochist!!

I find kids that kill the most interesting......Mary Bell is a tragic and sad story.....
    Here's a few that I think you might find interesting, though I worn everyone that they are tragic stories and not for the faint of heart (look at me, giving disclaimers):

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kelly_Anne_Bates
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Bulger

Elisa Lam is extremely interesting because no one knows how she could have gotten into that water tank by herself. There's also security footage of her acting strange in an elevator shortly before her death... I find it kind of unsettling. A movie is being made about her I think.

I remember the murder of James Bulger when it happened.....so sad!

Confession: I cry every time I see the security pic of James Bulger walking through the mall with his killers. As the father of a 3-year old (I'm omost 4 daddy - he would say), I absolutely ache for that poor child and his parents.

I don't know that one by name, and not going to google it. The one that haunted me when I was little was Jeanine Nicarico. She was my age, and my dad (from the area) and his siblings had a lot of mutual friends with her family. Eventually it came out they also had mutual friends or were friends with the killer's family, too. We were living in Wisconsin then, but all my cousins were local, and getting stranger danger assemblies at school every month. There were scares on the news any time someone saw anything suspicious. It was infuriating that everyone knew who really did it for years before the police got around to fixing their mistakes. The guy flat out confessed to anyone who would listen.

It is actually quite amazing how close we are to such things. My daughter actually just read a report at school about how the average person will have casual contact with six serial killers over their lifetime. SIX!

Edited to add that there are usually around 50 serial killers active in the States at any given time, and close to that same number in Canada....most people think of them as rare, but that is because we only hear about 1% of them......

The one that happened near me was the Bernardo murders. It actually happened when I was the exact age of his victims and my entire area was freaked out. Also, I knew a girl very well that was attacked by him (she survived).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bernardo

WOW the Canadian Ken and Barbie murderers?! Can you believe she's out?? Canadian law angers me sometimes with their sentences (don't worry the U.S. bothers me sometimes too) :)

At the risk of getting blasted....I am ok with it actually....because I am obsessed with serial killers in general and this one happened right in my hometown, I have literally read and watched every single thing available about this case. Also when he was caught and my friend realized it was him that also attacked her, that really made me interested in their case.

I, as rare as it is, am a Karla sympathizer. He was vicious and she was under his spell......I do not think she is a danger to anyone. I have had many an argument about this, and I am firm in my opinion. Just learning about the things he did to her made me feel that way.

Now, him on the other hand, should never see the outside again. He is insane and society would never be safe with him in it.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I confess that I tried on a tank top last night, then came home and almost immediately tried out @BZAH10's shoulder work out. I used 2.5lb weights and quite literally felt the burn.

Welcome to the club! Hope you'll join us (err.. think it's just me at this point) making the non-perky shoulder workout video. :)

Yes please! I have broad shoulders but very doughy arms. I'll be the asthmatic girl in the way back, struggling to keep up.

Trust me, you won't be struggling to keep up if I'm the instructor. However, you may well be hypnotized by the batwings flapping away merrily on my twiggy arms.

That's it. I'm totally in on this. Shoulder workout commences tonight! (I remember the routine, but how often was this going down?)

Too bad I can't get away with doing it at work. That would be a much more productive use of my time most days.

I admit I started incorporating this into my workout as well :)

Did mine tonight.

And you're now in the video too ;)

Count me in the video, too. You definitely can feel the burn.
    I'll confess that I think I'm tough - I lift heavy (for me, realistically once a week) - so I was sure it was going to be nothing. I was wrong ;)
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    We are expecting severe weather tonight... Tornado and severe thunderstorm watch.

When my son was a few days old, we had a large tree fall during a bad storm. It missed the room I was nursing in by literally a foot. I heard it break and crash and thought we were goners. It was the most terrifying moment of my life. It did $10,000 worth of damage to our house and garage and totaled my car (landed on top and smashed the frame).

So, the confession part is that I totally have undiagnosed PTSD from that experience and have horrible anxiety in any type of bad weather. Since I don't have any Xanax handy, I medicated with gelato and nachos. My stomach hurts and I'm still scared.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    DISCLAIMER: drink responsibly

I'm gonna leave this here. do what you want with it. I gotta go hit walmart for their 50% easter leftovers.

Peeps Vodka

• qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Confession-- if the 'Adipose' pill from Dr. Who was real I would take that in a heartbeat, even knowing that some weird little alien fatbabies would be somehow popping out of me overnight.

harpsdesire, I should perhaps be embarrassed to inform you of the following reality... that not only have I never seen a Dr. Who episode (am suddenly hearing imagined-in-my-mind gasps from afar), but there hadn't been any single allusion to the show (and specifically, that I had crossed paths with) which triggered my desire to watch said show, let alone resulted in my feeling practically *compelled* to do so... until now.

That day has arrived, thanks to you! :)

Alas, and as though you have somehow been a sci-fi 'matchmaker' of sorts (accidental though it may be), your mention of "weird little alien fatbabies" -- let alone, their in any way "popping out of" *anything* overnight -- was apparently the kind of fascinating whatnot (albeit a somewhat intriguingly disturbing one, at that ;), and replete with one heckuva what-might-it-look-like 'visual') that ultimately 'did the seemingly impossible'... not only did your happenstance mention of such result in my thinking something along the lines of, ~'okay, that's it -- I have *got* to see this show...', but I also 'couldn't help myself', and Googled the darn episode, along with explanatory miscellany...

...and you can only imagine my reaction to reading the following words (from the Tardis Data Core subset of the Dr. Who wiki) --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Adipose were a race of vaguely humanoid blobs of fat.

Biology :: Young Adipose were hand-sized, marshmallow-shaped beings, composed almost entirely of fat. They had two eyes and a mouth, two arms with webbed hands and two stumpy legs. Most Adipose had what appeared to be a single tooth.

Life cycle :: The Adipose reproduced on Nursery Worlds. When on Earth, the Adipose's development was started when a pill from Adipose Industries was ingested. The young Adipose would grow, collecting fat from around the body. Every night, the Adipose would then be born and leave the body. They could convert other material into fat; however, this practice was not good for their health. Alternative materials included the bones, organs, muscles and many other human tissues. In emergencies, this was used to dispose of people by turning them completely into Adipose.

-- (my internal reaction as I read that = "...oh, my... what?!... wow... cool... what the... holy... interesting... OMG...")

...and with *that*, I was freaking *hooked* (I simply *must* see this show!)... :)

My failed attempt to 'not get sucked into' the vortex-ified 'world' of yet another sci-fi franchise has now met with its seemingly pre-destined demise... in this context, the fait accompli -esque mantra of "resistance is futile...you *will* be assimilated..." (no truer (or more freak-out-ishly creepy, monotonically uttered) words were ever spoken by the almighty Borg, of Star Trek lore) would seem to be my 'fate' (as well as that of many others), when in the 'orbit' of the 'gravitational pull' of the 'world' of Dr. Who.

(All that being said, the unexpected detour into learning of Dr. Who's Adipose beings has taken me right back to thinking about marshmallows, unfortunately... and while this could result in my having a nightmare tonight, perhaps involving a Peeps contingent commanding an army of marshmallows-the-size-of-dolls'-heads, courtesy of memory-based 'crosstalk' happening in my mind, while dreaming, that's a small price to pay for having experienced my 'watershed moment', when it comes to 'triggered onset' of Dr. Who viewing... ;) )

...but in the end, my pending addiction to Dr. Who, sparked in passing while catching up on the neverending stream of fun posts in this thread (and which include countless bits of interesting insight, helpful responses, playful banter, smile and/or laugh-inducing retorts, and confessions ranging from the utterly delightful and oh-so-comically-human -to- would-hesitate-admitting-this-to-anyone examples of bravery that are met so often with confirmation of said confession-based specific(s) being understandable, and/or that others feel, think, and/or do 'the same' thing, too), this all just goes to show... that 'going to Confession' (here, anyway :) ) can lead to all kinds of unexpectedly lifechanging moments...! :)

(Thank You!)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Confession-- if the 'Adipose' pill from Dr. Who was real I would take that in a heartbeat, even knowing that some weird little alien fatbabies would be somehow popping out of me overnight.

harpsdesire, I should perhaps be embarrassed to inform you of the following reality... that not only have I never seen a Dr. Who episode (am suddenly hearing imagined-in-my-mind gasps from afar), but there hadn't been any single allusion to the show (and specifically, that I had crossed paths with) which triggered my desire to watch said show, let alone resulted in my feeling practically *compelled* to do so... until now.

Alas, and as though you have somehow been a sci-fi 'matchmaker' of sorts (accidental though it may be), your mention of "weird little alien fatbabies" -- let alone, their in any way "popping out of" *anything* overnight -- was apparently the kind of fascinating whatnot (albeit a somewhat intriguingly disturbing one, at that ;), and replete with one heckuva what-might-it-look-like 'visual') that ultimately 'did the seemingly impossible'... not only did your happenstance mention of such result in my thinking something along the lines of, ~'okay, that's it -- I have *got* to see this show...', but I also 'couldn't help myself', and Googled the darn episode, along with explanatory miscellany...

...and you can only imagine my reaction to reading the following words (from the Tardis Data Core subset of the Dr. Who wiki) --

Biology :: Young Adipose were hand-sized, marshmallow-shaped beings, composed almost entirely of fat. They had two eyes and a mouth, two arms with webbed hands and two stumpy legs. Most Adipose had what appeared to be a single tooth.

Life cycle :: The Adipose reproduced on Nursery Worlds. When on Earth, the Adipose's development was started when a pill from Adipose Industries was ingested. The young Adipose would grow, collecting fat from around the body. Every night, the Adipose would then be born and leave the body. They could convert other material into fat; however, this practice was not good for their health. Alternative materials included the bones, organs, muscles and many other human tissues. In emergencies, this was used to dispose of people by turning them completely into Adipose.

-- (my internal reaction as I read that = "...oh, my... what?!... wow... cool... what the... holy... interesting... OMG...")

...and with *that*, I was freaking *hooked* (I simply *must* see this show!)... :)

My failed attempt to 'not get sucked into' the vortex-ified 'world' of yet another sci-fi franchise has now met with its seemingly pre-destined demise... in this context, the fait accompli -esque mantra of "resistance is futile...you *will* be assimilated..." (no truer (or more freak-out-ishly creepy, monotonically uttered) words were ever spoken by the almighty Borg, of Star Trek lore) would seem to be my 'fate' (as well as that of many others), when in the 'orbit' of the 'gravitational pull' of the 'world' of Dr. Who.

(All that being said, the unexpected detour into learning of Dr. Who's Adipose beings has taken me right back to thinking about marshmallows, unfortunately... and while this could result in my having a nightmare tonight, perhaps involving a Peeps contingent commanding an army of marshmallows-the-size-of-dolls'-heads, courtesy of memory-based 'crosstalk' happening in my mind, while dreaming, that's a small price to pay for having experienced my 'watershed moment', when it comes to 'triggered onset' of Dr. Who viewing... ;) )

...but in the end, my pending addiction to Dr. Who, sparked in passing while catching up on the neverending stream of fun posts in this thread (and which include countless bits of interesting insight, helpful responses, playful banter, smile and/or laugh-inducing retorts, and confessions ranging from the utterly delightful and oh-so-comically-human -to- would-hesitate-admitting-this-to-anyone examples of bravery that are met so often with confirmation of said confession-based specific(s) being understandable, and/or that others feel, think, and/or do 'the same' thing, too), this all just goes to show... that 'going to Confession' (here, anyway :) ) can lead to all kinds of unexpectedly lifechanging moments...! :)

(Thank You!)

Welcome to the fandom ;) That is indeed the most eloquent submission to the irresistable community of Whovians I've ever had the pleasure of reading!
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My Confession: I have been completely off the reservation as far as diet and exercise goes for about 3 weeks. My diet had basically consisted of jalapeno cheese bombers from hardees and iced honey buns.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Between the links to all the MFP awesomeness, playing with my grandkids, and other distractions, it has taken me a good 6 hours and 6 (or was it 7?) chocolate chip cookies to catch up on the almost 30 pages that popped up here in less than 2 days. Whew!

My name is Cecilia (named after my grandfather, Cecil). No one ever spells it right. My childhood nickname was C Ya, or Silly Ann. My boss at my first real job after college started calling me Ceci (which is also never spelled right) and it stuck.

I love Criminal Minds and have lately been hooked on the Forensic Files show on HLN.

I like Kahlua and Irish Creme in my hot chocolate.

I am visiting family this week (came to my hometown to run my first half marathon on Saturday). I'm pretty much stuffing my face with whatever food I can find. I guess it's a good thing I live 8 hours away.

I love your name! It's very pretty. I, too, watch Forensic Files on HLN plus they have 40 episodes on Netflix that I'm making my way through!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm sad and depressed and stressed and considering just eating cheese for dinner.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options

(I am SO behind, sorry)
    I don't get creeped out by much, but the Elisa Lam story is extremely creepy and unsettling. I'm easily disturbed by murders (especially involving children) but rarely creeped out.

• threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    !!!777th Post!!!

Lego Dimensions is coming out for Xbox One, I'm super excited for this. Basically, it's of the Disney Infinity, Skylanders model, where you buy a portal, then you buy additional minifigs that will upload into the game when they're on the portal. Lego Dimensions comes with a Lego Portal you get to construct yourself and it will merge all the lego worlds Lego Movie style. The starter pack comes with Batman, Wyldstyle and Gandalf. I really hope they release a Lego Green Lantern for the set. Who wouldn't love open world sandbox lego building with all the characters they hold license for? basically come september, my expendable income is going to be shot.

Oh God no. Please no.
    My kid already collects Disney Infinity and what does he love more than Disney Infinity? LEGO. And THE LEGO MOVIE

/killselfnow

I just watched the official commercial with Joel McHale and even the commercial is awesome.
    I'm not sure whether to throw up my arms and howl NOOOOO at the sky, or be excited about how excited my kid is gonna be.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yup, I did just put a double shot of Bacardi into my McDonalds diet coke cup so my SO doesn't know >:)

my MIL is a bingo fanatic. I put beer in my colored water bottle when we go.... no one knows ;)

LOL you would have to for Bingo, I don't blame you.
    I never win at Bingo. I'm one of those people who never win. I do the lottery every week and the most I've won is my £1 back. it sucks, but I keep doing it in case the worlds all align and by some sorcery my numbers come up. Because you know the one week you don't do it, your numbers will come up. :neutral:
  • Lois_1989
    Options

(Thank You!)

Welcome to the fandom ;) That is indeed the most eloquent submission to the irresistable community of Whovians I've ever had the pleasure of reading!

Just don't watch the one with the Weeping Angels. Scares the S*** out of me every time and I can't walk past a statue without keeping my eyes on it. Just don't look into their eyes...

rfe4e5iakad6.jpg
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I got behind on this thread over Easter and I just can't catch up, so sorry for ignoring comments on pages 312 - 342!

My confession - I have done *really* well with not gorging on Easter eggs (I still have stuff left) but I've been eating other crap I don't usually instead! How ridiculous.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options

(Thank You!)

Just don't watch the one with the Weeping Angels. Scares the S*** out of me every time and I can't walk past a statue without keeping my eyes on it. Just don't look into their eyes...

rfe4e5iakad6.jpg

I have screen grabs from that Doctor Who weeping angel recording as a screen saver set to go off in intervals. So it looks like she is getting closer.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    We are expecting severe weather tonight... Tornado and severe thunderstorm watch.

When my son was a few days old, we had a large tree fall during a bad storm. It missed the room I was nursing in by literally a foot. I heard it break and crash and thought we were goners. It was the most terrifying moment of my life. It did $10,000 worth of damage to our house and garage and totaled my car (landed on top and smashed the frame).

So, the confession part is that I totally have undiagnosed PTSD from that experience and have horrible anxiety in any type of bad weather. Since I don't have any Xanax handy, I medicated with gelato and nachos. My stomach hurts and I'm still scared.

That does sound horrifically scary. Glad you and the baby were OK, and hope the gelato did the trick for you.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »

(Thank You!)

rfe4e5iakad6.jpg

I have screen grabs from that Doctor Who weeping angel recording as a screen saver set to go off in intervals. So it looks like she is getting closer.

Yea I've heard about this, I think I would end up a crying mess if I saw that...